[2.1] Chaos Witch (Contagion/Essence Drain, Evasion/ES based) In Progress

Hey there! For the new Talisman League I decided to try the new chaos spells and these are my current ideas. If you think that I can improve something please tell me!

Passive Tree

Level 94 Build

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswW1Bx4OSBB7ES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoc3B8CIuoj9iaIJpUrCiycLR8wcTB8MgEy0TY9N9Q6QjpYPAU9X0SrRUdFnUkTSVFLeEyzTZJRR1JTUq9TUlVLVa5VxlgHXEBd8mHiYqxn_GjybIxtbHWedoJ4L3yDfOV_xoIQgh6D24P3hMWHy4ngjX2Nv48aj6aP-pMflSCVLpeVmuCbJpuhm7WdqqIAoqOnm6yYrUqyGbTRtUi3ML46wGbB88M6yAzPFc960B_UI9sL2xrdqN-w5ljndOjW62Pr7u0_73zv6_Af8NX31w==

Key Notables:

-EB
-Acro/Phase Acro

Important Stats:

-4 Jewel Sockets (for additional life and damage)
-1 Additional Curse
-151% Life
-3.2% Life Regen
-100% Spell Damage
-20% AoE Radius/50% AoE Damage
-134% DoT Damage
-160% Chaos Damage
-21% All Res
-75% increased ES
-104% increased Evasion

Because many of our damage nodes are in the shadow/ranger area anyways, the idea of combining Evasion and ES came to my mind. I know that Acro will half our ES pool but I always wanted to try that combo. The main purpose of ES will be to replace our mana (that is reserved completely) anyway. Hope it is sustainable that way. The additional drain of MoM might be too much but I will test it.
Could not find any other reasonable source of defense that could mitigate physical damage effectively. Any ideas?

Gearing

Weapon: Rare Wand/Dagger or maybe Apep's Rage (mana cost may be an issue)

Shield: Rathpith Globe (% Life, Spell Damage, good amount of ES)

Body Armour: Carcass Jack (Eva+ES, AoE Damage/Radius and Life -> suits perfectly)

Gloves/Helmet: Eva/ES, Life/Resists

Boots: Atziri's Step (Good Eva/Dodge Boost + Life and 30% movement speed)

Jewelery: Life/Resists, Spell Damage, Eva/ES
-> Doedre's Damning for a third curse might be an option but unsure if it is worth it.

Jewels: %Life, Spell/Area Damage

Skills and Links

Of course we have to wait and test wether the new chaos spells are viable or not. So I don't know which of the two main spells (Contagion/ED) I will put in the 5/6-Link yet.

-For AoE: Contagion-Rapid Decay-Void Manipulation-Inc.Duration(-Controlled Destruction-Inc.AoE)

-Single Target: Essence Drain-Rapid Decay-Controlled Destruction-Void Manipulation(-Slower Projectiles-Faster Casting-Added Chaos)

If ED is not viable as ST: ED-GMP-Pierce-Rapid Decay-Controlled Destruction-Void Manipulation
might be an option.

-Movement: Lightning Warp-Red.Duration-Faster Casting
you can also try WB-faster attacks-fortify (dagger needed!)

-Curses: Enfeeble-Temporal Chains(-Vulnerability)

-Auras: Blasphemy-Grace-Vaal Grace

-Other Buffs/Debuffs: Wither-Flame Golem-Arctic Armour-Abyssal/Rallying/Enduring Cry
Last edited by razh0n on Dec 9, 2015, 4:21:58 AM
Not bad build so I will just advice few on few things (although, better post tree for a bit lower levels as you won't be running it in temporary league with level 100)):

- If you will have any problems with ES try either GR with life leech gem to your main skill or you can get ZO and blood dance boots combo. I am not sure if ZO will be very good with dodge keystone.... with leeching even if you have only 500 of it it will still give you 100 ES per second (20%) which should be enough for this skill (if not, -cost jewelry will make it happen)...... but with MoM you should also aim to have at least 1500 points, otherwise heavier attacks will make you stop attacking. Maybe taking few ES nodes to balance out dodge would be good idea.. but I would just drop MoM idea here. You need evasion and life from your gear, if you go also for ES other values will suffer.

- If you are concerned with Defence you can replace wand with some dagger with spell modes - this will allow you to use fortify for defence:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fortify_%28support_gem%29

Also you can consider using this two uniques:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daresso's_Defiance
With high evasion and dodge build it is nice endurance charges generator and even if you don't take any from the tree, bandits and corrupted belt can give you two more which will equals 20% mitigation. You also get small bonus to dodge.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Darkray_Vectors
If you find a good way to quickly generate frenzy charges, this can easily enhance dodge.

Also Vaal Grace is a nice "panic button" with dodging builds.

Good luck with theorycrafting xD

Cheers,
Abe
Hey Abe, thanks for your contribution!
I won't reach lvl 100 but I think 90-93 is quite realistic in an event like the talisman league.
I do not think that leeching will work with the DoT damage dealt by our spells.
But you are right about MoM. It is only viable if hard hits won't stop our attacks and thus I will probably remove it from the build. Then we will see if our ES from gear will be enough.(ED is the only skill we are going to spam actually, the others should not be an issue I assume)
To gain fortify you have to directly attack an enemy by like jumping in the pack, right? If this is the playstyle you prefer, go ahead! I like to stay ranged and keep enemies away from me ;)
Last edited by razh0n on Dec 8, 2015, 8:02:16 PM
@razh0n

Not a problem. I really love theorycrafting in this game xD I do it more than actual play to be honest xD

And yea, DoT won't be leeching life but ED projectiles dmg will. So if you get GR keystone, your projectiles will recover ES while your debuff DoT recovers life. Pretty neat trick for any hybrid character.

Fortify only works when you hit mob, true. But ED seems to me to be designed to kill enemies more slowly and not one shot them... which in turn allows them to have time for running to you. We will see after release but being always at distance might not work for it.

Also, after some thinking about it, even through going for full mana reservation and using ES for spells is really nice idea, and I like it, if you don't have any way of recovering ES apart from waiting for recharge you better just go with some reduced reservation from the tree. Getting EB costed you two passive points, going for 4% reduced reservation from influence would also cost you two points, you also have great access to charisma cluseter near Vaal Pact giving 12 % less resevation. Since you should get nice boost to mana from intelligence I don't know if it won't give you more than few ES from gear and even without trying you have some mana regeneration by default.

To sum up - either go for full ES-life gear with MoM and EB in the, and get evassion only from grace or go full Evasion-life, scrap EB and get reduced reservation from tree to use mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info