[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

Glad I discovered this. I have to admit I was afraid I did something 'wrong' with my build - SC, so not the same problems - when I saw you say 'huge DPS'. Gosh it was a relief to see 1.8k with frenzies when I can hit 7.5k on my build (clearly not as tanky).

Nice build tho, and clearly nice for HC ! Blade Vortex is lovely.
"
beem812 wrote:
How are you guys going about leveling this build? With a 4 link at level 30 blade vortex is super expensive mana wise.

Just to add, I had the same problem which was solved (before getting EB) by combining Blasphemy+warlord's mark (which didn't quite cut it by itself) with rallying cry. The damage boost is nice, and the manregen means that you can just spam the skill - which is really what you want.

Also Dbum - thanks for the build. My first blade vortex build was too squishy and had to retreat to bladefall. This one, though, is just chewing through stuff, once I got a Cybil's Paw. Easiest run through the Act 4 bosses I've ever had.
Might I ask what kind of Jewels you are using?
How whould you push for more dmg?
im lvl 90 now, with a tooltip dmg of 4068 ( with 3 frency its 4847.29)
i can push it to around the 6k dps mark with a new ring with cast speed and a 6link , but other than that, i dont know how i should get more dmg, i feel i need to get to around 7-7.5k to do t15 maps.. i just startet on t12-t13 and i can do them without to much trouble, but i can feel right now, that t15 will be a little bit of a problem. anyway to push this further in ragards of dmg?

My Gear:
Spoiler

btw, Rumis is a must in this build, boost you defences and dps alot !

Best regards
-Cazjer
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ign Cazjer
Last edited by RagnarLogbook on Jan 21, 2016, 4:17:05 AM
hi, i started following the guide... i still need a 6l that protects me, so i m haveing some def problems, nothing dramatic... i m using the links u put.. cast on hit triggers only a few times and some links are not made to fully cooperate (bonus to all) plus looking at the gems in the equipment u linked there are some changes made here and there... can u let us know if u made any changes or if there are some other good combos to apply? =) thx man for ur work
hi, i started following the guide... i still need a 6l that protects me, so i m haveing some def problems, nothing dramatic... i m using the links u put.. cast on hit triggers only a few times and some links are not made to fully cooperate (bonus to all) plus looking at the gems in the equipment u linked there are some changes made here and there... can u let us know if u made any changes or if there are some other good combos to apply? =) thx man for ur work
"
demagon wrote:

Hi,
if i may ask, why are you using CoC? what build are you following?
If you link your gear i can try and help you out. But this build dosnt use CoC. and you really shouldnt have survival problems, so please link your gear if you like me to take a look at it :)
cheers. Even tho im not the creator of this build (kudos to dbum) i have got a pretty good setup myself and trying to improve this.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ign Cazjer
Hi, for a long time i was trying to make my owns BV build. Krit, non-krit, CI+ev,life+ev,CI+armor. Then i saw ur video... was interested and i have to say.. i optimised it for myself a bit (bit more armor, better pathing 4me) and the build is great. <3 it. ofc not such a big clear speed as crit builds but survivability is tro the roof... great job!

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9a-vNtZsz-C5C2oT1aQEbGQvoAe34qve8ODCUrIRnFuqj8ntAy18ipNX5jK0zWSAO5Zbb6K2L0s6c8ykyehL_4KhrMVIH_G8kW3Pi2DCTPBxTrhg8wZtNE27BiIQqZXPC2-p-Isj_qCHjGexq6DX2VN8NXQ0NsLC2GuPr02SVFfaq9sZ5tHfmjy5FGE2fAfUEcvzKIA7w7BggSzFCBNRsBmXz9i7DwFRUcaPvZIhO-f3-98MtF-4ozP2sHr7nk5dO0uU4UyHNzp1QUt02-PGnrvQKDAvyFgqZV08Qz3KaWsr5UuBx4=

Gear is tipical, mostly like yours
Hey! I'm trying this build out, and really enjoying it, but I have a few changes that I've implemented, that I think will be an improvement to the build. Not sure if it's been suggested earlier in the thread already, but I thought I'd post them here.

In my opinion, there's no need for the Blood magic gem linked to our

With 1700~ ES, I sustain just fine. It doesn't spend too much mana anyway. So I put those 3 gems in my
instead.

This frees up one extra slot that I can use for something else.

Added to this, I change my

I find that the 8 LGOH I get from these, isn't really that much, and those slots could be used in a more effective way.

Now I have a 4L with

With our high block chance, we get a lot of Reckoning proccs. Far more proccs than we would with a CWDT.
With +42 LGOH, the reckoning will give us more LGOH alone than our ball lightning would.
Added to that, we have 2x

With these gems we get another hugh boost to our LGOH. So even if we don't block, we still get a bunch of HP.

Thoughts?

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Feb 5, 2016, 11:23:39 AM
Spoiler
"
Fiver wrote:
Hey! I'm trying this build out, and really enjoying it, but I have a few changes that I've implemented, that I think will be an improvement to the build. Not sure if it's been suggested earlier in the thread already, but I thought I'd post them here.

In my opinion, there's no need for the Blood magic gem linked to our

With 1700~ ES, I sustain just fine. It doesn't spend too much mana anyway. So I put those 3 gems in my
instead.

This frees up one extra slot that I can use for something else.

Added to this, I change my

I find that the 8 LGOH I get from these, isn't really that much, and those slots could be used in a more effective way.

Now I have a 4L with

With our high block chance, we get a lot of Reckoning proccs. Far more proccs than we would with a CWDT.
With +42 LGOH, the reckoning will give us more LGOH alone than our ball lightning would.
Added to that, we have 2x

With these gems we get another hugh boost to our LGOH. So even if we don't block, we still get a bunch of HP.

Thoughts?

"
Now I have a 4L with

i was thinking a similar thing, but i was considering putting fortify on there, cuz in long fights in the end game maps, you have to WB all over there place all the time to keep up the buff, maybe im lasy but it annoys me a little. just havnt tried the setup yet. but i agree that BM is just not necessary
im also looking at the curse on hit setup, right now i have the enfeeble link with tempest shield and i dont feel its optimal, maybe the wrong curse to use.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ign Cazjer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info