2.1 How much % life is recommended for new leagues

HC vs SC for ranger bow builds. if the goal is to reach high levels and survive end game map content.

if you aim for 200% life would this be an overkill in an SC league?

How much % life do you get at different stages while leveling.

Can you just keep pathing life nodes to reach 200% % life this would make you have it at mid 80's with virtually no nodes in dps.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Dec 10, 2015, 2:27:28 AM
Between 160 and 175 is usually enough (not counting jewels). To get more, you'll need to travel to Written in blood, scion wheel of life or marauder area. WiB is not that expensive to get but the two other options are.
It can still be ok if you have good gear, see MortalKombat3 duelist archer for an example.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Dec 10, 2015, 2:57:23 AM
I would never go below 160%. Not ever. I'm aiming for 180%-ish nowadays.
"Hodor", said Hodor
That also depends how much life you have on gear.
I currently have 5.1k with 169%, at lvl 95.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
"
Between 160 and 175 is usually enough (not counting jewels). To get more, you'll need to travel to Written in blood, scion wheel of life or marauder area. WiB is not that expensive to get but the two other options are.
It can still be ok if you have good gear, see MortalKombat3 duelist archer for an example.

You should count jewels, because it doesnt really matter how you get those % anyway... Also, it'd nice to count flat HP, cause extra +120 flat life can make it up for missing 20% increased.

I'd recommend to have 200%+ life (including jewels, etc), but it also depends upon your build, playstyle, gear, etc.

I followed "200%+" rule for my archer and never regretted it. I was very proud with it. Some blamed me for "overkill" and "slow clear speed", but i died so infrequently that it was worth it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 10, 2015, 1:34:45 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

You should count jewels, because it doesnt really matter how you get those % anyway... Also, it'd nice to count flat HP, cause extra +120 flat life can make it up for missing 20% increased.

I'd recommend to have 200%+ life (including jewels, etc), but it also depends upon your build, playstyle, gear, etc.

I followed "200%+" rule for my archer and never regretted it. I was very proud with it. Some blamed me for "overkill" and "slow clear speed", but i died so infrequently that it was worth it.

The thing that kills motivation at higher levels is dying to dumb shit and losing hours and hours of work.

The thing about clear speed is ive noticed on a purely dps spec i seem to be going at a much higher exp per hour solo than in a party.
But the problem is this is for mid tier maps.. as the map levels get higher the shit you die to becomes a lot more.

If party play is the way to go at high level mapping then i figure survival is king. every one does enough dps to clear the map but its usually the high dps squishy types that die first.
Seriously why Try to pull the whole party with insane dps and keep dying and losing all that work/progress?

200% life on ranger you would be doing comparable dps to an average built at that level right?.
Also its only the top 1% in new leagues that really max out dps with high end items..
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
200% life on ranger you would be doing comparable dps to an average built at that level right?.
Obviously no. The ranger/shadow/duelist tree has 165% easy life, 185 if you go to Written in blood. Getting more require a lot of traveling, so you'll have to cut down some damage clusters to get there.

edit: I forgot the 3 life/eva nodes at duelist start. Using these nodes and WiB seems a bit more efficient than going for scion wheel of life. Example of 2.1 tree with 197% life.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Dec 10, 2015, 2:25:26 PM
"
Zinja wrote:

Also its only the top 1% in new leagues that really max out dps with high end items..

I played solo only, due to slow PC. On top of that HP, i also had 14.2% life regen (with blood dance, which got nerfed now). It also helped a lot. With that regen, i even ran physical reflect maps with LA+PtL (no life leech) instead of rerolling.

Of course i had to sacrifice some DPS nodes/clusters, but i find my DPS loss not so significant comparing to tankiness i achieve. You see, in PoE, 1:1 tradeoff "DPS for EHP" (e.g. you get 1.2 times less DPS but 1.2 times more EHP) is considered very good, and i've done something around that. And i oneshotted packs with crits anyway...

The main difference between my archer and others was gear - i didnt used any "no HP pure DPS" uniques (Rat's Nest. Maligaro, etc), i tried to get as high life roll on every gear piece as possible. Not to mention i used Daresso's Defiance for physical protection. And, of course, Blood Dance for regen.

I used Tornado Shot for main attack skill - it's the best all-around bow skill (you dont need 1-target attack) and it's amazing to clear packs if you dont raise your DPS over the roof.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 10, 2015, 2:55:30 PM
"
"
Zinja wrote:
Obviously no. The ranger/shadow/duelist tree has 165% easy life, 185 if you go to Written in blood. Getting more require a lot of traveling, so you'll have to cut down some damage clusters to get there.

edit: I forgot the 3 life/eva nodes at duelist start. Using these nodes and WiB seems a bit more efficient than going for scion wheel of life. Example of 2.1 tree with 197% life.

Dude, that is definitely efficient than going for scion wheel of life. Looks Pretty Solid
I think i just got my new tree.
185 -- seems like a likely choice but would depend on the late game i guess to spec out more life if needed. would probably go for the whole leech wheel and get a flat 2% life and mana leech from attack damage.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Dec 10, 2015, 3:23:41 PM
"
Zinja wrote:

Dude, that is definitely efficient than going for scion wheel of life.

It isnt, actually. Yes, it's still a solid build, but my build is better.

Here is some tree analysis i made:
1. Without scion wheel (credits to Panini_aux_olives) 112 points tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rqjivzFI_YNjU2SjX1br4d2MHxOKmeg459_K1FHTP9KfTnUPs831I2_lQXnVEMxdve95u0_BbXUI9nGCIkk_drBjX7DMzH66NYwcTKUmvH_3nTtLlPNmFoaoJ-bJud03ah_Al1oBS3Tb-piMgFtbEt4puDKqXrvdcuyGTY9tUg6Qr6nz3qdqlWF1EKwq2VNYetsjKXLhG_Egr02elNirHX9ivBHfha_6UaE2SaVYeJVS4w2idNwUioLXfIOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVEhdobOwTM=

2. My build (adapted for 2.1) 112 points tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rqjivzFI_YNjU2SjX1br4d2MHxOKiF2459_K1FHTP-Gzkp9OdQ-zzfUjb-VBedUQzHBM3b3vebtPwW11CPZxgiJJP3awY1-wzMx-sLsMHEylJrx_9507S5TzZhaGqCftMXdqH8CXWgFLdNv6mJirEt4puDKqXrvdctsjDpCvqedqmVNNj29NlWF62NHfqXLtUgRL4TZ1EIB3IRvd-N1_aluFr_AGnloJpV4DW87wQRh4rXyXz9VSzWSFCCMNv6P2L3vDonTcFIqC13yTeM=

My tree has +1 jewel socket, so let's assume you put there a good jewel with +7% max life, +12% damage and +3% attack speed (to simplify comparison).

Compared to 1., tree 2. (significant stats only):
Grants +80 maximum life, +2% life regeneration, +8% all resistances and +20% increased stun threshold.
Loses -45% increased evasion rating.

For me, build 2. is clearly better - increased evasion rating isnt your top priority anyway (otherwise you didnt skip clusters like Survivalist & Cloth and Chain).

Furthermore, as you gain levels above 91, build 2. provides sweet life nodes at every next levelup, while with build 1. you have to pick something else. And with build 2., you can actually unlearn +20% increased crit chance and Coldheart Calculation for extra +10% increased maximum life (good tradeoff actually).

"

Sorry to dissapoint you, but to beat my "tanky archer" tree, you should make a better try :). Yours was good, but Scion's and MAradeur's life nodes are still too powerful to beat them with another pathing, even in 2.1. I made comparison above.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 11, 2015, 5:59:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info