Talisman -- Why not a new item slot?

These items and their soon to be meta effects will supplant Amulets.

Why not introduce this item as a new item slot instead?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They once said that they originally had a pants slot but decided to remove to make gear choices more impactful.

I doubt they would go back on that now.
It will not replace amulets (it's extremely unlikely to get talismans that outclass the most powerful amulets in the game).

Introducing a new item slot would add powercreep.

That's it.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
They drop corrupted and you will only get one per area on average.
Most of them are going to be blue and have trash mods.
Good ones will be hard to come by.
Most of us will still be wearing amulets.
Not worthy of its own item slot the way they've been implemented.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I think you're confused, the power creep is coming in 2.2 not 2.1.
Noblesse oblige
Even if GGG considered it, I doubt it would be announced. Talisman will come only to temp leagues and temp leagues are used, among other things, to test new features. We don't even know if they drop in Standard after the end of leagues, although I assume they will as Rig(v/w?)ald access will not be likely removed/changed.

Also, as drop of good (or just not bad) amulets will probably be low on the beginning of the game, you wouldn't use this slot soon. It would be a bit strange and could confuse new players. And these mods seem to be too powerful sometimes to deserve an additional slot. Each expansion makes the game harder but I doubt 2 balanced slots would be available soon.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
They'd have to rebalance stuff around the extra item slot. Granted, such a thing would be much easier with a new jewelry slot since it wouldn't have any linked sockets available, but it's still more effort than would be useful for the game.

Plus, the option of crafting for the slot still needs to exist.
I support this in conjunction with the 2-headed ogremage mtx, cause if you don't have two necks the magics inherent in the necklaces would explode upon contact with each other...and that's not a good thing to have happen on your neck.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
5 Base types.

1 per area (average)

How many times do you zone throughout the game and find the mob?

How many maps do you do on average?

The numbers i run myself make it seem like these Talismans are going to completely outclass high end amulets. It doesn't help when Chris confirms this in the new statement. So its pretty true that the talismans are supplanting amulets.

Is this bad? I dunno. It depends on how i view my amulet when i hit end game. If i look at it and think damn, this could be a much better Talisman, i will probably be sad.
I'm looking at talismans as a chance to gain interesting mods without using uniques. uniques generally mean you have to sacrifice a slot that you have to make up for in resists etc, this is the same

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info