Standard and Darkshrine

Hi guys i'm mad. I'm playing both, new leagues like Darkshrine and Standard. I leveled 1 char in Darkshrine to 85 but I don't like this league, and then decide to go back to Standard. And what happen? You can't imagine the difference between these new leagues and Standard when we talk about - drop system - . I can add and the random spirit spawn and box spawn etc. in maps. The monster/bosses map drop in Darkshrine is like x10 times higher than Standard, and please notice I'm not talking about totally bugged Shrines effects. Just clearing 1 simple Gorge for example without using any shrine to add some unbalanced thing is just sick compared to Standard. WHY is that? Why Standard need to be completely ignored everytime. I stop to play these days POE because of this... Why someone will force me to play some new league in that way? I just now want to play Standard, but when u run 3,4,5 82lvl maps and getting ZERO return you just stop playing... the feel in standard to me now is like ghost town. The map packs/density, the random ghost/rogue/box and such other things spawn is like 1 to billion. Even runnning every map with Domination/Ambush you get zero map drops. Yea i play alot and i dont believe this to be just rng... more looks to me like different drop system.

And lastly.. please GGG DON'T merge Darkshrine with Standard at the end !!!!!!!!! Because these totally bugged shrines it will ruin even more Standard economy.

edit: what i want to say with all this. Just put this drop system to standard! It was the same problem and with previous league (Flashback Event). I play it 1 month and when I come back to Standard... rip, you running maps and zero map drop.
Last edited by Joleco on Nov 30, 2015, 2:53:31 PM
Lol it's going to do the standard economy and there's nothing you can do about it other then well complain obviously.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The map drops in Standard are really atrocious. I want to keep playing my high level characters from Warbands but it's so frustrating. Why can't we just have fun in Standard? The economy is ruined anyway, let us at least enjoy the game, GGG. Please!
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I chose not to play in the 1M filler league this time around, and all I hear about is how these Darkshrines are making certain items/mods/gems super easy to get. So what's going on? Are these things showering people with tons of free items/maps/etc? I feel like I missed out on a fun league.
"
Meridin wrote:
I chose not to play in the 1M filler league this time around, and all I hear about is how these Darkshrines are making certain items/mods/gems super easy to get. So what's going on? Are these things showering people with tons of free items/maps/etc? I feel like I missed out on a fun league.

Yeah, basically. Darkshrine made it really easy to experience certain endgame content that most people never get to, like 20q gems, unique maps, etc.

This works because Darkshrines have discoverable effects on an instance based on the prefixes/suffixes of the sacrificed item. For example, if Crit Multi % is selected as the effect stat, a random item in your inventory gets 20% quality, so people quickly began abusing this by dropping everything except for the gem they want qualitied before using the darkshrine.

Also, I was watching Mathil's stream yesterday and he used a Darkshrine on a T15 map to get "Touch of Blasphemy" on every single monster in the map, as if a Tormented Blasphemer had ran around cursing everything, which resulted in considerably better loot.

I think Darkshrine was a fun temp league and I'm excited to see it integrated into the full game, but they're clearly going to have to do some balancing because at the moment Darkshrine has a super inflated economy thanks to all the "free" stuff. I don't really understand people who play standard and cry about temp leagues, as I believe GGG have stated that their intention is to balance around temp leagues anyway. Which makes sense, if D2 ladders taught us anything, it's that a cycle of temporary leagues is the best way to breathe longevity into an ARPG.
Last edited by Trentemoller on Nov 30, 2015, 3:33:23 PM
"
Meridin wrote:

They are indeed getting showered and yup you are missing out on loot that makes flashback look like kids stuff.

I'm with you though. If you need a break, you need a break. I did. I'll be there day 1 of Talisman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info