your online interviews

just finished listening to this interview of chris. ggg more and more relies on giving out ingame information in interviews. that's ok for casual stuff or some background info like when jonathan is philosophizing with the frontseatgamer guys.

but things change if there is substantial game info given with interviews. like in the interview above about the coming content.

i had no problems understanding chris or jonathan live but online interviews coming in a worse quality, interviewers having a strong dialekt and chris always speeding up his speech when he gets out of breath or jonathan mumbling, it's very hard to understand for non native english speakers. at least that's my point of view as a german who had english in school only.

it would be nice if ggg could somehow transcribe more important interviews.

Spoiler

criticising someone because of his type of speech may come over as offensive, i apologize.

but as a comparison, a kiwi like richard taylor from weta workshop nz may sound weird for natives but is by lengths easier to understand for other people and i thoroughly enjoyed his interviews on the lotr dvds because of the slow voicing and clear message and (like in chris' interviews) the fascination for his job it transports. just in a more clear way.

tl;dr
less information given more clearly is sometimes more information given more awesome. and transciptions of interviews would be good for foreigners and for referencing to them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 1, 2015, 5:36:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info