Early version of "The Pit" . . .

Usually, when people say "game is dead" they are just expressing their dismay with a game that is alive and well. For their future reference, this is what a "dead game" looks like:

"The dice, game pieces and tile were found in a pit located beside the tomb."

Pieces from a mysterious board game that hasn't been played for 1,500 years were discovered in a heavily looted 2,300-year-old tomb near Qingzhou City in China.

There, archaeologists found a 14-face die made of animal tooth, 21 rectangular game pieces with numbers painted on them and a broken tile which was once part of a game board. The tile when reconstructed was "decorated with two eyes, which are surrounded by cloud-and-thunder patterns,

"Then with bamboo dice and ivory pieces the game of Liu Bo is begun; Sides are taken; they advance together; keenly they threaten each other."

http://www.livescience.com/52806-tomb-ancient-board-game-photos.html

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
d14?!
Inb4 someone plays it and summons a plague of locusts.
Tetradecahedron FTW! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
WHAT YEAR IS IT?!
Reminds me of the Voynich Manuscript, I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a world guidebook for a fantasy novel or the sort, written in a language belonging to that world.

just imagine if that's the case and people spent so many centuries wrapping their heads around it. Would be pretty funny
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
Reminds me of the Voynich Manuscript, I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a world guidebook for a fantasy novel or the sort, written in a language belonging to that world.

just imagine if that's the case and people spent so many centuries wrapping their heads around it. Would be pretty funny

That's one of the better explanations I've seen :D Or maybe some kind of medieval Tolkien who was, say, a monk in a monastery with a lot of time on his hands and a lot of funny mushrooms in his backyard who just made up a language of his own and played around with it.

about the game: But is it balanced? The dice needs examining, wouldn't be surprised if it's loaded...
Pseudo RNG to fleece someone's pockets, 10X GGG!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 18, 2015, 2:04:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info