[2.0 HC] [MF] [RT] Ice Crash DUAL CAMERIA Freezing Scion Greed All Day

Many people have been hating the Cameria's Maul because the excitement of a unique gavel is ruined for them. RichJMoney, the creator of this hated unique have explained how this won't affect your chance of getting a Mjölner. The roll for unique goes like this:
1. Gavel dropped
2. System rolls for the highest unique: Mjölner
3. System rolls for the next unique: Cameria's Maul
4. System rolls for rare
5. System rolls for magic
6. normal...

The system rolls in order, so you only get Cameria's Maul when you failed in getting Mjölner. I personally like the America's Maul.

This is my build for this unique. And I like it.
This build shouldn't be too expensive because it's mostly unique. I made this build with 3 things in mind: Greed, Freezing, and Hardcore.

This build uses dual wield because it's awesome 10% more attack speed, 20% more attack physical damage, and 15% block chance.

This build have 70% freeze chance without Frostbite. It also uses Resolute Technique.

Gears

Cameria's Maul
This is the main of the build. I use two of them for dual wield.

--Body--
Greed's Embrace
We're greedy people.

--Gloves--
Southbound
This is such a good damage increase for the build. DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT wear this until you are higher level.

Aurseize
Use this before Southbound and against any boss that can't be freeze. That means keep this in your inventory even when using Southbound.

--Belt--
Perandus Blazon
Only belt you should use in this build. Since the NERF on quanity, you can change this out for anything you want.

--Boots--
Goldwyrm
This will really help with our MF.

--Flasks--
Divination Distillate
Yeah, this is the only flask you need to get your greedy hands on.
Sapphire Flask
In case of reflect because you will do a lot of cold damage.

In case of no unique gear, just use rare gears with rarity because we're greedy.

I left the amulet and two rings open because you will need life, resistances, and dexterity. I prefer to use gold amulet and rings to fill these spots.
Assuming you have all the unique items with almost maximum resistances on those gears. You will most likely need life and lightning resistance on your rings and amulet.
Dexterity is needed for this build, but all you need is a total of 120 on your character in order to use all the gems to level 20.

Rare gears stats Importance:
1. Life
2. Resistance
3. Rarity
4. Whatever...

Bandits

Normal: +40 life from Oak
Cruel: kill all for passive point
Merciless: Frenzy charges

Gems

Links
3: Leap Slam + Attack Speed + Fortify
3: Hatred + (2 open spots)
4: CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP + Warlords
4: Vengeance + Riposte + Life Leech + (Stun/LGOH)
The warlord's setup is for anything that was able to get close to you. You will be able to leech more life from them and maybe some endurance charges.
4: Herald of Ice + curse on hit + Frostbite + Mana Leech
6: Ice Crash + Hypothermia + Ice Bite + Item Rarity + W.E.D. + (Faster Attacks/Added Cold Damage)

Level Gems Where
8.......Added Cold Damage...............Act 1 Shop The Caged Brute
8.......Life Gain on Hit.....................Act 1 Shop The Caged Brute
10......Leap Slam...........................Act 1 Shop The Caged Brute
16......Herald of Ice........................Act 2 Shop The Root of the Problem
18......Faster Attacks......................Act 2 Shop Sharp and Cruel
18......Weapon Elemental Damage....Act 2 Shop Sharp and Cruel
24......Frostbite.............................Act 3 Shop Lost in Love
24......Hatred................................Act 3 Shop Lost in Love
24......Riposte...............................Buy from someone
24......Vengeance...........................Buy from someone
28......Arctic Breath........................Act 3 Shop Sever the Right Hand
28......Ice Crash.............................Act 3 Shop Sever the Right Hand
31......Fortify.................................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
31......Hypothermia........................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
31......Ice Bite................................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
31......Item Rarity...........................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
31......Life Leech............................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
31......Stun..................................Act 3 Shop A Fixture of Fate
38......Cast When Damage Taken......Act 4 Shop The Eternal Nightmare
38......Greater Multiple Projectile.......Act 4 Shop The Eternal Nightmare

From this chart, you can see that you can start using the entire setup at level 40, you don't have to wait. Of course, you wanna make sure you can progress through the contents with the right gears and setup. Don't blindly put everything together.

Ice Crash Mana Cost (6 link)
Hypothermia (120%), Ice Bite (120%), Item Rarity (100%), Weapon Elemental Damage (120%), Faster Attacks (115%)/Added Cold Damage (130%)
The Hypothermia and Ice Bite provide 20% more freeze chance
Ice Bite will gives frenzy charges

Mana cost of main skill
(12-16)*(1.20)*(1.2)*(1)*(1.4)*(1.15) = 28-37 mana per use (Faster Attacks)
(12-16)*(1.20)*(1.2)*(1)*(1.4)*(1.3) = 31-40 mana per use (Added Cold Damage)

The calculation might be wrong, but this is a good estimate. Note that 'Faster Attacks' uses less mana, it will still uses more mana due to using the skill more.

Passive

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBAcEsw3NEQ8RLRQgFLAXVBo4HM4c3B8CIoEnLytQMgky0TWSN4E6WDrhOw08LUVHRZ1G10rITC1N41BHUrJTUlPUVcZWSlnzZlRnm2xGbqpxhXIPcmxyqXvDfIN82YIegpuC5INfg8yD24P3hXuIQoqvjYKOPI8akBGQVZRvmjua4J6hnwGiAKZXrJisqq4-r6exQrXytz6-vMBmwcXE9sau0eTYvdq54XPjVuRR5Ovr7uwY7DjvDu_r8B_yRfMR9zL-Cv5U_o8=

This is for reaching level 79.
This passive tree made the build uses Resolute Technique. I use this for the melee build because I am used to caster build and spell don't miss. We don't need crit at all with this keystone.
The build also focus on cold damage which increases the duration of freezing. Note that you need to 3% of target effective life to even have the system count it as freezing and give it standard duration.
The passive also offers 35% freeze chance and 5 jewel sockets. Fitting the jewel sockets with 3% chance to freeze jewels will give us 15% freeze chance. With 20% freeze chance from attack skill, you will have 70% chance to freeze with Resolute Technique.
You will have 163% maximum life from the passive tree. You can get more from the jewels.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBAcEsw3NEQ8RLRQgFLAWbxdUGjgczhzcHwIhNCKBJy8rUDCXMZ4yCTI0MtE1kjeBOYo6WDrhOw08LUE_RUdFnUbXSshMLU3jUEdR5lKyU1JT1FXGVkpX4lnzZlRmnmeAZ5tsRm20bqpxhXIPcmxyqXasd-V7w3yDfNmCHoKbguSDX4PMg9uD94V7iEKKr42CjjyPGpARkFWUb5UEmuCeoZ8BogCmV6gHrJisqq4-r5uvp7FCtC-18rc-vrzAZsHFxPbGrs9-0eTYveFz41bjauRR5OvqGOvu7BjsOO0g7w7v6_Af8kXzEfcy-tL-Cv5U_o8=

This is the full build of 121 points.

Leveling

Although I said this build is hardcore viable, that is entirely on the player. Hardcore is a pain in the @** place to play for leveling. You do whatever suits you to level up to when you feel you can just ice crash away at the world.

To make sure you can handle this build, I suggest you make a character in Softcore and try to play ice crash on it for the feel of the skills. Then try not to die in softcore for a while. Go over to hardcore when you feel comfortable about ice crash. Plan your hardcore build, and max out your resistances for merciless. CAUSE YOU WILL DIE FROM LOW RESISTANCES. HA HA NO JOKE!!!

The passive tree leveling is pretty linear and focus on strength in the early game, so try to get some intelligence and dexterity on your gears and passive.

Notes:
if you ever think Cameria's Maul is not good enough, you can use a good dps mace or one hand on the main hand.
Doryani's Catalyst
Another good alternatives.

Sometime you might stick around in risky situations for a little more items or experiences. DON'T DO IT! You are very greedy, extremely greedy. Your goal is to amass all the riches and use those Cameria's to get some AWESOME Mjölner. In order for you to have a chance in all that riches, you need to stay alive and not risk your @** in low profit situations.
Think about it:
1. You risk for low rewards/high rewards (because high rewards are still low profit compare to death)
2. You die
3. Hours of leveling and picking up craps that worth 0.00000000001% of what you can get in higher level.
4. All because YOU are not GREEDY enough

I was not greedy enough and died. Now I'm a scrub in softcore standard. :(

References:
2.0 Cold Dead Hands and making RichMoney proud. Cameria's Maul Magic Find Ice Crash
^idea originated from here

ItsYoji <-- answered a lot of my questions on stream

RichJMoney <-- Creating the Unique

Post anything you want about the build here. You can change anything if you want.

'MURICA

Last edited by Luxim on Feb 13, 2016, 1:50:26 PM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2016, 7:11:58 PM
Can you post some playstyle videos ?
Also how much mf can you get usually for high and low budget ?
How good is survivability for merciless bosses in act 4 or so.
"
Raiden007 wrote:
Can you post some playstyle videos ?
Also how much mf can you get usually for high and low budget ?
How good is survivability for merciless bosses in act 4 or so.

1. Huh...mmm...no. I'm sorry. I ripped my character so I deleted it as to keep my number of characters in standard to a minimum since I don't play in there. And I don't have any recording software at the time to record my play. I can just tell you that I was reliably freezing everything in my path. The gameplay will just look like a regular ice crash build with just some frozen monsters and lot of loots around me. It's that simple. I usually just leap slam in front of a pack and ice crash away. I don't walk. I leap slam everywhere I need to go to keep fortify up.

2. For high budget(you got too much to burn) and maxed out resistances with some life, you can have 43% quantity/461% rarity Max. This is accounting the max roll uniques(including aurseize), max rarity in all rare gears, and 20%/lvl20 item rarity gem in the link. This is very expensive to achieve. Good luck with that. (There's no legacy gears accounted for in HC in this calculation)

For low budget, you might not get a greed's embrace (currently min. 1ex in HC). Cameria's Maul are cheap like 1c each because everyone hates the trolling. Assuming you were lucky enough to get some rarity on your rare gears while maxing out resistances and some life. 20-28% quantity/150-250% rarity.

3. Survivability is heavily dependent on how you play in HC. Don't do merciless bosses in act 4 because it's not worth it. What you should do is get through all the contents and skip merciless act 4 with only getting that one passive point in there. If you think you are too low level/undergear to map, then farm zones in beginning of act 4. No one in their right mind would touch act 4 merciless bosses until they are higher level. Unless they are very skilled and bosses are necessary like in a race.

P.S. I ripped in map with bad decision, not merciless act 4, so you will be fine.
Last edited by Luxim on Nov 29, 2015, 11:54:33 AM
@Raiden007

I just found this other build that function extremely similar to my build, they got a video over there. So you can look at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZX-kugdPY
This should help you see how the playstyle of my build works.

Video from:
Ice Age || Herald of Ice + Moonbender, Freezing Glacial Hammer / IC Build
Last edited by Luxim on Nov 29, 2015, 7:45:32 PM
I just updated my post with picture of 'Murica. I love it!
"
Luxim wrote:
@Raiden007

I just found this other build that function extremely similar to my build, they got a video over there. So you can look at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZX-kugdPY
This should help you see how the playstyle of my build works.

Video from:
Ice Age || Herald of Ice + Moonbender, Freezing Glacial Hammer / IC Build

Thanks a lot man. Rolling this on standard to see how it works. Got a perfect cameria and greed's yesterday.
Great job! Hey man can you update this build for the ascendency?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info