5W Darkshrine Mara Doomsower sweeper - 51k Heavy Strike, 44k Sweep

Hello there,

I haven't played a two hands melee build since Domination so I felt like giving it a try again in Darkshrine. It turned out that I'm enjoying it really :). The build is super cheap and work properly on 4L everywhere. It does decent damage (up to 52k sweep on 5L) and is more durable than I expected.

The build is inspired from Lighty's 2H RT cyclone. I use almost the same tree.

Tree at lvl 87
Tree at lvl 90. Now at 6k life, which is quite fine. Aiming for Unrelenting life cluster eventually, but I'll have to get more intelligence and dexterity on gear if I don't want that to happen at lvl 95 :p.
2.2 tree at lvl 90.

Bandits: Oak, Kill all, Oak

My gear

Usual jewels:

switch with Pandemonium Scalpel jewel for elemental weakness maps:

A bit of IIR for easy maps:

I switched to 5L only mid lvl 85, the time I needed to accumulate 150 fusing orbs. The build still performs properly with 4L sweep (no faster attack).

Defence

Perma uptime of Fortify with Leap Slam and 6 endurance charges with EC. I don't use immortal call.

Offence with Hatred, HoA, and Flame golem

Sweep

Heavy Strike

Offence with full buffs

Usual full buffs: Hatred, HoA, Flame Golem, Blood Rage, 3 frenzy charges, Fortify
I use AA instead of HoA on hard maps.

Sweep

Heavy Strike

Offence with full buffs and Atziri flask

Sweep

Heavy Strike

edit: updated gear section
edit2: fixed tree for 2.2.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 24, 2016, 8:45:12 PM
Interesting. If I were you I'd spec out of versatility and go for unrelenting, depending on whether you need the dex/int.
Yes, I still need both stat for Blood Rage and Vulnerability.
With this change, Unrelenting will be lvl 92. I'll have to fix the stats requirement on gear in the mean time, if I level that character that far.

edit: just did a stupidly hard rolled Academy: -11 max res, enfeeble, inhabited by humanoids, monster poison on hit, 85% extra lightning damage. I got totally wrecked xD. But I still cleared the map.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Nov 23, 2015, 4:02:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info