Stormyknights Builds And Reference Thread

This thread is primarily for my own purposes to have a reference point for rebuilding my characters in the future when major changes are made to the tree, gems and items. All information is provided so that anyone who happens to read this should be able to use this thread as a rough guide to make similar builds.

Each build has a full list of gear, the passive tree, potions in use and a demo video of the build in action. All vids recorded here were done at the time of making this thread with the items listed for each build.

Video was recorded in merciless dried lake for each character as a quick showcase of the builds in action.

VACUUM CYCLONE (Torment Farmer)

COC SIRE OF SHARDS CYCLONE (Dual Curse) 10 link !

KINGSGUARD MJOLNER (Molten Strike)

CRIT VOLTAXIC LIGHTNING ARROW + FRENZY

CRIT WOE+BOR WILDSTRIKE DUAL CURSE

TARYNS SHIVER CRIT CI FREEZE PULSE COLD SNAPPER

MAX BLOCK AEGIS + SOUL TAKER TANK

CI WHISPERING ICE AVATAR OF FIRE FULL CONVERSION

EXPLOSIVE ARROW QUILL RAIN ELE EQUILIB

CRIT VAAL GROUNDSLAM + CYCLONE

CRIT ETHEREAL KNIVES

CRIT SPLIT ARROW + FRENZY / TS + PUNCTURE / TOP DPS

LOW LIFE CRIT VAAL SPARK + ARC (Brotherhood 50% ice Conversion)

CYBILS PAW SCOLDS VMS INCINERATE

Spoiler
Never played incinerate before but thought i might give it a go before the new expansion. I wanted a facetank character with good dmg and good boss killing ability, this build should be able to solo boss's in 6 man groups with vms.

I also like as much full automation as possible with everything being done automaticly apart from right click for incinerate and whirling blades and pressing my flasks. All cursing and charge gain and casting of immortal and tempest shield is done by automation.

Build should be completely hardcore viable with some more life nodes taken where needed. The defenses in the build should be more then enough in hardcore.

Defenses:
Spoiler

Mind Over Matter 30% all dmg taken from mana.
Cloak of Defiance 10% all dmg taken from mana.
Max Block 75%
Spell Block 35%
18000 Armor - 76% Dmg Reduction + 13% from AA
1200 Evasion - 14% Chance to evade.
Overcapped Resists 85/80/85
LGOH on Block supported x 3
3/4 Second Immortal Call
Dual Curse (Assasins/Warlords)
Arctic Armor
Determination
Whirling Blades
Immortal Against Small Hits (Aegis + MOM + COD)
Curse / Freeze / Chill Immune
40k + EHP Calculated here https://jsfiddle.net/p7pe80jx/39/embedded/result/

Spoiler

Offences:
Spoiler

Incinerate
Scolds Vaal Molten Shell
15% Shock Chance
4 Power Charges

Nuff Said.

Gear:

Gear Break Down:
Spoiler

WEAPON

We go with Cybil's here because it allows us to gain hp while using ghost reaver to keep our es capped out. Best in slot with this corruption.

HELM

Our bread and butter main offense. We need this to proc VMS with incinerate and do all our devastating dps.

SHIELD

Keeps our ES (mana) capped out so we can continue casting incinerate and always have the mana around for our 40% damage reduction. We also get nice resists 5% to our cold cap and some armor and es for defenses. Not to mention a good base block rate.

BOOTS

Rainbow strides convert a hefty amount of our block chance into spell block for maximum defensive bonus we also get some decent move speed, resists and es to boot (pun intended).

BELT

Fire damage, Str for iron will, fire leech, armor and resists just a good all round belt.

GLOVES

Couple of resists, Str for iron will, Solid armor and es for our defenses all around good gloves.

ARMOR

Ahh the mostly deposed COD. With this item we get a total of 40% Flat damage reduction streight up. Some flat mana and es for our EHP pool. No resists sadly but damn that 40% right.

JEWELERY

Frankly my rings are not good for this build and could be much improved upon. I like my amulet and the only thing i would change is the crit chance on it for a life roll or armor% roll.

More alternatives:

My ultimate rings would be a -8 elreon ring modded with:

+max life
-8 to mana costs
% energy shield
% fire damage
% armor
% missing resists

Either unset or two-stone rings. Unset would allow the running of a golem probably chaos or blood rage. You could go mokou's but eh.

FLASKS

All these 5 flasks play an important roll and all are essential, the ruby of warding can be subbed out for atziri's promise or taste of hate. But in generals these flasks along with the alchemy flask nodes cluster at witch area pretty much allow for 24/7 flask uptime.

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Current and End Game Passive Tree:

VIDEO:
Spoiler

PLATEAU MAP - First high level map test i did with the build. Some ring changes since then.

https://youtu.be/kUyTDlO1TEA

BLOOD MAGIC DUAL CURSE SRS 3x50% Aura+Generosity

POISON ARROW DUAL CURSE MAGIC FIND

LIFE BASED MAGIC FIND WINDRIPPER

Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359de96_rruDrvj_MVW-sSiDY1_K5cGW6-HdjnUMHwZik4qIXbdDZAK459v8nb3UUeNfcjcwzpM_4bOSn2gnzH651SNvzfUPs8j9sFJJIubtUMxwTMk_dQj7T-95k2S_h0Pq1-whMWNfsMz2sH_3jBxFr9tbMpKzZhaGi5TdO3dqAMeJpW1SFWFNj1vnupi028FLUt4H0Fh4gYj8-qly-ywnaqcpIMJ8bN1yzpCVUsqC4wLbIyHE0tXvqeMNnBSuXx3B8DjZU2J0702cNVd8g5IEZYN0ZOVBx5jQ60zlS4Z1_DVSVE=

Related Screenshots:
Spoiler

My Precious Prize POE Trophy

Spoiler

Last edited by stormyknight on Dec 5, 2015, 5:12:15 AM
Reserved

EDIT 1: Uploading vids now.

EDIT 2: Adjusted a few builds and updated tree information posted new vids.

EDIT 3: Added PA, RIPPER, SRS

EDIT 4: Updated PA gear(ventors), Ripper (iiq/iir amulet), EA added gear choice of kaoms/rearguard/rumi

EDIT 5: Updated voltaxic (new bow)

EDIT 6: Updated Mjolner (gloves)

EDIT 7: Updated COC Sire of Shards (potions,alternate coc gems,rats nest)

EDIT 8: Updated Taryns Cold Build (Armor, Potions)

EDIT 9: All build links somehow fell out of sink, updated.
Last edited by stormyknight on Dec 5, 2015, 4:35:33 AM
Reserved
Updates
Updated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info