[2.0] Mjloner Tanky Discharge LowLife 100K DPS 8.5K ES (+can 100 IIR)

Welcome to the guide! (this is an old screen btw)

Change log

07.11.15 - Created Thread
18.11.15 - Changed title to be more unambiguous, updated FAQ and description
21.11.15 - minor text changes

If you are searching for a funny build that:
- is strong (also literally)
- does what Thor does
- utilises your 200-300ex+ account
- converts FPS to DPS
- uses many (complicated) game mechanics
- does well in end-game maps
- can reach lvl 100
- can be runned with little MF (100 IIR)
- will take you out of boredom of standard league

thats the right one.

Cons
- -17% movement if you choose Lioneye's Boots version
- this build sucks at pvp
-

My version assumptions:
- obvious: BM, Pain Att + Ghost Reaver
- RT, VP + if you want to use 100 IIR boots -> US
- no RF (you can actually with flask + aura and/or shield but use at your own risk - you cant sustain it forever)

This version is apparently very similiar to Thors Rainbownuke

Stats (on Lioeyes Boots version)

Max Charges: 4 power 3 endurance
Current attack speed is 4.9, not 3.7 as on the screen
Current ES:

Playstyle

while(true)
{
  if(pack.monsterAmount() > 1)
    useSkill().LeapSlam(pack.middle());
  else
  {
    moveTo(middle_of_the_pack);
    useSkill().MoltenStrike();
  }
}

Double Torture Chamber is brainless easy. The fact that there are 2 targets and many more summons only increases damage. (The laser beam needs much more time to kill you)
Standard rules for juking Dominus Touch of God and Vaal smash apply. If you dont see much due to Discharge use LS and attack from distance like I do.
Crematorium Fire Fury - pop ruby flask and its K. You might need to do 2-4 attempts on harder maps cuz her's dmg increases over time and this build needs to stay in one place in order to deal dmg
Academy boss is the thoughest of all. I am currently avoiding him. Anti-curse flask is must-have but even with it tornadoes deal Physical DoT which is worse than chaos for this build.
Merveil: swap shav's ring to dream fragments (the freeze is hard)
Pop flasks before strongboxes and check if chaos golem still lives. Watch out for shocking ground, curse on open and spikes-on-death combos

What 2.0.0 update changed

I had been playing this build for a fairly long time.
I started it after 1.3.0 (Sacrifice of the vaal) when LL Ele Spect was the most unbalanced build ever.
The Awakening was a really big update, which changed some of the mechanics that this build utilises.
It took me some time to aquire new jewels and make new tree but finally I decided to post guide.

Blood rage
No longer grants 40% IAS on Low Life, instead granting up to 20% IAS for everyone. Degen is now based on both Life and Energy Shield, and deals Physical damage instead of Chaos damage
The Blood magic support trick also no longer works, so it is huge nerf to attack speed.

I stopped using BR; tree after 2.0.0 takes more aps than before to compensate that.

Mjloner change
Chance to cast spells has been reduced from 50% to 30%. I have now legacy version!
Base attack speed has been increased from 1.05 to 1.15 (this covered all gavels, also existing ones).
The change was intended to nerf Mjloner's dmg, however they gave back some aps to improve RNG-rolling over time.
Therefore legacy versions got slightly buffed and new versions are 34% weaker than pre-2.0.0
math

Chance/s
pre-2.0.0: 1.05 * 0.5 = 0.525
new: 1.15 * 0.3 = 0.345
legacy: 1.15 * 0.575 = 0.575

comparition
new vs pre-2.0.0: 1 - 0.345/0.525 = -34%
legacy buff: 1 - 0.575/0.525 = 9.5%

Immortal call
Consuming endurance charges now grants increased duration, instead of upping the base duration. The Base Duration has been increased from 250ms to 400ms. The Cooldown has been increased from 500ms to 3 seconds. The Quality now grants 2% increased cast speed per Quality.
I am still using it, it still does good against spikes-on-death packs and can avoid Big vaal fallen/giant skeletons combos, however I am considering leaving it and relying only on granite flask.

Reduced mana
No longer decreases amount of reserved mana. Most aura's reservation costs have been reduced.
This actually made no change except that now we can save few sockets.
more info

GGG wanted to allow life based builds to maintain more auras, and there were too many LL builds drawing their's strength just because ES nodes are well-placed all around on the tree and they took almost all aura nodes.
So in short, every build no longer needs red mana, but life builds can maintain many auras easier.

Leech changes
All existing leech has been reduced by 80% of its value. New Vaal Pact no longer has penalty.
Leech gem nerfed only by 50%.They also changed how it works against packs. (I suggest to read whole wiki article)

Since I had been playing this build on VP from the beginning the only change is halfed leech gem. We still leech instantly so we dont have to care about formulas.

Jewels
That's the place to make this build good as it was earlier.
The jewels that I choose are:
clear mind + energy from within

Tree + lvling + bandits

current tree at 96
planned for 97 (removed one templar spell dmg and one ES node to take Celestial Punishment)

I assume that if you can afford this build, you will know how to take skills or mb even make your own adjustments to the tree.
Bandits:
norm: kill all
cruel: help kraityn (+8% aps)
mer: help Alira (+1 max power charge)

Lvling is a pain the the ass. This build just dont work until you can wield Mjloner. I used to lvl up with facebreaker cuz it always works. Lvls from 50 to 70 - party only

Must-have uniques

Mjloner ofc
Shavronne's (well there is Lorica but then there is no ES...)
Voll's Devotion (well not rly must-have but its 50% of the DPS)
Romira's Banquet
Meginord's Vise (if you need 100 str; it's necessary on low lvl to equip Mjloner)

Useful uniques

if you need str
if you want leech + str
if you want to spend 7 points on the tree to grab US and play with 100 IIR
if you want to save 7 points on the tree
for Merveil
just for cheap ES

Headhunter str + just OP passive
Perandus Signethadn't tested but would be up to twice as good as ES from shav's ring

Links and Gear

Basically you can replace all non-must-have uniques with rares, preferably attack speed on gloves and spell dmg on shield. I use my shld because I dropped it in ambush league and Vertex because lvl 24 Discipline (max 26) is huge ES boost.

RRRRGB

RRRGBB

Molten Strike - life gain on hit - multistrike - GMP - CoH - Warlord's Mark / Ele weakness

Arc - Discharge - Leech Note that order here matters

Leap Slamp - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Empower - Enlighten - Discipline - Summon Chaos Golem

all 4 purities

AA - CWDT - IC - wrath

Rest of the gear:

Jewels:
Clear Mind (in templar side) - its just awesome for LL BM
Energy from Within (scion-shadow socket) - ES boost
Inertia (shadow-ranger socket) - converts dex to str, since I use rare gloves I need it

Flasks

If you choose Lioneye's Boots quicksilver is necessary. You also need:
- anti-bleed on one of the resists flasks
- anti-curse for strongboxes and Academy boss/nemesis hex
- anti-freeze

DPS

Single Target
Its hard to count exact DPS because I don't know how many times (average) Molten Strike hits
Each nuke (with average 5 charges) does 8K dmg.
My aps is 3.7, and each attack has 8 chances to hit (7 balls + base hit)
For this calculation I assume its 3.5 hits on average attack on a single target and that enemy is shocked (which always accurs)
3.7 * 3.5 * 0.5 * 8000 * 1.5 = ~77700

Multi Target
Just jump using leap slam into pack.
The whole process of romira+mjloner+discharge+volls repeats in no time.

Note: due to VP and 80% resists we are immune to reflect

Don't forget about Arc - while it's only around 10000 it does the hard job of shocking enemies
Charges

Romira's Banquet gives you 1 power charge (always, since we take RT you never crit)
Arc (casted 1st) gives another power charge.
Discharge is always casted with ≥2 power charges.

2nd proc:
After 1st, Voll's Devotion gives ≥2 endurance charges, and like 1st proc now its casted wih 2+2 charges

3rd and next procs:
Discharge will be casted with at least 2p + 2e, sometimes it will be 3+3 due to fact that Mj has 30/50% chance

FPS

Always jump out of strongbox, as explained in playstyle.
Jumping and/or staying in bad position (not reaching) "allies cannot die" totem or monsters packs can disconnect you and/or nearby party members

Why Molten Strike

This skill has fairly the best AoE vs Single Target DPS (with GMP each attack fires 7 balls + base hit). Other skills that are also good are: Cyclone and Lightning Strike.

Molten is the best for single target dmg, but I use LS on fracture maps cuz it hits far away targets. If you like cyclone use it. (you can also remove then US and play with wondertrap).
Anyway sometimes you will need to swap to molten for some bosses.

Note: Mjloner doesn't work exactly like CoC, Mj has no cooldown (see wiki) - thats why molten is used here but not by CoC builds

Note: quality on LS adds pierce to it's projectiles - this strongly reduces Mjloner's +1 chain bonus and therefore should be avoided

FAQ

Is RF viable?
I currently dont have Phoenix shield, but I am sure about:
- with optimistic purity and shield: 92% res (depending on max HP vs ES ratio) degen is ~8% - 8.5% - you wont survive just on shavs ring and 4% degen is huge
- you will need more that just 1 ruby flask
- it will be more DPS less tankiness

Why no crit?
- I dont have an acuity yet
- I doubt what would be chance to hit without RT
- You would neeed to many well rolled items and jewels and passives to make it work
- IMO crit LL CoC are better (they can go regen, have more ES and no Mjloner makes more choices on tree)

Maps

There are only few combinations you want to avoid
Reflect + -resists (obvious)
Reflect + shocking ground (you can enter but must be very careful)
-resists + bosses like Fire Fury (Crematorium)
-resists + beyond (be careful, some demons are tricky)

I still think this build has room for optimalisations, I would be happy to see any new ideas.
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
Last edited by Xeverous on Feb 23, 2016, 8:24:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info