(2.1) Playing around with CI Chaos build.

Passive Tree so far.
Level 83
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZES0RUJf0IvSD9zW5UlNsCx8CpysdT5eVPV-TJzbFvop_xot6oS_K0xGWwcUBb7QMDkjsGIhC4vfqukZxXfK3MI_6LL8d2YRIDXyDCSsKFAlcQBXXQ1T311xrV8mxkBEvE22Hy4au9HFSr8NtLajrYyaIp5tWY61Ku03bWbVIdZ5n_N1ft9Z2gs8VyAy00Ra_D6tqjCSL9W_DOsgUieAZiqLZ5lj7CbDYkx_22kkTGo8EB-vkXyo=

So far this is what I had come up with messing around last night and atm it's planned out for a level 83 witch but it could be played as Scion or Shadow, depends how far you want to go to their start area. I know there are improvements that can be made and welcome input. One thing I'm wondering about that I'm thinking I may be wrong on is including spell damage.

I had seen sometime earlier that spell damage would apply and last night I found this while looking around and was wondering if it's worth double stacking and having the increased chaos damage as well as grabbing spell damage or if it's better off to grab other stuff like +1 curse and curse duration/effectiveness rather than spell damage. I'll probably grab the curse nodes later anyway but could just get them earlier and then grab more ES if spell damage isn't worth it.
Last edited by Scotteeh on Dec 10, 2015, 9:09:14 PM
To answer your question, yes the chaos spells will benefit from both chaos damage and spell damage, as well as area damage and damage over time.

One suggestion after a quick glance: Drop the Scion spell damage exit and take the spell damage below ES wheel instead, you'll lose 10% spell damage and some cast/movespeed but gain another 18% es, more int, and mana.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZES0RUJf0IvSD9zW5UlNsCx8CpysdT5eVPV-TJzbFBAe-in_Gi3rr5KEvytMRlsHFAW9fKrQMDkjsGIhC4vfqul3ytzCP-iy_HdmESDQKDXwrChQJXEAV10NU99dcazdmV8kRLxNth8uGrvRxUq_DbSym62MmiKebVmOtSrtNkNa1SHWeZ_zdX3aCzxXIDLTRFr8Pq2qMJIv1b8M6yBSJ4BmKotnmWPsJsNiTH_baSRMajw==

The unfortunate thing is that going CI and picking up nodes with chaos res adds a small amount of inefficiency, but if you're ok with that then go for it.
I had a feeling it did yeah but I was just unsure on how effective it would be or if I should be spending the points elsewhere. Pretty much all the other passive trees I've seen people theory craft for the new chaos skills seem to have avoided spell damage in favor of other things and I was wondering if I was missing something by thinking I should pick them up.

I might do that yeah, the tree was only for level 83 at that point so still places to branch off and I was looking at that node, but I was also looking to move over to Templar for more spell damage and Area Damage from Amplify.

I realize it's slighty inefficient but the majority of the time I come back to PoE for a new league I play a life build and felt like going with a CI build since it's been a while since I have played CI (Probably not since Rampage/Beyond).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info