[2.1 Talisman] Cheap Easy Firestorm Tank [New Video]

Maelstrom of Chaos with 5 link

Dried Lake with 3 link

This build is suitable for a fresh start in hardcore and softcore.

I found while testing in standard you can clear through mid tier maps comfortably on a 4 link of spell echo, faster casting, and fire penetration. Controlled Destruction is an ideal 5th link because more damage without reducing the area.

The build is very durable due to many layers of defense;

- Arctic Armour
- 5 Endurance Charges
- 4 second Immortal Call
- Fortify
- Kingsguard healing on Immortal Call
- 30-35 Block
- 5-6k Armour
- 4% Life regen

Skill Tree

Gearing

You want to use a scepter and shield. Scepter for implicit elemental damage and ability to leap slam and use vigilant strike to gain fortify for harder content. For the shield try for something with high armor and block, Ideally with an open suffix so you can add cast speed with Catarina.

A Kingsguard is a decent unique chest. You will get a heal when immortal call goes off and have longer endurance charges. Otherwise a rare armor/es chest.

Helm, Boots, and Gloves look for armor pieces. Ideally you want to break 5k armor.

Recommended Gems

Firestorm -> Fire Penetration -> Spell Echo -> Faster Casting -> Controlled Destruction

Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify -> Vigilant Strike

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 5) -> Immortal Call (lvl 7) -> Molten Shell (lvl 12) -> Increased Duration

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) -> Tempest Shield (lvl 7)

Blasphemy -> Warlord's Mark

Clarity, Arctic Armour, Enduring Cry

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak (Life)
Cruel: Help Alira (Cast Speed)
Merciless: Help Oak (Endurance Charge)

I will update the build as I progress through Talisman.
Last edited by nosrek_scirocco on Dec 14, 2015, 2:08:10 PM
End of Day 2 Made level 73

Current Tree

I purchased the scepter, helm, and Kingsguard, rest is self found. I've invested very little in the character so far (about 8 chaos including jeweler, fuse, chrom). Not needing links was a huge help, so was easy colors. This has allowed me to hoard a substantial amount of currency.

My Aura situation is a bit weird, I've run Flammability on Blasphemy, Arctic Armour, and Clarity the most. Clarity is not needed at all though, I may even drop Deep Thoughts, but for now it allows me to run maps with slower regen.

If the map is curse immune I run Anger and Arctic Armour. I've tried running warlord's blasphemy, but it feels unnecessary so I always end up switching back to a damage setup.

I also have not bothered with my fortify setup yet. I will need a mace with better attack speed for that to be comfortable and in the low tier maps I'm feeling tanky enough as is.
Day 3 Level 77

Current Build

Today I put the currency I've been hoarding to use. I 5 linked my chest and got a Doryani's Catalyst. I also master crafted some of my items.

I only have 3k armor at this point upgrading shield, gloves, and belt will push my closer to 5k. I want to complete as many of these challenges as possible so I'm looking for pieces with rarity. Which means I may have to make some sacrifices to defense.

If your main goal is dominating high level maps I'd recommend over capping your resists so you can run elemental weakness maps and try to get positive chaos resistance.
Doing this build aswell
Current gear:

So far its been melting everything
I've added a leveling skill tree. I may be updating the tree as I continue toward level 90. Jewels are incredibly powerful and I may even pick up some of the 3 point jewels.

If anyone has questions or would like some more detail let me know and I'll do my best to add it in or make a video demonstrating it.

As for changes to my existing setup, I may go back to flame dash and get my fortify from drive by vigilant strikes. I'm leveling a concentrated effect, but so far I've found no need for it.
I'm level 51 right now running pretty close to your build. Survivability and damage are great, even with only a 4-link. One small concern is that firestorm isn't great for killing monsters that run, namely tormented spirits. If I were to add a lone gem to offer an alternative ranged attack, what would you suggest?
So when you have faster casting and echo its easier to pin down things that run away from you. Also area nodes and avoiding concentrated effect help.

If your movement speed is good enough to keep up with the fleeing monsters I'd suggest flame surge, it has great damage and will scale from your area nodes as well.

fire ball could be worth trying as well.
Awesome guide! Chilling at level 68 at the moment facerolling through content.
Level 81

Current Tree

Boots, gloves, 1 ring, and amulet I found. Rest I've now spent 78 chaos on. 60 of that was for the scepter. I crafted one of my jewels and spent 28 chaos total on the other two.

So I'm elemental weakness capped and I have positive chaos resistance. I am able to comfortably alch maps and run them. Which I have found makes up for the rarity I've lost.

I have not mentioned tool tip yet, but I have 1.3k and my cast time is .3 seconds. So I've got some excess cast speed, but my goal is to get to 4 casts per second. Keep in mind cast speed doesn't affect your tool tip at all because it only shows the average damage for a single fire ball that drops.

I now have ~4k armour and 4.9k life. I recorded a video last night showing how I do curse immune slower regen maps. I will try to get it uploaded tonight.

For further upgrades I'm going to master craft my rings and amulet once Elreon is a little higher level. I may look for boots, gloves, and helm with higher armor, but overall I'm comfortable with this setup. I will likely push to 90 with this character and knock out as many achievements as I can.

Last edited by nosrek_scirocco on Dec 16, 2015, 10:22:24 PM
What kind of jewels are you running?
Last edited by CreamJuice on Dec 16, 2015, 3:45:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info