BP0017's Tornado Shot Windripper 2.1

BP0017's 2.1 Tornado Shot High Budget Ranger

Disclaimer: This is a high budget build, minimum investment at least 7 exalts for bare minimum.

Pros:
+High (35k+) AOE DPS Tornado Shot
+High (40k+) Single Target Frenzy/ TS
+Amazing clearspeed
Cons:
-Expensive
-Not HC viable
-Only 3.6-4k life
-Not for inexperienced players; manual dodging is required

Hi, welcome to my build guide. This build started in early 2.0 after the Windripper nerf. As a result, a 5link Windripper fell in price to 5ex, so I started this build. It started as CritSplit, but upon the 2.1 Split Arrow nerf and TS buff, I switched to Tornado Shot. The build received a MASSIVE buff in 2.1; with the addition of ATTACK damage life leech, the Life Leech gem was no longer needed, resulting in an additional support, as well as the 10% TS buff from 2.0. The build also removed the blood magic gem, gaining another DPS or surviviability gem slot. This left the build in a great spot for 2.1

The build achieves high DPS through the stacking elemental damage and crit. Rat's Nest contributes crit, attack speed, and movespeed to the charactar, which gives a large DPS boost. The next DPS slots are ring and an ammy, where crit and crit multi are ideal. The other ring I use for resists and life. Quiver is also important; crit, crit multi, resist, all important. Quivers are fairly cheap, and I got mine (linked below) for about 10c. The last damage slot is the gloves, where you have a choice of either Maligaro's or the new Southbound gloves. Maligaro's is top DPS (and Acuities if you can afford them), but offers no defensive benefit. Southbound, however, offers a T1 resist, flat cold damage, and 15% increased max life, which helps to supplement the rather low life percentage on the tree. The downside, you cannot kill nonfrozen enemies, doesn't really affect us too much due to our high crit. If we do fail to freeze an enemy (say, a high level boss) our handy Ice Golem can always finish it off.

The main form of defense for the build is the good old CWDT-Immortal Call combo with charges from Darresso's Defiance. I have a six link (about 20ex standard prices), but the build can work with a 5 link. This gives us a lot of survivability from bursts of physical damage. Another part of the build's defense is Arcobatics. I don't believe Phase Acro is worth it in the already point-starved build, but it can be used if necessary. Another defensive mechanic of the build is that it knockbacks on crit (due to the passive notable King of the Hill). This prevents many enemies from even reaching the character, including bosses.

Current Gear:

Gem setup:
TS-WED-GMP-FA-AddedLight-LightPen (removed BM thanks guys)
Frenzy(Optional)-Frenzy-WED-Slower Proj- FA- Item Rarity-Item Quantity

CWDT-Immortal call-Increased Duration
Summon Ice golem, Bloodrage, Increased duration
Curse on Hit- Herald of Thunder
Wrath(somewhere)

Rough DPS Numbers-
TS(just auras+golem) 20k
TS(Full Charges) 35k
Pictures coming soon!

Passive Tree-
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKXBqfUGYr-yMM6oaSbtSo4JIvh21-wD6sGI8pKFr97FBXwb54mlflj8bOcpGHiVP5LV4cTVUu95sDjdweMNj7PidNRR3BSjb_nVDB8KgvUIyT9jX1_K13y_94j9lb6OdQrCk2S7g7dRm_ydvcRL_zFY6egnzH662MNjRGBNj1br4d2napVhU4qIXbjn2yMpctM_yPThs5KfWKsQzGPYG8nwTPawY1-wzOaanTtzZhaGgUt6mJ1y76nZU29Nkd-hNnWWOCfBWY=

Jewels-
Static ElectricityX2
Str-Int jewel for Wrath/ HoT/HoI

Videos:
Coming Soon

Other Builds:
Dual Wield Flicker Strike
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1523169

Feel free to message me here or ingame (ign: threetotheleft) with questions or suggestions.
Last edited by bp0017 on Dec 19, 2015, 11:04:02 PM
Don't you wanna get rid of BM gem? Leech nodes on tree says just "X % of damage leeched as mana" now.
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
Don't you wanna get rid of BM gem? Leech nodes on tree says just "X % of damage leeched as mana" now.

Yea no reason to waste a damage slot on BM anymore. Leech too strong!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I'll have to test this, but I'll have to give up an aura.
EDIT: Mana nodes allow both light. pen and added lightning, which appears to be surperior. Thanks!
Last edited by bp0017 on Dec 12, 2015, 9:42:34 AM
Have you tried with the new bow gems?
"
Bash wrote:
Have you tried with the new bow gems?

I tested Shrapnel shot and blast rain; I feel like point blank would be great with shrapnel shot, but would probably start duelist. Regardless, it was pretty good with just the gem, although annoying to have to be up close. Blast rain looked pretty cool and worked pretty well; its basically a bow firestorm. I'm not a fan or firestorm/icestorm, so I ditched it, but it looked usable.
Last edited by bp0017 on Dec 13, 2015, 11:54:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info