Content Update 2.1.0: Talisman Challenge Leagues, New Skills and more!

So as a total rookie loser guy...this is why I'm increasingly fond of this game.

Rapid Decay sounds kind of amazing. I'm looking at a lot of these new gems and just drooling. Quicker-acting degen is awesome for clearing enemies before they clear you, and given how rapidly most PoE skills can be applied...well. I see no reason why one would not want their decay to occur rapidly on any degen skill I can see. Fire Trap > Rapid Decay > Inc. Burning > Trap Damage in that new Kongming's Stratagem - fast offense that is also defense (which is clearly the best kind of offense) on a super-mobile character with an awesome Monkey King fan. I only wish I had the faintest chance in hell of ever seeing that fan to try it with.

As a long-time (Diablo II long-time) softie for archers...I want mah bow skills. Shrapnel Shot screams Point Blank, or at least experimenting therewith, and Siege Ballista may be my first attempt at an Ancestral Bond build. Seriously, though...that Shrapnel Shot is more enticing than it should be. Free megadeeps from Drillneck if I understand Drillneck correctly, and one of the rare skills that can handle both mobs and bosses well. Blast Rain I want to see in play (for more than a second :P) before I decide if I want to run it, but I'm already considering ways to try and make Shrapnel Shot murderous.

This frequent updating and expansion is one of the best parts of PoE, it really is. I know everybody gets all hot to trot over the temp leagues and fresh economies to ruin, but I'm here because this game is better than everything else I play at offering endless build tinkering options and ways to make something really cool and interesting. I can't trade worth a spit so I'm forever plebe, but I really don't care. Keep on a'going, Grinding Gears. I may duck out for a while, but I'm fairly sure I'll always be back.
Looks pretty great but unsure on the Talisman league. Reminds me very much of Torment.

And when you encounter one of the challenge floating shrines, you're going to have to portal back to your hideout to collect a set of talismans.

I dunno--I guess it all depends on how frequent this stuff shows up and how generous GGG is with the talismans.
Why is the ballista tagged as melee?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
1453R wrote:
So as a total rookie loser guy...this is why I'm increasingly fond of this game.

Rapid Decay sounds kind of amazing. I'm looking at a lot of these new gems and just drooling. Quicker-acting degen is awesome for clearing enemies before they clear you, and given how rapidly most PoE skills can be applied...well. I see no reason why one would not want their decay to occur rapidly on any degen skill I can see. Fire Trap > Rapid Decay > Inc. Burning > Trap Damage in that new Kongming's Stratagem - fast offense that is also defense (which is clearly the best kind of offense) on a super-mobile character with an awesome Monkey King fan. I only wish I had the faintest chance in hell of ever seeing that fan to try it with.

As a long-time (Diablo II long-time) softie for archers...I want mah bow skills. Shrapnel Shot screams Point Blank, or at least experimenting therewith, and Siege Ballista may be my first attempt at an Ancestral Bond build. Seriously, though...that Shrapnel Shot is more enticing than it should be. Free megadeeps from Drillneck if I understand Drillneck correctly, and one of the rare skills that can handle both mobs and bosses well. Blast Rain I want to see in play (for more than a second :P) before I decide if I want to run it, but I'm already considering ways to try and make Shrapnel Shot murderous.

This frequent updating and expansion is one of the best parts of PoE, it really is. I know everybody gets all hot to trot over the temp leagues and fresh economies to ruin, but I'm here because this game is better than everything else I play at offering endless build tinkering options and ways to make something really cool and interesting. I can't trade worth a spit so I'm forever plebe, but I really don't care. Keep on a'going, Grinding Gears. I may duck out for a while, but I'm fairly sure I'll always be back.

You're definitely not alone in enjoying all the theorycrafting, new possibilities etc. It'll be fun to test the new stuff, and at a first glance the league seems to incorporate a lot of the best stuff: progression of loot, risk/reward, choice of facing content, rng involved (hate it or love it, its essential in a game like this), and hopefully unpredictable effects and dangerous enemies.
I've been having a mini break from POE (to reduce burnout) but I'll be back, as always, I'm looking forward to this! and I'm also really looking forward to black friday (hint hint lol).
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Nov 12, 2015, 9:11:21 PM
No guild love?

#sadface.
Loved every single bit of information.
#HYPETRAIN
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.” - Littlefinger
Lot of interesting stuff in this update. Could be very good if it's done properly, but the big question will be how well balanced everything ends up being.

Also Talisman sounds a bit too much like Beyond mobs which were probably the most annoying ones in the flashback race, so definitely some cause for concern there. On the other hand, there are at least a couple differences. First, sounds like it'll be somewhat easier to avoid engaging these mobs if you don't want to fight them or aren't ready for them yet. Secondly, there is at least some sort of definite reward for fighting them. No guarantee that the amulet will be GOOD, but at least you know you'll get one and can use it to upgrade to the next tier if nothing else.
Wow! This update looks amazing! I can't wait to play in Talisman league! HYPE!
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
No mention of the poison support gem? :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info