[2.0] Ice Burn : Burning Ice Crash, double Catalyst/Curse

Hello All,

First things first : it is the first time i post a build and even a so long post on this forum.

Here is the build i've been playing for a while now and with which i'm having great fun ! I re-started the game with 2.0 and wanted to make a new infernal blow fire templar. Both nerf of infernal blow and melee splash made it difficult and hence i went other (akward) ways....

The base idea of this build is to deal as much fire damage as possible in order to focus on a single damage type and make the scaling easier and more efficient :

1- I use a high Base damage skill with AOE so that i don't have to use melee splash. Ice Crash
2- Due to the combo of Avatar of Fire an pyre I deal 100% fire damage.
3- Double Doryani's : 200% increased elemental and 0.4% LL. And bonus due to Dual Wielding
4- Huge boost due to WED : 59% more damage on my whole melee damage
5- This gives nice hits at 20K fire damage (average) who benefit at 100% from fire penatration and Flammability --> 83% fire resist penetration
6- HOA : Since i don't critik HOA is the main source of burning. The overkill mechanic is perfect with the build mechanics and burning damage benefit fully from the increased elemental damage from doryanis, and, of course of the elemental proliferation of Doryanis Catalist.

Advantages :

Spoiler
- Good damage output
- Quite cheap (doing quite easily tier 11/12 maps with a 5L)
- Good defence and life
- Good clear speed
- Nice ability to burn due to HOA and Doryanis Proliferation

Drawbacks :

Spoiler
- No defence mechanic (MOM, Lighting coil, AA...)
- No block (15%...), no evade, no dodge (exept Vaal Grace)
- No curse maps are painfull.
- Mana can be tricky, u should always be under rallying cry buff. (linked to increased duration)
- Very classical gameplay (leap slam, crash, rallying cry, flammability, leap slam, crash....)
- Elemental Reflects map are almost forbidden for me.

In order to double curse i use a simple windscream, which feet ( ah ah great joke) very well in the build. For optimisation i'd love to get a corrupted amulet with+1 curse and replace windscream with high life / armour boots.
I use a Leap slap / fortify / COH / Warlord to move form pack to pack and apply Warlord.

Flammability is cast manualy and i have another warlord linked to CWDT in order to refresh it without having to leap again. (Although it's always a good idea to refresh fortify).

I play blood rage since its one of my main source of att speed and also gives frenzy. The life degen is perfeclty balanced with phys reduction and life regen.
Rallying cry : Its a very efficient way to regen mana and to gain some damage bonus. Linked to increased duration.

For difficult situation (lag due to strongbox opening, hug packs, bosses...) i use a vaal grace.
I also tried recently a vaal haste linked to increased duration in order to accelerate clear speed and bosst damage output.

5L Set up

Spoiler

Gem Setup :

Spoiler

Chest

Spoiler

Boots
Spoiler

Main hand
Spoiler

Helmet
Spoiler

Screnn shots

Defence :

Unbuff :

Spoiler

Buffed : (without granite)

Spoiler

As u can see the damage reduction is not that high considering 5 endu charge and chaos golem. I really lake better armour stuff (chest / gloves / boots).
Refreshing the fortify buff is very important. I used to play with artic armour instead of hatred. The damage output was still ok, and i guess i gained some survivability but its hard to mesure.

Offence

unbuff :

Spoiler

Buffed

Spoiler

The figures here are misleading. you should add on this both fire penetration and flammability. Alsmost every mobs under flammability become "vulnerable to fire". Which mean the fire resist is under 0. On this you can add the fire penetration. I'm not very good at math in poe but i believe the damage outpu is far greater than the display and a 6L could push it higher.
I choosed to go for resolute technique altough doryani's are a good basis for crit build. But the the investemen on the tree would have been to high to get enough crit and hit chances.

Still i believe that with high level gear and a little adapation (romira's) you could reach a honorable crit chance.

Skill Tree :

6L setup

Spoiler

Got my 6L !

I had many choices and did test those :

- Life leech : Safe but boring
- LGOH : Same
- Conc Effect : Huge dps tooltip, but very little AOE
- Increased AO : Screen burst
- Cold to fire : Nice damage boost for very low cost.

Of course i choosed Increase AOE !

The new cost of the skill made me rethink the tree :

I did invest some points in skill cost reduction and mana.

New Gem setup for the chest

Spoiler

Screen

Defence without charges

Defence with Charges (without granite)

Offence unbuff

Offence buffed

I started with a templar but Marauder can do as well and perhaps better if you go for blood magic in the sixth socket.
For further level (i plan 95/96 no more), i will get the last jewel spot or the crit reduction.

Bandit :

This character i old so i cant remenber but for sure you have +1 frenzy.

Gear :

5L Gear

Spoiler

6L Gear

Spoiler

Optimization :

Helmet : Better rolled
Gloves : More att speed, more armoour, and if i ever could a voirici mod for increased LL speed.
Boots : High armour / life boots with chaos res.
Amulet : +1 curse rashklador's patience to replace windsecream and benefit from +20% duration.
Ring 1 : Better rolled pyre
Ring 2 : more life

Jewels :

I 'd like to adda mantra of flame since i have always 4/6 buffs running.

- Hatred / HoA
- Chaos golem
- BR.
- fortify
- Rallying cry.

And you can add : Vall grace, moltenshell.

The damage boost is really nice but for now i choosed to invest in life.

The best stats to search for are : Life / att speed.
I'd also like to test some stun duration.

Pots

Spoiler

Video
Spoiler

Precinct

Usually the second slot is granit, but depending on the map i can swith it for one the elemental flask with a armour bonus on it.

Here you are !

I'm sorry for :

- My English,
- My poor using of the forum mechanics to post (image link and spoler...)
- The abscence of video. I'll try to manage something, but linking an image was already a trial for me.

Last edited by Zegflop on Nov 21, 2015, 6:56:42 AM
Updated with :

- Many comestic correction
- Correct display of the screen-shots
- Making it easier to read.

Incoming : Video.
Updated with 6L
Working on a video....
updated with a video (Sorry for the horrible quality, couldn't manage better)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info