[2.0] TheFrostmourne's Icestorm Witch

Hello, and welcome to my Icestorm Witch guide!

So, what is this build about? It is about a unique staff, The Whispering Ice. Basically, it gives you a skill called Icestorm (the one that Merveil uses) which is otherwise unobtainable. The gear you need for the build is kinda expensive, but it's totally worth it.

Spoiler

+ Insane damage
+ Insane stats
+ Incredibly fun to play
+ Free 7L
+ Can kite really good
+ Can do almost all map mods
+ Immune to chaos damage

- Uses a lot of mana
- Not resist capped
- Reflect is pain in the a** if you don't take care
- Not so cheap
- Real DPS is way higher than tooltip DPS, so you can't brag around with it

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfBEPES0RUBXXFvMXLxdUGyUc3B0UHaofAh_HIoEi9CSwJjwo-it4LJwspiy_LYsvby-dNbk3gzsNPV9GcUmxS65MLUyzUilSU1XWVeBWSlZjV8lYWlxrXypfamTnZlRmnmwLbRlwu3IPdFV8g3_GgKSD94RIhq6Mdo48jxqPRo_6kNaTJ5Rvl5WX9J2unqGhL6brpwinK6yYtAy3MbiTvorBxcNtytPQH9DQ18_ZE9lb34rhiOkC6-Tr7uwY74jv6_fX-Tf60v5J?accountName=TheFrostmourne&characterName=WhispersOfTheIce

Spoiler

Spoiler

Intelligence = mana and energy shield. You see, do to The Whispering Ice giving a lot of intelligence, your energy shield will be really high, and so will your mana. Also, since your damage as well scales with intelligence you'll want 2x legacy Perandus Signet and everything the rest of your gear to be uniques. Keep in mind though, even though you will have a big mana pool with this build, you will still need the mana regeneration jewels if you use Arctic Armour, Purity of Elements, Discipline and Herald of Ice. Now, it's completly up to you which jewels are you going to use. I'm using Healthy Mind, Survival Secrets, Conqueror's Efficiency and Assassin's Haste at the moment, but I plan using Energy From Withing as well when I get one more jewel socket on my skill tree. All in all, the fact that it only needs to be 6S to make it a 7L is insanely good. I don't have mine 6S, but I'm planning to do so in the near future. I will add Life Leech when I manage to 6S it. You have to be extremely careful with mobs that reflect elemental damage because if you are dumb like me and don't pay attention, you'll end up dying A LOT. Icestorm stacks which means you can do insane damage in a second which could easily one shot you. Other than that, it's pretty sick. You can complete all the acts with ease. For leveling, you can use whatever you want to, I personally used Freezing Pulse. I didn't put up many informations about skill gems since you can pretty much use whatever you want to. Only thing you can't change is the gems in your staff, which are Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Concentrated Effect and Life Leech. You can modify everything else the way it fits you. In my opinion, the skill tree is pretty flexible for this build. It's possible to play an Icestorm build in many ways, but I believe this is a pretty good way to make it a sick build. The playstyle would be pretty much the same no matter how you decide to go on your passive skill tree or with your gear - kite the things that are hard to kill, and when fighting bosses, just stack it up as much as you can and watch their health go down in a few seconds. Easy peasy lemon squeezy ^-^

I will update the guide with more useful stuff once I have enough time to do so. Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info