Blade vortex is broken

Stun_chance [%] = 200 * damage / defender_effective_max_life

The default length of stuns is 350ms.

Each blade stack of blade vortex hits at a fixed rate of 2 hits per second regardless of cast speed.

Does anyone see a problem here? Even if the damage is very small, you can have full stun uptime simply due to the high hit rate. i.e. even a piddly 100 damage blade vortex on a 5000 life target, with only 30 stacks, would be stunning the target constantly, without any investment in stun duration or threshold reduction. Throw in a warlord's mark and it's silly.

This is not just a pvp problem. The way blade vortex behaves with the stun formula provides exceptional survivability in pve as well. All you need to do is build around thorns/tempest shield (i.e. cybils paw, leech, aegis, etc) and it's EZ mode.

*correction: If %chance to stun below 20% is ignored, blade vortex would need to do 500 damage vs a 5000hp target in pvp to effectively perm stun once they walk into you. With warlords mark the damage requirement would be 125. Halve it with the stun support gem (further reductions with other gear/passive investment).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Dec 31, 2015, 9:35:19 PM
Truly amazing skill, stackable, fixed 2 hits/sec, phys base, no need to aim, always up even if you're stunned/frozen. ball lightning pass off.

It's ggg, every patch we get a new spell that destroys everything without any investment. When they introduced whispering ice I knew it would be op, and 10% the investment of other builds I was killing everyone that league (WeirdOldHag). Before then I was playing cyclone, and then gave up.

That is the solution: you have to understand GGG doesn't want you to play melee. We all need to play blade vortex.

edit: some stats...5k life, 46% spelldodge, still die in less than 1 second. I feel bad for those who have less.
Last edited by berkshireee on Jan 4, 2016, 11:34:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info