Ascendancy thoughts

I'd rather see Ascendancy function somewhat like the skill tree -- i.e. if you can make it to the starting region of the class in question, then let you pick any of the ascendancy classes for that class to specialize in.

The current design puts too much focus on choosing your class from square 1, which (imho) breaks part of the magic of POE.

Those ascendency skills are huge -- too defining to be limited by a single class.

Either that or put away with it all together and simply let people pick their specializations, regardless of class (preferable).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I would kill to be able to get ranger ascendancy as shadow. Hate playing female chars.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
I somewhat agree. Somewhat. But i also don't.

Let's face it.

A duelist has had previous experiences as a whole which isn't even remotely relateable for say, a witch or the templar (ok, the templar's used melee weapons, but that's about it).

I've asked for class-specifics before, because it makes zero sense to me that a fullgrown man with a dozen or more years of experience in an arena can be out-sworded/outblocked by a witch with unknown amounts of experience with a sword and shield.

Or that a male templar/marauder outbows a ranger (it makes even less sense to see a Kauri Male which obviously follows the ways of his culture use a bow at all, since males didn't use ranged weapons for reasons. Hence, Hyrri's window of opportunity).

We KNOW that the witch used spells, summons and wands before arriving in Wraelclast. We KNOW that the duelist used swords/melee weapons. It's silly to just discard that if you embrace the logic, and it's about time we got some class specifics to justify them, besides the starting nodes.

If anything, the Scion should be the clean slate - and they could even introduce a male "Jack of all trades"-type character which did a little bit of this AND that before arriving in Wraelclast for the ones that finds the scion less than preferable..

Again, i somewhat agree, as i think you're right - it changes the path for Path of exile (huehuehuehue) but in a way that is more positive than negative.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jan 15, 2016, 8:06:51 PM
"
Mortezzah wrote:
I'd rather see Ascendancy function somewhat like the skill tree -- i.e. if you can make it to the starting region of the class in question, then let you pick any of the ascendancy classes for that class to specialize in.

The current design puts too much focus on choosing your class from square 1, which (imho) breaks part of the magic of POE.

Those ascendency skills are huge -- too defining to be limited by a single class.

Either that or put away with it all together and simply let people pick their specializations, regardless of class (preferable).

agree
When i create a character it's with a build in mind...as it is just now some builds are always going to come out on top, ascendancy actually adds more to the mix, be it tankiness or extra damage...even how they add the damage is different...now rather than one class i have the potential for more depending on my style of game play.

All you do by allowing other classes access to other classes ascendancy passives is restricting your starting choice...because of you could start a marauder and grab all their tankiness and head to the ranger/shadow for their ascendancy stuff...then that IS what's going to happen...survivability, high health and ridiculous crits or even the duellist with 100% fortify taken from the shadow area...even the witch area.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 16, 2016, 2:46:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info