[2.1] Templar Magma Orber build theorycrafting

Magma Orb will receive significant improvements at the upcoming Talisman league, so I decided that I'll try to make a good, solid durable Templar Magma Orber for the HC.

Changes:
1. Spell damage buffed for 20%
2. Additional chains at lvl 10 and lvl 21, totaling for four Magma Orb "jumps" - 100% increase from pre 2.1
3. Spell damage effectiveness increased from 80% to 125% - meaning that support gems with Added chaos/cold/lighting damage should work insanely good when linked to Magma Orb - this will be huge for leveling
4. AoE reduced - makes shorter "jumps" which should result in more condensed magma orb "bombing" - maybe easier double-hits of a more packed mobs
5. AoE damage in 2.1 has been increased in general

Passive tree I came up with:

Some highlight stats from the tree:
- Life (+306.5 maximum life, + 188% increased maximum life) - should result in 5-6k total HP
- Armour (+156% increased armour) - should result 8k+ armour with all gear in Armour bases
- single jewel spot
- 3.6% maximum life regen per second
- +1 curses from the tree
- 5% fire penetration
- moderate crit chance and multiplier boost - should sit somewhere at ~20% crit chance with Magma Orbs.

Gear:
Armour bases.
Double Spell/Fire/cast/crit weapon or 1h + shield (ie. Rathpith Globe)
The rest of the gear to cover resists and to pump as much armour + life + IIR as possible.
Windscream boots or Doedre's Damning for the 3rd curse.

Skills:

Magma Orb -> LMP/GMP -> Echo -> Iron Will -> Concentrated Effect -> Fire Penetration
Blasphempy + 2-3 curses.
One or two defensive auras - arctic armour, determination, vitality, etc.

That is is in short. Plase be kind to review and comment. Thanks!
Last edited by npavcec on Dec 10, 2015, 5:28:04 PM
nice ive been looking into going magma orb myself
I dont see any any key!
Have you considered taking some of the AoE nodes? They'll provide a total of 60% increased area damage as well in 2.1.
I am thinking about a dual totem magma orb for something different.
IGN Shihtzutank
Why do you take melee critical strike chance nodes?
1. Decide whether crit or not
I would suggest going noncrit and pick Controlled Destruction as support gem. Awesome Dmgbuff for the spell. Drop the crit nodes and invest in AOE.

2. AOE
You need AOE for better clearspeed. AOE increases the splashzone of the spell and the travel distance.
Grab as much AOE nodes as you can und swap Concentrated Effect for Inc Aoe gem. You can swap the gem before a bossfight for more dmg.

3. Curses/Auras
With 2 "curse auras" you have only 30% mana left. Mana is going to be an issue. A sixlinked Magma Orb costs around 100 mana per cast depends on support gems.
You will need mana nodes or reduce mana costs of skills nodes. Also you can use the blood magic gem and run a addtional 25% aura..like an herald or AA.

4. Jewel Slots
Grab as many as you can..because jewels are superior.

5. LMP/GMP
Just dont..it only reduces your DMG..grab AOE nodes instead.

Hello everyone, just want to ask how's this build is doing so far? anny reccomended gear, gems? any help will be appreciated
maybe you could try this imo this is way more powerful https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMFQgYOCaoJ9hBYES0UIBRxGGoaOBzcHRQfxycvJ-0qjSt4LJwy0TWSNtg5UjpYOtg64TwtPfxBlkVHRZ1G10kbTeNPBFBHU1JVqVXGVylYB1hjWfNfP2ZUZ5to8moBcYVyD3Kpdqx8g4IHgpuDX4PMg9uHZYuMjM-OZI8aj0aQVZRvl7SaO5rgm6GiAKZXpwismKyqrY2uPq6zsUK2-rc-wGbAmsT2xq7PftD11HzVpti92XzZ_OFz5FHqGOvu7DjsVe087w7wH_Fs8kXzEfZI9zL3pvfX-Ov53f4K_o8=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info