[3.3] Gilded Cage's Comprehensive Guide to Maps

Loving the comprehensive post. Learned quite a bit and interesting to see someone else's perspective on all of the maps.

Some small corrections, saw some mod descriptions were switched around in the spreadsheet accidentally.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BQVhe_4f2ujyzhQ9uKbAkU_j1bOUKCDxpjwdVx8MfV4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

"Map affixes" Bottom mods.
"Of enfeeblements - Players are cursed with temporal chains" etc.
"Of Vulnerability - Players are cursed with enfeeble".

I was running Spider forest a lot but was unable to keep permanent elder influence so reading your post made me realize my mistakes as well.
Last edited by Lazybeer on Jan 17, 2018, 6:55:06 PM
Why Toxic Sewer on T5, any special reason? I was shape Channel :/
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
"
nice guide!

I have a couple questions:

1) In an Early video from GGG is saw a shaper guardian get eaten by the elder. I think it was the Hydra. Is it possible for the shaper guardians to be influenced at this time? or was that just an early video, and this got changed later?

2) Is the vaal temple the highest tier map that can be influenced by the Elder?

3) When I try move the elder influence over my atlas before the elder has spawned, I got a feeling the influenced area gets "rubber banded" back to roughly the same position it started.
This could indicate the elder and his guardian spawn points are somehow assigned before it actually happened, and is not totally random. I have to collapse the entire elder influence before I can relocate it else where. Anybody else with the same experience? correct me if I'm wrong.

Thx in advance for your replies!

1) Not to my knowledge but hopefully in a future expansion.
2) I'm not sure, I'd need to do some research. Vaal Temple is not a unique map so it might be able to get Elder influence - else it behaves like the other T16 maps and can't get it at all.
3) The Elder/Shaper influence is still really new so given more time I might have better answers. Your theory is interesting though and I'll keep it in mind going into the future.

"
yalme wrote:
Why Toxic Sewer on T5, any special reason? I was shape Channel :/

Toxic Sewer is much different in 3.1. It is no longer a trash tier map with lots of backtracking. It is linear with great monster density. Channel I find is too spaced out and needs a little backtracking.

"
Loving the comprehensive post. Learned quite a bit and interesting to see someone else's perspective on all of the maps.

Some small corrections, saw some mod descriptions were switched around in the spreadsheet accidentally.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BQVhe_4f2ujyzhQ9uKbAkU_j1bOUKCDxpjwdVx8MfV4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

"Map affixes" Bottom mods.
"Of enfeeblements - Players are cursed with temporal chains" etc.
"Of Vulnerability - Players are cursed with enfeeble".

I was running Spider forest a lot but was unable to keep permanent elder influence so reading your post made me realize my mistakes as well.

Fixed thanks.
Ok, I think my question will best fit here.

Why "The Putrid Cloister" and "The Twilight Temple" maps cost 1+ Ex>?
Cloister (I suppose it, at least) is because of Divination Cards, but why Temple?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:
but why Temple?

It's just ultra rare i guess.
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
Last edited by yalme on Jan 18, 2018, 12:26:52 PM
Great guide.

For SSF, I have a couple of strategy suggestions. Forgive me if they've already been mentioned.

1. Divination cards: I take these into account when shaping maps. For example, I shape Dungeon instead of Beach because it has much better cards. I can reshape later. Also, I needed the card "Death" for my build, so I shaped Marshes.

2. Regal Orbs. I get a lot by using the recipe. I always use these on Zana maps to get an extra affix. I also sometimes use them on tier:6+ maps. This way, I can control 2 of the affixes and still complete new maps relatively easily. For tier 11+, you can get easy corrupted rares.
This is a really nice guide, thank you for working on it.

I am working on a different Excel workbook for a checklist of whats complete for the league and need map boss names, with all the changes in 3.1 the Wiki is no longer a useful source for this as it is wrong on a lot of them, and I am wondering if you have verified all of the boss names for each map. I only ask because some map bosses changed and of course they added a bunch more.

Thanks, have a great day!!

Simpl
"
GildedCage wrote:
"

2) Is the vaal temple the highest tier map that can be influenced by the Elder?

2) I'm not sure, I'd need to do some research. Vaal Temple is not a unique map so it might be able to get Elder influence - else it behaves like the other T16 maps and can't get it at all.

I searched poe trade for Stygian Belts influenced by Elder.
There are no belts of ilev 85 that are influenced by Elder.
That's the only proof I found there have been no elder influenced T16 maps.
(jewelry boxes with +level cannot drop abyssal belts)

Did some more research and made this video (20min!) guide for ilev 86 elder & shaper item farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhTPayzasTE
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jan 20, 2018, 4:40:42 AM
Why some maps on the spreadsheet have a yellow background? Couldn't find this info.
So this is super weird. I've started SSF now as the main league got a bit stale for me. I am running maps for about 10h now and am lvl 86. I've run shaper maps on each tier up to t8 and did not yet get elder influence. Any clues/information about what could be wrong?

The whole thing worked fine in non-SSF so this is really puzzling.
Last edited by FaustVIII on Jan 25, 2018, 2:32:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info