Support Gems for Zombies

Which support gems would be good for Zombies in the current meta?

Is Melee Splash still worth it now that Zombies have a similar mechanism built-in?

Is Poison worth using with Zombies?

What else should I use? Minion Damge? Faster Attacks? Anything else?

(I'm mostly looking for DPS on them, not survivability)
Anyone?
I haven't yet tried summoning in 2.1... but my suspicion would be that in a +2 helm with hatred running Minion damage would be better ... I did find Multi strike / Splash faster for clearing maps .. but took longer with tough bosses in previous release.. Now that poison is a good Question if you use wither to speed up the boss death.. not sure how effective that would be.. Running a Chaos mage kinda thing .. but then you would want to increase phys damage/chaos damage of the zombie which then might make RZ + MPD + MD + Minion speed/faster attack/multi strike or even added chaos work better.. possibly .. empower?

Sorry no real help,
zombie - empower - melee phys - multistrike - minion dmg - melee splaash / fortify (for bosses).
5L: drop splash
4L: drop empower/melee phys
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Dec 14, 2015, 10:11:41 PM
I've been using Minion Life - Melee Splash - Fortify pre 2.1. With the new AOE ground slam attack they are supposed to have I might swap Melee Splash with Minion Damage.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
I like my Zombies in a 6 link, prefer them over Spectre's because you have more of them, and when they die you can re-summon them on the spot unlike Spectres. My build has 10, and 4 Spectre's

Raise Zombie > Minion Dmg > Inc Melee Phys > Empower > Multistrike > Melee Splash "swap for added fire for single target"

For most builds: Purity > Hatred > Haste
i do melee physical , minion damage and multi strike in a +2 helm. switch out multi strike for splash if you are just melting garbage maps as every little bit helps for clear speed and the bosses would not have enough hp to justify pure single target.

the best specters are about 2.5x better at clearing trash than zombies will ever be and they dont gain much from levels

therefore it is technically optimal to 6l specters and 4l+2 helm the zombies it also eliminates the dependency on empower which is expensive and tedious in new leagues.

use fortify only in large parties because you will no longer be the main damage dealer but rather the meat sheild. in solo play you can reasonably do enough damage to kill things before fortify becomes useful.

you might also want to drop flesh for bone offering in parties too since specters dont gain anything from attack speed anyway and again your minions wont be winning dps contests in groups.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 15, 2015, 12:47:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info