2.1 Blade Vortex build help

Hello, I was looking for some input on how to build a Blade Vortex build. I have something rough and its intended for HC.

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMHHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFr8bJRzcIG4i9CSLJpUo-ioLKjgrCjLRNbk8BT1fQZZFR0V-RnFHBklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1VLV8ld8l9qYeJjQ2SdavpsC20Zb55wUnBWdf13B3_GgwmEb4TFhxOJ04w2jxqP-pAbkyeVLpeVl_SaE5u1nKShL6IApyuus7QMtUi4k76KwGbDOsrT0B_Q0ND118_ZW9te29Tfit-w6QLquutj6-7r9e9874jv6_Af8NXyHfLh-TezDp_f

Here's the build I have in mind since I know its spell damage, but I'm not sure about the tanky this build will be. I was also planning on trying out CoC build for this since I've read of other people saying it would most likely be good. But hard to tell since the spell isn't live.

Wouldn't hurt to get peoples opinions on how my skill tree looks or if possibly starting witch would be a smarter move. Thanks in advance.

Hey there, I have a couple ideas about a build for Blade Vortex/Bladefall/Ethereal Knives, whichever you prefer.

This is the tree I'd like to use: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df2Eb9RCtUgmlWHiVUsPqySLwzoqOJu1hMUZivsJ9toaj4MJsZAtqL6A7Bhwu9kTL2-P-vDVSVFcQFS9Fe2Wi9W562M2PZ2qbIxirLTFwuwFtY2_UUcwfI19I_ZNkm8nmmpM_0Mx2sF07QUteu9AoF4T705hUobRJwuDtpOoV1SKs49g4J8FZhEvLlPTb9QjMHHdqEt4OkJfsMpKUUxvnqxHfVsqTQDuLOkVIIazPydKyG6qtfLb50cG0NA1kti9_o9N46ZXMZ7DM1oaPs-95gzypctqkxm0LYPWWF-YWW3PMv4K

It's plenty of life and phys dmg nodes, while also providing 20% less mana reserved, skill duration (for blade vortex, remove those 3 points in case you use any of the 2 other phys spells), life/mana leech, +3 max Frenzy Charges, VP, and Acro/Phase Acro.

My idea is to use Blasphemy with Enfeeble and Warlord's Mark, together with Hatred and Arctic Armour. Also, it's important to use Summon Chaos Golem for the extra damage mitigation.

The main skill would be (in this case) Blade Vortex, linked to Spell Eco -> Ice Bite (to gain FCs, freezing enemies with the cold dmg from Hatred, which will grant more dmg and cast speed) -> Blind -> Added Fire Dmg/Faster Casting/Poison/Increased Duration/Others

Also, you could use 2 CwDT setups:
1) CwDT + Increased Duration + Immortal Call (+ Optional) (you will consume the Endurance Charges gained through Warlord's Mark, making IC last longer)
2) CwDT + Glacial Cascade + Ice Nova/Shock Nova/Arc (+ Optional). This setup eases your job in terms of freezing enemies in order to gain more FCs, while also helping damage output by shocking enemies (if you choose to use Shock Nova or Arc).

Why Blind and Enfeeble? Because Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics provide a mean to dodge attacks, but when hit you should be able to endure dmg spikes. So, Blind provides another way to make enemies miss (together with the reduced accuracy from Enfeeble), while Enfeeble reduces the damage, Crit Chance and Crit Multiplier of the mobs around you (thanks to Blasphemy). Also, Arctic Armour and Summon Chaos Golem provide further damage mitigation, both from physical and from fire sources. This combo, together with Immortal Call, chances to freeze (frozen/chilled mobs deal no damage, so further dps reduction), high life leech %, and a notable life pool, should guarantee survivability in most cases.

As for the gear, you can use pretty much what you want, there's nothing really mandatory. What I would aim for is an Alpha's Howl, since it further reduces mana reserved, boosts your Aura level and provides a good chunk of Evasion. High Evasion will surely help, so you can stack it up. Also, I was considering to use a Doryani's Fist. This will grant more damage per hit on Blade Vortex, while also providing another chance to shock that does not rely on CwDT.

Let me know what you think :)
heres my self casting blade vortex build. The key to the skill is cast speed>duration and AoE. duration is nice because obviously it allow you to keep the spell running while you are moving around and not casting. at level 61 i can sustain at about 35-40 blades while moving around with whirling blades and cap out at 50 blades while standing still. For CoC you really just want to use a fast hitting skill like cyclone because the damage from vortex comes from having multiple cycles moving at one given moment. if you cant proc more than 15-20 casts in a given fight then its not worth it because the damage wont scale well that way. heres my tree.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6t1_SaVJIuEb2HiwzrUQlVLSwoZipu1Kji1SIw2qTT7CV-w62OJ02EG9trKShEvNj1wUrfZGo9vnlFMnaoqC_GzrEdsjF3yS1d9Ww5IwOMqTRGWPycA7n_GBx5fmErILOmTJ5UuWW1uqoazFSBsCy-d74jw1c8ytfLdDSL0FvP5N4_6SVE1kluvbRkmPNfPXED-j9i9FHWX9Aj0SbFUvU3j_goY21JTwFQV7aZXtz508ZeVPV9qQ5aLMZ6IWkGHKaVMs9W5XsD56AQHgseD2x2-VcYzhzpYA-4=

Crit on blade vortex its self is decent but its not a must imo and even if you are stacking crit on it you only need about 30-40% to make it worth it because of how fast the skill hits. Im using the poison support gem with echo, and faster casting and im completely melting bosses and large packs. the force shaper nodes are amazing with this skill and so are the scion duration nodes and shadow starting nodes (you double dip chaos and phys with force shaper and atziri's promise). My 5th link will either be added fire or added chaos.
@LucklamFrost

just a heads up, those skills are spells NOT attacks.

so if you pick up all that leech in duellist, dunno if that's really helpful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info