[2.1.0 Talisman] From the shadows I strike! (CoC - Bladefall - EK)

Gameplay video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AAWDlyodbI tier 8 and tier 5 map

Old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tghH-foli-U acton's nightmare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqTNTO0hAXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMe98vwoaR0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The build

The build is basically the idea that cyclone and vortex blades would be OP together. At this moment however I don't proc crits engough to make vortex blades stack engough to be actually any good, so I simply replaced it with blade fall and ek. And you know what, it works perfectly. The future of the build is going towards vortex blades, enless it seems utterly unviable.

So basically like any coc we focus crit chance and in this case we'll also focus physical damage. Since both cyclone, vortex blades, blade fall, ek benefit from this. The tree might still undergo some changes and is no where near final. Any suggestions are appreciated torwards improving this build.

This being the first iteration of the build, I have decided the vortex blade is really unviable due to our current position in the tree -> No access to increased duration, the number of crit procs required to built and high engough stack of these things. For now the vortex blades - coc is shelved, in this build.

We will continue to focus on CoC - Bladefall - EK as main damage which is now up to 15K base on a 4 link without even having lv 20 gems or anything.

Also this build is aimed to be played on the new leagues and won't use legacy OP gear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Gear

Spoiler

Old :
second:
Spoiler

start:
Spoiler

links

Cyclone - CoC - Blade Fall - EK - Added Fire Damage - (Physical to Lightning/More Physical) => epic damage!
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Molten Shell
Aura: Hatred - ( HoI - Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark/Poachers Mark) - Herald Of Ash
Movement: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

I totally scrapped blasphemy due a) 35% b) HoI achieves the same thing.

Bandits

Oak / Oak / Alira

-> HP
-> Phy damage => Benefits all the offensive skills
-> Alira => power charge = extra crits

Tree

Tree at level 80

Leveling

1-45 -> I started leveling as EK. Simply scaling phy damage in the beginning. Getting the nodes to phase acro, but not taking yet. Same as for vaal pact. Start stacking crit chance.

45-60 -> Switch to CoC and start spinning around :) Take care of your HP pool and res! This build tanks through dodge and high hp pool.

Last edited by sklipnoty on Dec 28, 2015, 8:41:12 AM
cool idea
Hi, did you try blade votex?
"
flyaway_kong wrote:
Hi, did you try blade votex?

Yes I tried blade vortex and I'm only able to get up to 10-12 stacks at the most for now.
Which is alot lower in damage than blade fall or ek.

The reasons for this I guess is my low atta spd, not engough crit chance.

I'll try to counter it by getting 1 more power charge from the tree + 1 charge from alira.
Outside that running 5 frenzy charges should increase att spd and overal speed of this build. Again this is level 70+ stuff though.
Last edited by sklipnoty on Dec 13, 2015, 5:38:50 AM
Hey! I like your build. But going to dodge in high maps can be angry because we "melee".

Why not this?

Just go Iron Reflexes and put some shield nodes for go 1h + shield. With that we can go more tanky. Dual wield, viable option but i prefer mitigate some dmg. I dont know how good is dual wield blocking attacks in higher maps.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLEFLQW1DPINjQ5ID6sRLxGWFHUWvxjbGbQbrSPTI_YkiyT9JpUppSoLKjgs4TB8Nj094j7PQzFHBkd-SO5KfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtaGluvXfJh4mKsY0NlTWqMapNsjG8ncFJwVnTtdPF1_Xiueu97FH11feOEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5AbmhOaap2qotmjiqXLpzSsZrDYsbO0xbVIuT69Nr3mvqfC7MMzwzrIFMu9037UQth22sHb1Nvn45_mgedU62PuDvLh9W_2_PzF_rr_3g==

And go for:

Head: Abyssus

Hands: Maligaro

Boots: Armor, Life, resist, m. speed.

Belt: Phys dmg, life, resist.

Chest: Armor (high armor, life, resist). Maybe Daresso for more life leech and onslaught.
6L: Cyclone - COC - Bladefall - EK - Power charge on critical - Increased Critical Strikes (?)
Hey! I like your build. But going to dodge in high maps can be angry because we "melee".

Why not this?

Just go Iron Reflexes and put some shield nodes for go 1h + shield. With that we can go more tanky. Dual wield, viable option but i prefer mitigate some dmg. I dont know how good is dual wield blocking attacks in higher maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLEFLQW1DPINjQ5ID6sRLxGWFHUWvxjbGbQbrSPTI_YkiyT9JpUppSoLKjgs4TB8Nj094j7PQzFHBkd-SO5KfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtaGluvXfJh4mKsY0NlTWqMapNsjG8ncFJwVnTtdPF1_Xiueu97FH11feOEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5AbmhOaap2qotmjiqXLpzSsZrDYsbO0xbVIuT69Nr3mvqfC7MMzwzrIFMu9037UQth22sHb1Nvn45_mgedU62PuDvLh9W_2_PzF_rr_3g==

And go for:

Chest: Armor (high armor, life, resist). Maybe Daresso for more life leech and onslaught.
6L: Cyclone - COC - Bladefall - EK - Power charge on critical - Increased Critical Strikes (?)
Last edited by k33s69 on Dec 13, 2015, 10:24:55 AM
I can't post well, dont know why.

Last edited by k33s69 on Dec 13, 2015, 10:33:25 AM
Hi

can this be played in hc?
"
k33s69 wrote:

Why not this?

Spoiler

And go for:

Well your tree is amour based and the build I put forward here is evasion based. Although I'm pretty sure what you suggest could work, it's not what I want to pursue. If eventually I find I die too much in end-game maps (lv 78 + - dont' know what tier that is exactly.), I might have to entertain such an idea. But for now full ev and dodge is good engough.

This for sure! Perhaps even blood dance for frenzies.

Chest: Well the viable options are either lightning coil, daresso's or a belly. (perhaps even a +1 tabula although that's a little too dangerous.)

Honestly If I hit 6k life, dodge will work fine in end-game maps. Espcially if we have a IC for the though spots. I don't like abyssus because of the extra damage so for now that's not an option.

Maligro's is certainly viable, to bad it's going to be expensive as fuck ...

Anyway the build is made for people on the new league...

I'm leaning towards using daresso's for endu charges, pcoc for power charges, frenzy charges with the blaphemy. Also using hatred right now which pretty much doubled. The only thing I have to do is cap my resistances.

In case of lightning coil I would def. go with phy to lightning

Cyclone - COC - Bladefall - EK - Power charge on critical - Phy to lightning

Daresso's :

Cyclone - COC - EK - PCoC - BF - (Moore Meele Phy / Phy to light / Added fire / ... ? )

Basically all these increase dmg by a shit ton, possibly even more than multi. Although I would have to test that.

"
Tunechis wrote:
Hi

can this be played in hc?

Without heavily modifying it ? No this is not hc viable...
Last edited by sklipnoty on Dec 13, 2015, 12:06:31 PM
any idea how hc tree would look like? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info