What is the difference between blade vortex and cyclone?

In addition to the title question, would it be possible to use both simultaneously?
One is an Attack, the other is a Spell.
I don't think there's a single Skill that will outright prevent you from using another completely unrelated Skill (weapon restrictions notwithstanding)? Blade Vortex is no exception, in any case.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 25, 2015, 11:08:05 PM
I think cyclone falls under the weird group of "channels" like flame blast and incinerate.

Blade Vortex looks more like SRS, you cast it a few times and then go.

You could use them together and it should work well, but then again what spell does not work well with CoC cyclone?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
I hope they have a fancy vortex MTX. Cyclone + vortex and super increased AoE sounds extremely fun.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
I think cyclone falls under the weird group of "channels" like flame blast and incinerate.

Not really, a channeled skill ends the moment you release the button, so Whirlwind in D3 would be a channeled skill but Cyclone in PoE wouldn't, it's a regular skill, essentially no different than Leap Slam or Whirling Blades in that regard.

I'm pretty stoked for physical spells because they will make Crown of Eyes more attractive, you could scale elemental attack/spell combos without CoE but it's another story for physical builds. Being a duration effect Vortex would also be very suitable for CoMK as it will get you more damage per kill and help you get started on the next monster pack.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Deadpeng wrote:
In addition to the title question, would it be possible to use both simultaneously?

vortex is spell so can by used with any trigger gems while using Cyclone as main attack.
example:
Cyclone - cast on crit - vortex - bladefall - EK
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 26, 2015, 5:53:29 AM
personally im not going to CoC that skill, im going to get super buffed up duration, casting speed, empower, and run RF for massive spell damage in total for its damage.

cast a whole bunch, let it last a long time, run around and kill things. if base duration stays at 5 seconds, then mine will last a little over 13 seconds total

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info