Essence Drain--Contagion 2.1 250% ES -4,8% regen

This build focuses on the new skills Contagion and Essence Drain which are released in the 2.1 update, let´s see how viable they can be !

The build uses 250% ES and 4,8% life regen to utulise survivability problems this will get you to around 10 k es with decent gear (higher with uber gear)

On the other side we collect 118% spell damage the boost the damage of our skill.

Gem Links


Contagion(1)-Rapid Decay(2)-Void Manipulation(3)-Increased Duration(4)

Clarity(1)-Blood Magic(2)

Essence Drain(1)-added chaos dmg(2)-Void Manipulation(3)-Rapid Decay(4)-Slower projectiles(5)-faster casting(6)

Six link is Used for single target damage since we would lack it with just contagion i gues.

If the scaling of contagion is bad we'll habe to Put it in our 5-6 links, hopefully it scales good enough so we can focus a bit on dmg against Bosses.

Wither(1)-increased aoe(2)

Discipline(1)-Vulnerability(2)-Blasphemy(3)



Gear


Talisman with "increased chaos damage" or "increased ES"
The unique jewel Eldritch Knowledge placed at the top of the witch area- 40% increased chaos damage
Rest of the gear just get high ES and Res



Skill Tree Variations


My Skilltree optimized by Shibajusty


Skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=



Skillltree breakdown

https://pathofpoe.com/passive-breakdown/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=/




Version without Ghost Reaver by Cuchio


https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVruvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6DkItWm2fwJqsCar2wLYcauDF8cp1OlGmz3wSt4H8ctixzcjxrfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smDpYVcZ0VV8q99eESFxrw22P-tDQUq_dX7tNZ_ytSvDVSVF_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1hGWBx6VLiL0bAtGcYMJDkhd8ilPnjyMdrUEV8ko-riT






Skilltree by Alex_Lied


CI Version:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QJLrhsl2VttGZf0UlM9XyL0bAuTJ76KoS8NfFfJhEhca8Nt4vcBb4t6Va5Eq4-mghDfsOvumuBFnRps98E3g6brLKaQ1o_67BjviPk3189JsVNSpys1uRFQf8aGrhXXLL9JUfDVBx6VLjbF34rYJKcIna6PGhzcuJMo-gPuM4cdvoLH-eiUoNpiaHQYVt1fUq_Q0K1KZ_y7TRGWXfIOSBEvKwq29-tjmZq1SB9BBiOly1WFbWy-OhB72xrndMEA9UsVUBqNBbXo1n_7WyZ8gxEtLJxWYw==



Hybrid Version:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QJLrhsl2VttGZf0UlM9XyL0bAuTJ76KoS8NfFfJVa5Eq4-mghDfsOvumuBFnRps98GP-u-I-TfXz0mxU1KnKzW5EVB_xklR8NUHHpUu34qnCJ2ujxoc3LiTKPoD7jOHHb6Cx_nolKDaYmh0GFbdX1Kv0NCtSmf8u00Rll3yDkgRLysKtvfrY5matUgfQQYjpctVhW1svjoQe9sa53TBAPVLFVDo1nyDES0snONqFm8kqjbpz3qyGTIBmyZ6U2HrbIydqjY9YqzYvf4Ktz5Bh6ZXOuHyRQ==





Last edited by le_niempire on Dec 3, 2015, 12:18:40 PM
You have 3 6% ES nodes at the unnatural calm wheel that could be reasigned to the arcane focus one, gaining 36% ES instead of 18.
Same goes to the Written in blood wheel, you can pick 2 nodes there for 12% life and 15% es.
There's one extra unneeded 6% ES node at the foresight wheel.
Also light of divinity is 15% spell damage 4% cast speed 10str 10 int for only 1 point.
My suggested changes would be something like this.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=

Spoiler
https://pathofpoe.com/passive-breakdown/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=/

Why do you want to take Ghost Reaver? Do you have some sort of chaos leech?
And i don't think essence surge is worth all the point.

I woul use this one:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVruvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6DkItWm2fwJqsCar2wLYcauDF8cp1OlGmz3wSt4H8ctixzcjxrfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smDpYVcZ0VV8q99eESFxrw22P-tDQUq_dX7tNZ_ytSvDVSVF_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1hGWBx6VLiL0bAtGcYMJDkhd8ilPnjyMdrUEV8ko-riT
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 1, 2015, 1:15:09 PM
"
cuchio wrote:
Why do you want to take Ghost Reaver? Do you have some sort of chaos leech?
And i don't think essence surge is worth all the point.

I woul use this one:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVruvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6DkItWm2fwJqsCar2wLYcauDF8cp1OlGmz3wSt4H8ctixzcjxrfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smDpYVcZ0VV8q99eESFxrw22P-tDQUq_dX7tNZ_ytSvDVSVF_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1hGWBx6VLiL0bAtGcYMJDkhd8ilPnjyMdrUEV8ko-riT


Essence surge is trash for that setup. You need More dmg or ES, not ES recharging rate since Essence drain will surely be on lower end for dmg (as they need to balance out its nice features).

And essence drain have kind of "chaos leech mechanic" but like cuchio said it is not "chaos leech" - it's "recovering" this life so ZO works here as a conversion mechanic to ES regeneration and recovering. Check it on wiki or update post with this skill:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Drain

@le_niempire (OP person)

Also your tree is weird. You don't have life recovery mechanic but you still get nodes for life as if it was some hybrid build. If you plan so, add leech gem to main skill or some warlord mark setup and get out the Ghost Reaver from the tree. Or get chaos inoculation and focus even more on ES.

Also, since it is chaos-base dmg, I know that you want to enhance it in the tree, but remember that it also have "spell" and "projectile" keywords so I think it would be better to go for these ones.

So I would change your tree like that:

Spoiler
1) CI version:

Spoiler

188 % dmg increase
ES % around 392% (tree, intellifence, and 15% more ES)


https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QJLrhsl2VttGZf0UlM9XyL0bAuTJ76KoS8NfFfJhEhca8Nt4vcBb4t6Va5Eq4-mghDfsOvumuBFnRps98E3g6brLKaQ1o_67BjviPk3189JsVNSpys1uRFQf8aGrhXXLL9JUfDVBx6VLjbF34rYJKcIna6PGhzcuJMo-gPuM4cdvoLH-eiUoNpiaHQYVt1fUq_Q0K1KZ_y7TRGWXfIOSBEvKwq29-tjmZq1SB9BBiOly1WFbWy-OhB72xrndMEA9UsVUBqNBbXo1n_7WyZ8gxEtLJxWYw==



2) Hybrid version:



Complement it with Eldrich knowledge near MoM keystone. For CI you can also use "Energy From Within" near one of life-ES hybrid clusers (for 38-42 % increase of ES). Also Blood dance boots would be nice for more regen, dex and 16-20% more dmg.

This auras setup would work fine:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/X9mAw

If you get any problems with mana, try either some jewelry with -cost skill or low level clarity, or both.

Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 2, 2015, 7:59:32 AM
I'm not sure if Essence Drain is working for CI.
The wording is: "Recover 0.20% of Debuff Damage as Life"
That might not be Regeneration thus it might not work with ZO.

Or is there an announcement i haven't seen, where it is clarified?
"
cuchio wrote:
I'm not sure if Essence Drain is working for CI.
The wording is: "Recover 0.20% of Debuff Damage as Life"
That might not be Regeneration thus it might not work with ZO.

Or is there an announcement i haven't seen, where it is clarified?

I just had the same question. I don't believe that the skill counts as regeneration OR leech. Actually, it certainly isn't leech. In fact, that wording makes me think that it's closer to life gain on hit. Meaning, there's no way to convert that life to recovering energy shield. Which... means essence drain would be best suited for a life-based build.
"
cuchio wrote:
I'm not sure if Essence Drain is working for CI.
The wording is: "Recover 0.20% of Debuff Damage as Life"
That might not be Regeneration thus it might not work with ZO.

Or is there an announcement i haven't seen, where it is clarified?


True, now that I check this skill, GR and ZO keystones, it looks like we have three different types of life gaining: leech, regeneration and "recovery". This thing might be separate effect like "life gain on hit" so converting it might not be possible. If so, this skill might only work for full life or hybrid builds.

Looks like we need some clarification form GGG or just wait till the skill is released :/

Edit:

@Etheoff Sorry for repeating you. I started writing while there was no your answer. But you are right, CI might not be compatible with that skill if it will turn out like we suspect.
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 2, 2015, 2:30:39 PM
"
Shibajusty wrote:
You have 3 6% ES nodes at the unnatural calm wheel that could be reasigned to the arcane focus one, gaining 36% ES instead of 18.
Same goes to the Written in blood wheel, you can pick 2 nodes there for 12% life and 15% es.
There's one extra unneeded 6% ES node at the foresight wheel.
Also light of divinity is 15% spell damage 4% cast speed 10str 10 int for only 1 point.
My suggested changes would be something like this.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=

Spoiler
https://pathofpoe.com/passive-breakdown/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6C1BOQi1abZ_AmqwJqvbAthxq4MXxynU6UabPfBK3gfxy2LHNyPGt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKwj0wFRqQ5f0UlM9X5eVTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yYOlhVxnRVXyr314RIXGvDbUwtFLCCHohCHdlDVPRxwcXsGI_60NBSr91fu01n_K1K8NVJUX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfDQKN2YsppDWX2o=/



Thank You will update the post based on the replies, got some good feedback, thank you very much!
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
"
cuchio wrote:
Why do you want to take Ghost Reaver? Do you have some sort of chaos leech?
And i don't think essence surge is worth all the point.

I woul use this one:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVruvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6DkItWm2fwJqsCar2wLYcauDF8cp1OlGmz3wSt4H8ctixzcjxrfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smDpYVcZ0VV8q99eESFxrw22P-tDQUq_dX7tNZ_ytSvDVSVF_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1hGWBx6VLiL0bAtGcYMJDkhd8ilPnjyMdrUEV8ko-riT


Essence surge is trash for that setup. You need More dmg or ES, not ES recharging rate since Essence drain will surely be on lower end for dmg (as they need to balance out its nice features).

And essence drain have kind of "chaos leech mechanic" but like cuchio said it is not "chaos leech" - it's "recovering" this life so ZO works here as a conversion mechanic to ES regeneration and recovering. Check it on wiki or update post with this skill:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Drain

@le_niempire (OP person)

Also your tree is weird. You don't have life recovery mechanic but you still get nodes for life as if it was some hybrid build. If you plan so, add leech gem to main skill or some warlord mark setup and get out the Ghost Reaver from the tree. Or get chaos inoculation and focus even more on ES.

Also, since it is chaos-base dmg, I know that you want to enhance it in the tree, but remember that it also have "spell" and "projectile" keywords so I think it would be better to go for these ones.

So I would change your tree like that:

Spoiler
1) CI version:

Spoiler

188 % dmg increase
ES % around 392% (tree, intellifence, and 15% more ES)


https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QJLrhsl2VttGZf0UlM9XyL0bAuTJ76KoS8NfFfJhEhca8Nt4vcBb4t6Va5Eq4-mghDfsOvumuBFnRps98E3g6brLKaQ1o_67BjviPk3189JsVNSpys1uRFQf8aGrhXXLL9JUfDVBx6VLjbF34rYJKcIna6PGhzcuJMo-gPuM4cdvoLH-eiUoNpiaHQYVt1fUq_Q0K1KZ_y7TRGWXfIOSBEvKwq29-tjmZq1SB9BBiOly1WFbWy-OhB72xrndMEA9UsVUBqNBbXo1n_7WyZ8gxEtLJxWYw==



2) Hybrid version:



Complement it with Eldrich knowledge near MoM keystone. For CI you can also use "Energy From Within" near one of life-ES hybrid clusers (for 38-42 % increase of ES). Also Blood dance boots would be nice for more regen, dex and 16-20% more dmg.

This auras setup would work fine:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/X9mAw

If you get any problems with mana, try either some jewelry with -cost skill or low level clarity, or both.



Thank you for your reply, good thoughts and good critisism, thats why im here, wanted to include your skilltrees yet somehow if i add them they are not shown as if there was a cap of letters i could write. Your right with taking Projctile dmg > chaos dmg yet those notes are far away too and it was planned to be a "hybrid" build, there is very little scary chaos dmg in the game if you have about 10% chaos resist, so i would just have a life flask which applies instantly to deal with incoming chaos dmg.
"
cuchio wrote:
Why do you want to take Ghost Reaver? Do you have some sort of chaos leech?
And i don't think essence surge is worth all the point.

I woul use this one:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEI-mRKtVruvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPJ8DqdVW6DkItWm2fwJqsCar2wLYcauDF8cp1OlGmz3wSt4H8ctixzcjxrfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakOX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smDpYVcZ0VV8q99eESFxrw22P-tDQUq_dX7tNZ_ytSvDVSVF_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1hGWBx6VLiL0bAtGcYMJDkhd8ilPnjyMdrUEV8ko-riT


Thanks for your time! included your Skilltree! I think it matters how you want too play, since i thought about using life leech for leveling since i stuggle to get good ES gear for lower levels, but your right that at lvel around 60-70 it becomes less important and kinda unnecessary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info