Wither

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 27, 2019, 8:20:52 AM
Shame it stacks only 20 times.
Just to confirm, is the chaos damage debuff global or individual?
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Dec 11, 2015, 11:10:54 PM
Why is it not working with cast on crit?
"
zekerferc wrote:

Is this a fact? How can you even tell? Or did GGG say it somewhere?
IGN : Jovial
Can you make it so wither breaks breakables?

On my ancestral bond character, it would be really nice to have a functional way to break barrels, boxes, etc. Clicking on them individually is too tedious, so often I link an aoe spell that does 0 damage just to smush objects. But links are precious. If I want to have room for wither it would be a lot more playable if wither... withered barrels away.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
yhateful wrote:
"
zekerferc wrote:

''This effect can stack up to 20 times''
"
zekerferc wrote:
"
yhateful wrote:
"
zekerferc wrote:

''This effect can stack up to 20 times''

Derp. Thanks. :D
IGN : Jovial
I've been playing a duo in the new league with a friend.

I'm Contagion > Essence Drain > Wither.
He's Bladefall with Poison.

I've specced for some spell damage in the tree, but as much chaos damage and damage over time as I could get my hands on (of which I have most of it already)

Until Gravicius, he had to use Freezing Pulse, which out-performed me like crazy.
I thought, alright then, maybe I'll get more powerful later. As it is, I help melt bosses.

Not so. A level 1 Bladefall was killing enemies faster than my leveled Contagion/Essence Drain/Wither.

I just... I don't see the point of having this really clunky combo.
Contagion and Essence Drain have such a low cast time, the things tend to be dead before I can even get the combo OFF.
Plus it lacks in defences. Health back that can't be used with Chaos Innoc? Health back? On the side of the tree that has to REALLY TRAVEL to get worthwhile amounts of health? So while you're getting a piss poor amount of your already average health back, you're also having to spam the living daylights out of wither because it has next to no duration?

It just doesn't FEEL good.

I'll be copying and pasting this in to each skill, as it's my feelings on all three.

Edit for this thread: Wither probably feels the worst skill in the three piece combo. It just doesn't DO enough. It might be nice on a supportive character, trying to further amp up the damage of someone with chaos damage though.
Im not really sure how effective this is. Well not noticing much difference tbh.

No way im selfcasting this btw. I stucked it into a spelltotem and only using it for bosses. You simply dont have time to use it otherwise. PoE demands mobility. Hell, I bet it would be a death wish to use it even on later blues or rares, since you need to cast contagion, ess drain and vulnerability
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info