[2.0] Iron Will Firestorm | Hipstorm | Self-found viable | Cheap | Beginner friendly | Atziri Viable

Welcome to the best Path of Exile build in Path of Exile. Are you tired of facerolling Core Malachai and Uber Atziri? Well you will be exhausted after you play this build because this is even more devastating.This build can be done self-found and has a lot of room to get strong and push through high tier maps.

Pros:
Spoiler
- Very cheap and has lots of room to grow
- Fun to play
- You can laugh at Whispering Ice for not choosing Firestorm
- You will be a hipster

Cons:
Spoiler

- You will need a 5l +2 staff for maps (Flora's gift)
- You will need Vagan's blood magic mod to run higher maps
- Damage may seem underwhelming in parties at times

Gem setup:
Spoiler

For the gem setup, I went with Concentrated Effect, Fire penetration, Iron Will, and Spell Echo.

The reason I went with concentrated effect as a permanent link instead of as swap is because in the skill tree I got a lot of AoE nodes and since Firestorm would deal less damage per cast with a lot of AoE I balanced it out conc effect so I can gain a lot of damage with it on and not miss out on too much AoE.

If I were to get a 6l, I would probably use empower if I had a +3 staff because with the Paragon's affix, Empower would also get an extra level on top of all the other skill gems getting the +1 so even if it was a lvl 1 or 2 empower I can still hit lvl 24 or 25 on Firestorm. If a +3 isn't available, I would go for faster casting until level 3 empower/+3 staff is available

Gear:
Spoiler

Since I am playing self found, My gear isn't that great but it is good enough for me to run maps and clear at consistent speeds

This is the current staff I'm using and I got it by farming Tropical Island for Flora's gift and alt spamming for +2 then regaled for the rest of the stats. Although I don't have blood magic crafted yet, I've been using a mana flask to solve mana issues until then but I won't be able to go through high maps until I get BM so I can start using Arctic Armour and probably a herald.

For a belt, you want to look for something with at least 75+ strength or fire variant of Doryani's Invitation. It's very easy to get a lot of strength on heavy belts so if you can craft a decent 75+ strength with some resistances and life (75 str 37.5 life), I would recommend using that otherwise Doryani's Invitation would probably be superior.

For amulets, Amber amulets are the best choice because of the implicit strength. The mods you want to look for on these amulets are: Strength, Life, Spell Damage, Resistances (If you aren't capped), Cast speed , or Fire damage. An alternative option is just going for an astramentis with at least 100 to all attributes (Implicit + Explicit)

For gloves and helm, Try looking for strength, armor, life, or resistances (if you aren't capped)

For boots, I recommend going for Blood Dance because of the frenzy charge generation and life regen but if you aren't a fan of those, try going for rare boots with movement speed, life, strength, or resistances (if you aren't capped)

For rings, try going for strength, fire damage, cast speed, life , and resistances.

If you are looking to get BiS gear, I recommend Kaom's Heart (non-legacy) for the fire damage and huge life boost, Alpha's howl (If you are going for the Iron Reflexes tree), a +3 staff with Blood magic, strength, cast speed, and fire damage. Astramentis, for the huge stat boosts.

Jewels:
Spoiler
For jewels, depending on which tree you go with, you will need brawn, efficient training,and inertia. For rare jewels, look for area damage, fire damage, spell damage , cast speed , cast speed with staves, or life

Tree:
Spoiler
For the skill tree, there are 2 options, one that focuses on auras and the other which focuses on damage

Aura:
Spoiler

For this, Place Inertia at the Golem's Blood jewel socket, efficient training near Celestial judgement, and brawn in any of the other available jewel sockets as with the other rare jewels.
http://poeurl.com/zDybYva

Damage:

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill
Merciless: Kill

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below or PM asdhapc in game or in my inbox and I will try to answer as much as I can.

I will also update this build guide if I get any upgrades/improvements

Credit goes to testmorti for the damage oriented tree and pictures that are in this post.
Last edited by whiteisla on Nov 8, 2015, 2:56:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info