2.0 Scion Dagger Crit Shield Armor Build (Lightning Strike/Reave)

High DPS Scion with some Tree-built-in resists which prevent you from spending extra currency on extra resists.

The DPS scales around 90k/100k without charges around lvl 66 (my lvl atm).

High Shield defense combined with Abysus and high armor chest multiplied by increased armor and increased shield defense provides us big Physical Damage Reducation Percentage (atm 70%/86% with endurance charges).

Build Revolves around few smaller gem combos to get most of the character without using skills one after another without a second breath.

The price of the build is not a lot, however tho its quite pricey for a newcomer (its <8ex)

The absolute items we need, are basically
Spoiler

It provides high Crit chance, which gets multiplied nicely with other skill nodes we get from Shadow area, giving me a total of 53% crit atm without power charges.

As the Crit and DPS itself is not all that we get from this dagger, I'd like to remind of the amazing healing we get from it, after killing a poisoned enemy we get around 5k health regen per second, which raises to 8k later on with Warlord's Mark.

The next thing we will need is a high armor shield, the one im using is only for Armour purposes at this point, currently Im waiting for one with 2-2.1k armor 70 hp and 32% cold 21 Fire res along with 25% block chance which is around 2 exalts.
The one Im currently using is
Spoiler
which is as I said, just for armour purposes.

As for the gloves, we surely will need armour, as much as we can get, the minimum would be probably around 200.
Basic bonuses for the gloves should be stuff like:
-Attack speed
-Damage to attack (pref phys)
-Strenght ( for armor and shield + gems)
-HP

The boots are kinda up to playstyle, I prefer more safe approach and so, Im going for Windscream boots
Spoiler
, my sockets are quite wrong cause its supposed to be 3B1R, so we can use:
Cast on Hit+Warlord's Mark+Enfeeble+Herald of Thunder.

Thanks to high crit chance, we will shock enemies pretty often, considering high Attack speed which helpes us to crit more often.

After killing a shocked enemy, we will unleach storm coming from above, casting both curses on hit, curses will provide defense in form of Endurance charges which we get after killing cursed enemies. Also the Enfeeble curse, which reduces Total damage from all sources which will provide even more defense.
PS: Its quite hard to get 3 blue on windscream boots.

As for our mobility, its going to be nothing else but Whirling Blades.
Whirling Blades+blood magic, simply cause we won't have a lot of management, and we can't waste gem slots.

As for the helmet, we're taking Abyssus, to boost our overall DMG, sadly it increases our Physical Damage taken by % (40-50), however, with Enfeeble its nicely countered.
Helmet is our source of power charges.
For power charges we got a combo of:
Power charge on critical+Riposte+Reckoning+Vengeance
Thanks to this, we will quite often counter enemy's attack and possibly get power charges whenever a nearby enemy is struck with our counters' critical strikes.

To boost our Accuracy we are going to use Ice golem which boosts both our Accuracy and crit chance.

As for our Frenzy charges, we're gonna use:
Cast on Damage taken+Tempest Shield+Blood Rage
Which will boost our Attack speed, give us frenzy charges, and also, provide us with extra block chance.

For the rings, belt and amulet, we'll need stats like:
-Elemental Damage
-Lightning Damage
-Physical Damage to attacks
-Accuracy
-HP!!!
-All Attributes
-All Resists
-Single resists with a minimum of 35%

As to the bandits, Im going Oak/Skill point/Oak, cause we're gonna need 121 points in the end.

The skill tree at lvl 100 looks at follows.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASsiQEYqvguS-vHvDhrMs6QDuKk0_J-Is0TYJMxUgR369NmVNvqcZtC2DhNnBgi_MYuxNRoTv028uU9rBBS107VO7v9VDMXrvrK8M96mVwL9AoDJOG5fTfu969qM94kjueK5MYNfLG60EsZVmTZIj9qOKjX1RRzB8jb__HG-EOq3C7AW1Yqy0xWyMnap94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwbb546Kl9Dbblb1tUhtbDY9cFIqC_PqXfJw1YnT7UGmfxa_JpWMNlVLYeKaE3BWkBsRlg5I29TximwI_94k_edU7T831Ni9NZK18m6qpldN4_6P8kU64bGzMZ4=

As for the early setup, the lvl80 skill tree, looks like that
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASsiQEYqvguS-vHvDhrMs6QDuKk0_J-Is0TYJMxUgR369NmVNvqcZtC2DhNnBgi_MYuxNRoTv028uU9rBBS107Xrv037vevajPeJI7niuTGDXyxutTZIj9qOKjX1RRzB8jb__HG-EOq3C7AW1Yqy0xWyMnap94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwbb546Kl9Dbblb1tUhtbDY9cFIqC_PqXfJw1YnT7UGmfxa_JpWMNlVLYeKaE3BWkBsRlg5I29TximwI7T831FO7v9VDMbGz

Lvl 60 tree, is like that:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyi-gIMJhMWbtV-wykpvnujWIurDOm1s53S1SO1Bpn-xsxa_YeImlYw2VUtwUioL8-pd8nDVidM2PWyMnapirH3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBtvntMWOipfQ225W9fGKbAiaE3BWkBsRlg5I29T_HG-EOq3C7A==

Its going a different route cause we need DPS real fast so we can level, later on we just have to connect it and refund the wasted points.
We're gonna connect it that way:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyi-gIMJhMWbtV-wykpvnujWIurDOm1s53S1SO1Bpn-xsxa_YeImlYw2VUtwUioL8-pd8nDVidM2PWyMnapirH3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBtvntMWOipfQ225W9fGKbAiaE3BWkBsRlg5I29T_HG-EOq3C7JARguS-vErIiq97w4azLOkA7ipNPyfiLNE2CTMVINN-73r2oz3iSO54rkxg18sbraOKTZIj9o19UUcwfO0_N9QFtY2_

Which is around lvl 75

Lastly, as to my current gear in full, Im going with a setup like this:
PS (in the end, We're gonna wear Belly with 5/6L, prefferably 40% max HP at least 190% increased armor and 12% elemental resists

Spoiler

As to the main skill, we're running either Reave or Lightning strike, which is up to your liking.

The link for the main skill are as follows:

Lightning Strike/Reave + Multistrike + Physical to Lightning + Increased Elemental Damage + Increased Physical Damage (as for the last slot, Im gonna use Increased crit chance, to shock and freeze enemies more often)

As to my potions, its like that:
Spoiler

Last potion is up to you, it should either be something like Rumi's Concotion, Atziri's Promise, or Taste of Hate if you got money.

The build contains 5 jewels slots, which should be filled with jewels which use stats such as:
-Maximum HP (higly recommended [at least 3 with 6-7%])
-Physical damage which works with daggers
-Lightning damage
-All elemental
-Attack speed ( u can get up to 20% with 3 stats if ure lucky, its good to have 1 like that for a GIANT DPS boost)

Lastly, here is my DPS and Def with nothing but auras (out of combat)
Def
Spoiler

Def with Endurance Charges, Granite Flask and Jade Flask
Spoiler

DPS
Spoiler

DPS with Power Charges and Frenzy Charges
Spoiler

Thats it guys, thanks for the feedback in advance!

Last edited by Nhire on Nov 17, 2015, 5:41:13 PM
I will update it once again after reaching lvl 80

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info