[2.1.0]This is Ax's Firestorm.2.0 No buff 6000 AVG dmg in sarn.

Hello,forgive me for my poor english,I will try my best to show you that firestorm is very impressive and worth u to try it!

Actually,I don't want to write this build,because of my poor english.However,when 2.1 comes,GGG makes the firestorm's damage be 20% higher at 20level,I should say I am surprised.
Really,I think firestorm should be nerfed at 2.1:).

Now,this is Ax's firestorm.
The Sarn Encampment dps,
6L:firestorm-spell echo-increased duration-concentrated effect-increased critical strikes-added cold dmg.You will see this is my true avg dmg.

Now,2.1's tooltips:

Fine,let's talk about the firestorm,something I used that can find in poewiki.

Here's firestorm Functions and Interactions form wiki:
Functions and Interactions
Area of Effect: Increased AoE will increase both the area in which the fireballs randomly fall and also the radius of the individual fireball damage. Full spell damage is done at any point within the AoE of a fireball, however due to the fact that enemies take up an area, and not simply a point less spell damage is dealt to any given enemy as area increases. This is why, contrary to popular belief, increasing the AoE of Firestorm decreases the average number of hits to single target.

Duration: Increasing duration with either supports or passives will increase the total number of fireballs that fall before the spell ends.

The firestorm's 2.0 changes:

Had a very slight damage buff.
Area of effect of explosions increased by 11% (9 to 10).
It now grants 1% area damage per 1% quality instead of reduced delay between fireballs.
The Duration of Firestorm has been increased from 1.3 seconds to 2 seconds at all levels.
Base Cast Speed has been increased from a cast time of 1 second to 900ms.
Critical Strike Chance has been increased from 5% to 6%.
And one thing wiki does not show:Damage effectiveness:20% to 30%.

These are huge buff,right?

So,I find a lot of damage increased point of firestorm:
Duration,cast speed,XX-XX dmg to spells,critical strike,and appropriate radius.

why I choose these support gem?

Spell echo:
This gem will reduced the tooltips dmg,but it is really nessesary because its more ast speed.Notice:cast speed does not change the tooltips dmg!

Increased Duration:
Can find in Functions and Interactions.

Concentrated Effect:
Also can find in Functions and Interactions.

Added cold damage:
In 2.0,added XX-XX dmg to spells is very good mod for firestorm,and cold damage that deals cri strike will freeze monsters,will be safe,plz notice:cri strike can only freeze the normal monsters,lots of magic monsters,but it is hard to freeze bosses and high-life rare monster.

Increased critical strikes:
Oh,this is a unusual gem,why choose it?Why I do not choose cast speed?In my real test result,this gem is very powerful for firestorm,it makes my firestorm cri strikes chance be 52.56% in sarn encampment,61%+ with 3 power charge.As cold damage can freeze,it will make me safe a lot.However,cast speed is good enough.

*2.1 changes very little for firestorm,passives tree and gears choice doesn't change a lot.
passives tree,plz open it in 2.1 planner

109 points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D16-5Ms5rgHNwtH9AfBAdFnbiTjxqVIO_rg9tTUij6wfNVxoLHoqOCHvnoHb5RdH_GD8TbC0GHaHQzhxqBEZY7fLc-2mID7qaZDkgHHrjK_goYVl3ylS7YvSoLKwqexPDVcFIRL6a-j_pJUYnT6_WMNmSdwwlVS_IduZNh4iaVFr-nCI9GHRSOZPemtvr60hZv42okqjbpGmz3weQi1abtPJo7gpvsOIV7ZlQ62CcvkFUaOJ_f73w8BcBmBLOiAPAfaPI=

my gear in warband

The price of these wand are all below 15chaos in warband after 15days,although u should try to find these.You can see added xx-xx dmg to spells and high cri chance to spells are nessesary mods.

You can buy a normal 6L armour,then alc it,chaos it to the mods u wanted.

the shoes can use another rare one or blood dance,rare one can have life and some res,blood dance can have more dmg without gmp-frenzy.
other gears are all cheap without the ruby ring,but that ring is my loot and is not nessesary,you will see my huge cold res below:)
so these gear should choose these mods:life regenaration(very very good for ZO),the res u like,life,some es,some str and dex.

Don't laugh at my flasks:)

my offence at hideout

my defence at hideout

850k dps?damage calculator from wiki

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_jqIx4zJa5Y1doWnJGQVEwczA/view?usp=sharing

it's a small size monster's dps show,if it is bigger,the highest sustained dps will be up to 1500k lol.

uh,plz notice,the low-life firestorm build maybe 15k avg dmg+,u can try it!However,lost the life flasks uses,the build may be a little dangerous.High number of hits and life leech will help u a lot.

Thanks a lot for reading,and forgive me for my poor english again.
Forgive me if I could not reply you faster.

Let's enjoy POE in 2.1.Good Luck!
Last edited by emlial on Dec 13, 2015, 7:32:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info