[2.1]CI ORO's Flicker Strike looking for suggestions etc

General Summary, Ghost Reaver, Vaal Pact, CI, Flicker Strike with ORO's and Whispers of Doom

what my previous Flicker Strike build lacked was consistent mana regen, a bit of ignite chance and the necessity of a 6th socket. With the new blasphemy support gem, all of this goes away. permanent warlords mark and flamability frees up the fire pen slot so long as we don't have a 6 link and the mana regen is just a huge quality of life improvement. I used to not run as many auras because I wanted to have a mana pool and mana flasks. The buff to melee splash should help too!

Passives
Spoiler

current skill tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAW8EBwceDkgPqxB7ES8RUBGWFr8YahmKGoEajxslHU8fAiGwIvQkiyepKjgqjSsKLR8ulDI0NPc1uTY9NsU22EV8SRtJUUmxS65Ms1F0VEdVhVgHXGtd8l9qbAttGW1seC985X5Zf8aESIdli3qMNo_6kyeVLpeFl5eboZ7EoqOly6aZpr6nK6yYr7e0OL46wzrDbdDQ18_ZW9sa4vflGed06QLrY-wY7FXviPDV8Wz22vfX-Tf7Cfv1?accountName=kcid3991&characterName=kciDOROGG

goal skill tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VEemvp7EXfIOSCsKEZYRL3_GBx7rY5MnlS42Pb6KbAvviPDVbWxVhaEvytMi9Pk3j_pJUQ-r53Sly7QMbRnXz-wY0NAWvySL2xro1uq6EVDZW0mxLL9fasM6EHsFtQ18NbkbJRXXm7UqOL46jb-nKx1PS66GroTFUUctH-kCVmM-zzfU3vhMs9-KvebtP6R40B8EB0V-wdXv6x8CDlw2xTI0avqLeq-3AW-HZeL3hEj311xrrJibocNt8WwYajbYIbB4L0kbNPd85SqNl4VYB-xVLpQZivsJ9toaj3C7

normal skill
cruel attack speed
merc frenzy

Tree stats
Spoiler

Will update when not lazy, I'm at 31.5k dps with crap gear.

Links
Spoiler

alternative 4L magma orb, gmp, conc eff, spell echo. this worked fine for me getting to level 67 when oro's is available

4L Flicker Strike, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Life Leech (not sure if viable)
5L Weapon Elemental Damage
6L Fire Pen/faster attacks with Multistrike's more multiplier on attack speed and flammability being used, I'm pretty sure faster attacks would be best here

4L flame surge, spell echo, Concentrated Area of Effect, Faster casting/Life Leech
5L faster casting/fire pen/life leech
6L fire pen/life leech
not sure of the importance of life leech on taking down a single target. I would go something like double strike but I've come to the conclusion on my own that there isn't a chance in hell that I'm getting a 6 off color chest piece. so flame surge it is. it also has synergy with the massive ignite chance of oro's flicker.

4L Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, chaos golem

This one will be 3 off color. Might want to go with CWDT, IC, minion life, chaos golem to start

3-4L Blasphemy, Warlord's Mark, Flamability, Discipline

4L Leap slam, faster attack, fortify, increased duration
4 off color. the fortify and increased duration are just kind of a bonus, and not really needed. I'd worry more about having good es than the right colors.

try to fit vaal clarity in somewhere. its 100% required due to curse immune mobs. you will have 0 mana regen against them. This build also cannot do curse immune maps well. need to drop auras and run mana pots.

Gear
Spoiler

current gear, long ways to go. clears dried lake exceptionally well. will do maps soon.
Spoiler

3200 damage on 5 frenzy charges at .14 attack speed for 7.14 attacks per second and 22.8k dps
factor in -38% fire res from blasphemy flamability and I'm up to 31.5k dps with level 14-16 gems

side note, got the ORO for 6 chaos. its at 743 edps. it was the highest dps ORO's for sale at the time. Jewler's orbs have not been cooperative.
I'm also leveling puritys for my support character on the side since none of the gems I'm using gets a significant increase from a +1 or quality

skyforth not worth the unavailability/no ES. just grab Chayula

other than either Eye of Chayula and ORO's there aren't any other uniques required.

can use tabula rasa if you have very good gear in other slots. would not recommend.
list of importance for gearing

-res
-es
-strength
-weapon elemental damage
-very small amount of Dexterity

with only passives you sit at 113 dex. if you are using level 20-21 flicker strike, you need 155-159 dex

there 34 strength from the tree and 155-159 is needed for warlords mark and leap slam, however all you get is endurance charge generation and stun, and a small damage increase on your mobility skill, so you might not mind leaving them at a low level. The next threshold for strength is 114 for multiple gems used in this setup.

auras
Spoiler

Flammability to get the ignite chance required for ORO's to sustain frenzy charges in flicker, plus the massive penetration boost

Warlords mark for the life steal, mana regen, and massive endurance charge generation for Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call

Discipline for ES

any other suggestions are welcome
Last edited by kcid3991 on Dec 17, 2015, 12:49:55 AM
Hi i play oro's since last patch and i always wanted to try CI, your tree can certanly works, but i made a different version, basically is the same concept but got more resist (+20%) 94 STR and 93 dex , more easy to handle, i took +1 jewel and skipped fireborn (so basically +2) to compensate the 66% less damage from your tree, since they can easily roll 50% more damage and ES, PLUS i took RT wich is the best choice if you aren' t crit, so you will be sure to don' t miss your ignite chance on enemies, If you want you can skip RT and take Vaal Pact + another Jewel, your choice. I also took 18% reduced mana reserved from tree for better handle the mana, I hope I have helped you, tell me what you think of that version:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VEemvp7EXfIOSCsKEZYRL3_GBx7rY5MnlS61SL6KbAvviPDVbWyhLyL0-TeP-klRD6vndG0Z18_sGNDQFr_bGhFQ2VtJsXC7LL9fahB7NbkbJRXXvjqnKx1PS66Gri0f6QJWY0yz0B8EB-_rHwI2xTI0i3qvtwFvh2Xi94RI99dca5uhw22PRhhqHRQ5UvrSWAdmnhcvtzFyD2TnjHaUb1nzcYVV1mZUrKp65oCkhXtyqWP97Dj3MkbXgpt82dq57SCxQlfid-Uki8M6KjgZivsJ9toajw==
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 11, 2015, 4:31:11 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
Hi i play oro's since last patch and i always wanted to try CI, your tree can certanly works, but i made a different version, basically is the same concept but got more resist (+20%) 94 STR and 93 dex , more easy to handle, i took +1 jewel and skipped fireborn (so basically +2) to compensate the 60% less damage from your tree, since they can easily roll 50% more damage and ES, PLUS i took RT wich is the best choice if you aren' t crit, so you will be sure to don' t miss your ignite chance on enemies, If you want you can skip RT and take Vaal Pact + another Jewel, your choice. I also took 18% reduced mana reserved from tree for better handle the mana, I hope I have helped you, tell me what you think of that version:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VEemvp7EXfIOSCsKEZYRL3_GBx7rY5MnlS61SL6KbAvviPDVbWyhL8rTIvT5N4_6SVEPq-d0tAxtGdfP7BgWv9sa6roRUNlbSbFwuyy_EHs0Cg18NbkbJRXXvjo3ZqcrHU9LroauLR_pAlZjTLPQHwQH7-sfAjbFMjSLetgkr7cBb6cIh2Xi949GhEgdFJuhXGv60hhqw21mnhcvOVK3MXIPZOdYB4x2lG9Z83GFVdZmVKyqeuaApIV7cqlj_ew49zJG14KbfNnaue0gsUJX4nfl0NBfag==

When going CI you have to use some sort of mitigation for the small hits. some way of getting your ES back instantly. That means Ghost Reaver or zealots oath. since we don't take any life regen that forces us into zealot's oath. the only question after that is whether or not to get vaal pact, which you almost always want to get, especially with how frequently we hit. also, If you are getting those aura nodes, I think you need to get the charisma node with the conquerer's efficency jewel to get anger as an extra aura if you are going that route. also, I made a slight edit to the traveling efficency near whispers of doom

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VEemvp7EXfIOSCsKEZYRL3_GBx7rY5MnlS61SL6KbAvviPDVbWyhLyL0-TeP-klRD6vndG0Z18_sGNDQFr8ki9saEVDZW0mxcLssv19qwzoQezW5GyUV1xmKKji-OqcrHU9Lroau-wktH-kCVmP22kyzGo_QHwQH7-sfAjbFMjSLeq-3AW-HZeL3hEj311xrm6HDbY9GGGodFDlS-tJYB2aeFy-3MXIPZOeMdpRvWfNxhVXWZlSsqnrmgKSFe3KpY_3sOPcyRteCm3zZ2rntILFCV-J35Q==

ahah in the hurry i forgot Ghost Reaver and made some mistakes, but i think the tree can be solid.
The big difference is that with 30% reduced reservation from tree + 8% enlightned, you can even use 125 % aura, 3 curse with currupted Chayula, and still have some free mana, around 200, mabye discipline + flammability + warlord + Ele Weakness
but take the 6l space
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 11, 2015, 4:39:15 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
ahah in the hurry i forgot Ghost Reaver and made some mistakes, but i think the tree can be solid.
The big difference is that with 30% reduced reservation from tree + 8% enlightned, you can even use 125 % aura, 3 curse with currupted Chayula, and still have some free mana, around 200, mabye discipline + flammability + warlord + Ele Weakness
but take the 6l space

considering the aura effect and if you run anger with all of the increased ele and fire damage that it would benefit from, I think that it would gain more dps. also, if I were to take a third curse it would probably be enfeeble for some survivability. The dps should be sufficient. https://poe.mikelat.com/#gmxPHICd/3iOYGcxo also consider melee skills will be costing less mana in general the total mana will be going up as well. last time I did my math, my 6L flicker cost 70 some mana

By the way, you/I forgot the frenzy charge in your version. Kind of a major factor in dps of the build. I've made a second version of mine where I take some accuracy and retain survivability.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VEemvp7EXfIOSCsKEZYRL3_GBx7rY5MnlS42Pb6KbAvviPDVbWxVhaEvytMi9Pk3j_pJUQ-r53TssKXLtAxtGdfP7BjQ0Ba_JIvbGujWjAvquhFQ2VtJsXC7LL9fasM6EHsFtbl8NAoNfDW5GyUV15u1Kji-Oo2_N2anKx1PS66GroTFUUcspi0f6QJWYz7PN9Te-KbrTLO95u0_pHg3g9AfBAfB1e_rHwI2xTI0i3qvtwFvh2Xi94RI99dca6yYm6HDbfFsGGo22HgvSRt85SqNWAfsVQ==

with the added frenzy charge and hit chance, I'm not sure if that would be a damage increase or not. I'm also not sure if I would need the crit accuracy node. I do know that I would still need a few hundred accuracy in gear.

do you think my new build is better/worse than my old one? I think its an improvement.
I think the new version is better, fireborn is a tricky jewel not sure if is worth, if you consider 10 point for 104% fire damage seems good, but you also lose 1 jewel slot, and a good one is +25% damage + ES/Resist, with the remaining 8 point you can get 63% from tree + burning damage + ignite chance + crit..
The accuracy shouldn' t be a problem now along with 30% with Oro's, not 100% sure if +1 frenzy is worth 3 points, if you can corrupt some amulet/boots along with the one from bandits/tree you should get 6 frenzy
Last edited by crazyjake on Dec 11, 2015, 8:08:02 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
I think the new version is better, fireborn is a tricky jewel not sure if is worth, if you consider 10 point for 104% fire damage seems good, but you also lose 1 jewel slot, and a good one is +25% damage + ES/Resist, with the remaining 8 point you can get 63% from tree + burning damage + ignite chance + crit..
The accuracy shouldn' t be a problem now along with 30% with Oro's, not 100% sure if +1 frenzy is worth 3 points, if you can corrupt some amulet/boots along with the one from bandits/tree you should get 6 frenzy

I have 35% ignite chance on my current build and that can sustain frenzy charges barely. with 0 ignite chance in the tree, but with 20% on ORO and 14% on flamability and 10% increased curse effect for flamability I get to what I currently have, 35%. I do think however you need just a tad bit more so either take this tree:

If you are feeling worrisome about ignite chance, you can get some ignite jewels or an ignite ammy in the league. leap slamming into a group once or twice to get a few frenzy charges to start will be enough, though to ramp up the damage more quickly I would recommend either 2 ignite jewels or an ignite ammy.

I don't use 3 points at any point for a frenzy charge, only 2, however I don't think you realize just how much damage it adds to the build. increased attack speed with the more multiplier on multistrike attack speed, and the more multiplier on damage per frenzy charge.
You dont even need to put Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy. Now there are life/mana leech clusters in the tree, that work for ANY attack damage. However, they're located in Duelist area, which makes it bad for CI.

BTW, why CI build?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
You dont even need to put Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy. Now there are life/mana leech clusters in the tree, that work for ANY attack damage. However, they're located in Duelist area, which makes it bad for CI.

BTW, why CI build?

If I want to run the build in the upper right quadrant, it is required for the life leech/mana regen and I don't stop flickering just to use enduring cry, so also need it for the endurance charge generation. I wanted to use CI because there are a lot of damage nodes and frenzy charges available over there and with the severely lacking life nodes, I decided to go CI.
"
kcid3991 wrote:
I don't use 3 points at any point for a frenzy charge, only 2, however I don't think you realize just how much damage it adds to the build. increased attack speed with the more multiplier on multistrike attack speed, and the more multiplier on damage per frenzy charge.

Mmmm...you are righ i forgot the sinergy between frenzy and flicker, but i think i will pick just 1 from tree for lack of points, however my tree got 10% chance of Ignite/freeze/shock along with 20% from oro's and flammability i will easily reach 44%, enought to perma flicker in map

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info