Casual perspective onto races.

As i was about to fall asleep last night, after some heavy planning of syphilis build, it shined down up on me!

The ultimate answer to the ultimate question "Why races suck to most of casual players?".

Answer is rather simple. Playing races lacks punch.

To be more precise, there is no "player power" nor "visual power".

I will admit, haven't raced in a while (there are no decent rewards for minimal effort), but i doubt much changed.

I start as "nobody", with a "nobody" weapon and "nobody" skill.
My character look like a bum, skill effects look and feel like boredom, power against monsters is miserable.
Every race is same.

And the rewards themselves are simply just different 2d sprites. (Maybe 3d models, but then again, who will bother for a nice looking helm when we all are decked in MTX gear?).

At the moment i have no suggestions.
After playing Starcraft 2 for few weeks, i just noticed why i enjoy playing every map with same startup and why i hate that in Path of Exile.
On the other hand PoE required a lot of commitment, whilst SC2 casual fun is a lot faster to obtain.

Thank you for reading!
then you should probably race again coz "every race is the same" is long gone. we have for example racetypes like descent, descent champions, endless ledge etc.. which offer a completely different playstyle. in descent champions u even get to chose two uniques to start with.
so start racing and get uptodate coz your critics are very outdated.
"
WiseGuard wrote:

After playing Starcraft 2 for few weeks, i just noticed why i enjoy playing every map with same startup and why i hate that in Path of Exile.
On the other hand PoE required a lot of commitment, whilst SC2 casual fun is a lot faster to obtain.

Did you really just compare an RTS and an ARPG? Not to mention a subsection of an ARPG?

After playing Path of Exile for few weeks, i just noticed why i enjoy playing every map with same startup and why i hate that in Startcraft II.
On the other hand SCII required a lot of commitment, whilst PoE casual fun is a lot faster to obtain.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Awkamess wrote:

Did you really just compare an RTS and an ARPG? Not to mention a subsection of an ARPG?

Yes, i did. I compared PoE Racing with SC2 MP.

I can compare it to CS 1.5 if you wish.

Dota, CS, Hearthstone, SC2 MP are fast pace, jump and go kind of games.
PoE racing has the same goal - a lot of quick matches for players to jump in and have fun, no attachments.

Granted that most of games i mentioned are tailored for such play.
PoE on the other hand, tries to take short corners, gives you a lvl 1 startup, some random map or default starting location, slapping a bucket as a forehead protector and there, you are ready to go. A bum with stick and a bucket on his head, swinging his weapon around with hopes to kill something.

I do agree, there are a lot of playstyles, they are fun. But that's just not enough.

There has to be some appeal and stimulation to be a lvl 1 bum YET again.
It's true that the vanilla races must be extremely unappealing to casual players, and most of the playerbase really. The Etup/Havoc school of thought. Having a great and powerful character is more fun than repeatedly starting from scratch with nothing, for an hour.

Descent and Descent Champions do a great job of giving you more alchs than you know what to do with, resulting in very exciting gameplay.

They have some things in the works, hopefully we'll see some kind of start of Normal Act 2/3/4 or Cruel/Merciless Act1 races soon.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 16, 2015, 5:45:03 PM
jani should troll your screen with a pic every time you ding in a race. just sayin'

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info