[2.0] Explosive Arrow with recharge based EB/MoM and evasion, dual curse and EE

This EA build can comfortably take dual curse and EE to support its fire damage. EB/MoM allows me to not use Life Leech in my main links and focus more on damage, while also using auras. Also has access to a lot of AoE without wasting points too much.

The cons are: mediocre life pool, no armor, no leech, sometimes needs to stop to regen ES, no Resolute Technique.

Key uniques:

PassiveTree
Tree (level 94)
From here I would probably go toward the jewel socket on the Shadow side.

Bandits: O,K,K

I aided Kraityn in Cruel for some extra attack speed, not 100% necessary. Frenzy charges are useful in boss fights and can be kept up most of the time anyway if you learn how to mix in a few Frenzy shots into the rotation.

Jewels:

I decided to get some evasion% on my jewels as I don't get enough from my tree. It's a cheap stat on jewels that almost nobody wants.

Gear+Links

This link setup is amazing for pack clearing. The AoE is huge, and EA explosions do overlap. The occasinal ignite helps dealing with high hp targets. 6th socket is reserved for Empower.

I prefer Quill Rain over +3 bows for mobility and fluidity of gameplay. Quill Rain allows me to easily weave my many supportive skills into the rotation.

This item allows me to recharge my "mana" while moving from pack to pack, and sometime even while fighting, as recharge starts 0.8 second after using a skill/taking damage. The dex on it is also very helpful. Can be corrupted for +1 arrow if you're lucky

Ice Shot with the AoE bonuses curses entire screens. Enfeeble can be swapped in instead of Elemental Weakness, if required. Frenzy for generating charges, which this build has 5 of. These skills can be easily applied while waiting for EA detonations to go off.

Vertex with a level 3 Enlighten allows me to use these 3 reservations without aura nodes and also has excellent defence stats for me. Grace is the biggest source of my evasion. You can take some of the Templar aura nodes until you have this item with a level 3 Enlighten.

Mobility and my CwDT setup: max level Immortal Call and Molten Shell. My gems turned into Vaal versions unfortunately so I need to relevel them.

Vaal Clarity is required for uninterrupted use of EA, especially on maps with reduced regen. The souls very often refill before the skill expires, and it's very useful in extended boss fights, removing the need to "hide" away to regain ES. This allows me to constantly regenerate ES even while in combat providing mitigation, and use EB as a true "battery": cast from it while collecting souls, then recharge while Vaal Clarity is running.

Enduring Cry and Chaos Golem for physical mitigation, which is scarce in the build.

I specifically looked for an amulet with %evasion and accuracy, these stats are not very sought after, especially without crit. Crafted cold damage on my ring, for EE. You can easily get better jewellry than this, preferably with fire damage%, attack speed, evasion%, es%.

Flasks

Bleed removal is very important with the relatively low "true" life pool of the build. MoM doesn't work against Corrupting Blood.

Stats
The game doesn't properly calculate EA's damage, the build has significant amounts of fire/elemental/area/projectile damage though.

Life: ~5000
ES: ~3400
I recommend having 1k ES over what is required for MoM mitigation, Quill Rain EA eats a lot of mana very quickly.

Evasion: ~10.5k

Resists (without Endurance Charges):

Fire: 75(158)
Cold: 75(109)
Lightning: 76(107)
Chaos: 40

It's important to be Ele Weak capped to minimize the risk of reflect deaths. I'm also Ele Weak+Flammability capped atm.

Single target solutions

Single target damage can be a problem for EA builds, especially on maps with unfriendly mods (fire resistance+curse immune).

- Luring bosses next to monsters or walls allows you to "shotgun" your GMP arrow explosions, a commonly used tactic.

- Secondary EA setup on weapon swap: EA with Chance to Ignite + Conc Effect instead of GMP + Inc AoE will do massive ignite damage. You can even use a +3 bow

Any criticism, questions or helpful comments are welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info