[2.0] CI Cyclone CoC Witch with Surgebinder`s

Introduction
Spoiler

Hello fellow Exiles.

First of i would like to warn you and apologize for my bad English.

This guide is for my Darkshrines character FrenzyOfTheWitch. It noting original. Just your regular CoC Cyclone build... but CI...

This character is not by any means end game viable, but I am sure some of you with more currency and time can make this better then me.

I wanted to make a character I wanted to play and have fun with.

I just want to share my experiences with this character in the current 2.0 meta were build diversity is limited.

If you do not care for HC viability and just wanna have fun i suggest this build.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Current level 87 tree

Poebuilder link:
http://poeurl.com/zERvhOV

Path Of Exile official sire link:
http://poeurl.com/zERvkOn

Comments about the Passive Tree
Spoiler

16% Reduced mana reservation is needed to run Discipline, Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Arctic Armor. If you have can get around 660-700 mana then you can add a low level 4-6 clarity if you need it to sustain cyclone.

Bandits
Spoiler

I took:
Passive/Passive/Frenzy charge

I suggest:
Passive/Passive/Power charge

Skill Gems set ups
Spoiler

5 link
Cyclone(level 1) / Cast on Crit / Life leech / Ice Nova / Arc

Life leech is mandatory for Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact for that is your only way of sustaining your energy shield in combat.

I would use flame surge in 6 link with some fire damage from gear for insane single target dps.

Whirling blades / Fortify / Faster Attacks

Your basic mobility set up. If you feel like it you can add Power charge on crit if that helps you sustain charges more.

Frezny / Faster Attacks / Fortify / Power Charge on Crit

This is the way i gain frenzy charges and occasional power charge and sustain them in longer boss fights.

Herald of Thunder / Curse on Hit / Assassins Mark

I do not like this set up! Because that is the only way to gain power charges without volls protector. And because it does not work on single target bosses and i am left with frenzy...

I would suggest adding blind as a forth link for more defenses.

Auras:
Discipline because you are CI
Herald of Ice for more clear speed
Herald of thunder because yeah....
Arctic armor because even if it sucks there are no other good defenses.

I have not fully set up my character because i am leveling gems.

This character lacks Strength. So if you can get 110 for the support gems here are a few suggestions for the remaining set ups.

Vaal Grace / Vaal Discipline (maybe 2 and drop Vaal Grace) / Vaal Haste / Increased Duration

Consider:
Cast when damage taken (level 1) / Tempest shield (level 1) / Blind / Power charge on crit OR Curse on hit / Assassins mark but that is lackluster

Gear
Spoiler

Got all of this gear in the 1-5 chaos range on dark shrines league. Rainbow stride price is higher. Upgrading is expensive. Dont have that much time. Have upgrades on standard.

Using Surgebinder gloves because decent ES shield with spell damage and spell critical strike chance are in 5 ex range. I am just waiting until the merge with standard league to get a better one.

Was lucky. Vaaled elemental weakness on hit surgebinders so i bough the additional curse amulet for 2 ex.

Jewels
Spoiler

1 green jewel with mana gained on hits. Even with two eleron rings you want one for no regen maps.
Spell/global multiplier => spell damage > attack speed

All of these need upgrades but they work for now.

Conclusion
Spoiler

Coming soon

Feel free to ask me questions about this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info