Fire nova mine question.

Hello, so, ive played with fire nova mine before, but i stopped coz, bored, but since its next on my dedicated list, ill have to do it, so... i have a question

This item:
(still linking it), the mod "mines can be detonated an additional time", that basically means 8 novas, right? but, can spell echo be used?? and if so, can it make 16 casts? im incredibly curious.

Thank you in advance

Slayer.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Spell Echo works only with self-casting.

The problem with the Tremor Rod and Fire Nova is that the mine has to exist until it has finished the repeated nova casts. Tremor Rod _then_ creates a new mine in its place, which means you are very likely to reach maximum mines before they end the casts.
Also, you don't get the Remote Mine more damage bonus for a skill that is already a mine, but you _do_ get the less mine damage from Tremor Rod itself, so it's not good at all with dedicated mine skills, like Fire Nova and Freeze Mine.

"
Zed_ wrote:
The problem with the Tremor Rod and Fire Nova is that the mine has to exist until it has finished the repeated nova casts. Tremor Rod _then_ creates a new mine in its place
This is incorrect. Tremor Rod's stat does not make a new mine. It makes the existing mine re-arm after it finishes it's skill, instead of dying. This potentially matters in terms of mine replacement, since it's still the same mine, and mines are replaced oldest-first.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Also, you don't get the Remote Mine more damage bonus for a skill that is already a mine
This is correct - a mine skill cannot be supported by the Remote Mine support, so won't receive it's included damage boost.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 23, 2015, 2:10:23 AM
"
Zed_ wrote:
Spell Echo works only with self-casting.

The problem with the Tremor Rod and Fire Nova is that the mine has to exist until it has finished the repeated nova casts. Tremor Rod _then_ creates a new mine in its place, which means you are very likely to reach maximum mines before they end the casts.
Also, you don't get the Remote Mine more damage bonus for a skill that is already a mine, but you _do_ get the less mine damage from Tremor Rod itself, so it's not good at all with dedicated mine skills, like Fire Nova and Freeze Mine.

Ahh, okay, so would it be better if i went like, dual wield divinarius or a +3 staff or something? and just stack mine damage via jewels and nodes?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info