Templar High LS DPS.

Hello Guys,

this should be a small guide to new players and for "pro-players" i hope they can help me.
I am currenty at lvl 64 1300 dps Lightning Strike and 3100 dps with Glacial Hammer.

Acutally i am not sure if thats high or not. But the dmg is pretty okay. Since LS's DMG ist depending from the Weapons dps, you have to find or buy a Weapon which has huge dps from start.
Aswell LS is supported by Elemental Weapon Gem%, Melee Physical% Gem or Added Chaos/Fire Gems.

Meaning if you find a 6L Chest you will have way more dmg then i do. Cause you link so many support gems that rises your dps. Same thing for Glacial Hammer.

Alright. I ve got a feeling that my Templar ist dieing very quickly. If i am in a party everything is fine. Cause People are tanking for me and the Auras making me Stronger.

My current skillbuild http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEszKJV-J35ew4GjinhJBVwBrkrd7BZp6plXB9T32AVhoyUWD60jbp42odFEw1KMXzvo9GWfOsqnKpfNn3Mift890ZLtSPud3yL-8O51JUSV8_-OtBqhRxDjw6UoZgVgRhUjIJYIhVqZe0rLootQVbi4zhc-0gRtddxt3zYG22hn1TKU-Cmw==

I am open for suggestions, but for the NEW Templar players. This build works and its funny.

If there interest i can post my Armour/Weapons and Gems.

This is my Weapon
Last edited by Go0olem on Feb 15, 2013, 7:20:23 AM
bump
what armor type are you going? I noticed you skipped over all the body and soul nodes, and only got the 3 cluster of armor.

I myself prefer the chain armor type, mostly because I find a double amount of defense is always better. a balance if you will.

energy shield you can always think of is an extended health pool that will quickly regenerate if you avoid taking damage. I also noticed you were taking the shield nodes, which tells me you might be running tempest shield, if you arent, you should really look into getting it. very nice ability, especially since it adds an extra 4% which can make a difference when you have a lot of shield block already.

now your getting a lot of physical damage nodes and I think thats a bit of a waste for now, they should be obtained later on. those points could be spent on the body and soul nodes. especially if your getting chain gear. especially since they grant +10% resistance to all.

also that 18% of lighting damage will help a ton especially if you are using tempest shield, and if you happen to have wrath as well. the higher your lighting damage, the longer those shock charges last. and if you get elemental proliferation on your lighting strikes, you'll be dominating those large packs easily.

you should really leave out elemental adaptation until you are actually over the cap. you havnt gotten many elemental resistance nodes, so I doubt your over the cap, and that just raises it. so the point there isnt helping you at all at the moment. once you've reached the cap is when you should invest into it.

take a look around the templar pages and look for what i've replied to, alot of people have commented on how much i've helped them and maybe you can find inspiration there too. good luck with your games
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
First. What are Chain Armors?

Yes i skipped some of them, just cause i dont have the feeling that i am dieing to melee dmg. Its more that i always die to Chaos dmg.

I might play to go for Eldritch Battery(converts all ES to MANA) running with discipline.

Yes i am playing with tempest shield, true =). THere are is my second question. I only got 250 dps on my Tempest shield.

How can i rise that one up. And what do you think is the Limit?

Well i am at Lightning/Cold 80%+ resistance. Fire is acutally at 32. Its just bad luck with the items.

By the way here my current chest.
My lightning Strike is linked with it,
And here my Helm. My glacial Hammer is linked with that one.

Many many thanks for you help and reply.

Looking forward to hear more suggestions.
GGG has been very good with their gear and themeing them. so if you noticed, all pure str gear will be a "plate" armor, all str/int gear will be "chain or Chainmail" armor, and all "str/dex" gear will be "scaled" armor

so when I say chain gear, im takling about str/int requirements. this will also have a higher probability of getting red and blue sockets, with green being a low chance, but still possible.

Tempest shield is a spell ability, the dps value on it means nothing because its the damage it'll do per second, but it doesnt fire off every second, let alone can be predicted, to know its damage, you just simply gotta look at the value of it's damage. what you can do to improve it's damage is any support gems that affects spells and are not based off projectiles. so one great thing you can do is add iron will, this will apply your str's physical melee damage bonus to this ability, not to mention it doesnt have a cost multiplier on it either so its a free buff. you could also add cold or lighting damage to it to increase it's damage, add fire seems odd since I have tired it and it worked, but since it's damage is based off the physical damage, it shouldnt be possible since tempest shield doesnt have any physical damage on it.

also auras such as anger and wrath will also apply though I dont believe hatred will for the same reason why added fire damage shouldnt either.

lighting penetration could also work, along with reduce it's mana cost, mana leech could be interesting if your able to bring the ability's damage up to over 100 damage, that way you're effectivly gaining about 1-4 mana per block as well.

also increasing your block chance as much as possible will also increase the damage this will do cuz it will proc more often.

I personally am not a fan of EB mostly because energy shields provide such a great defense.
1. it gives you a 50% stun buffer, making it so that the percentage of damage compared to your max health is the stun chance you'll have.
2. it quickly recharges after your been undamaged so once your energy shield depletes, you can run out of combat wait a few seconds and then your back up ready to fight again. where as if you removed it, you only have your health and you'll have to manage that with your flasks and leech life to keep you alive.
3. you can treat it like an extension of your own health pool and its a buffer before you get hurt. plus your armor will still reduce the damage.
4. auras that take % of your mana will still affect it no different and those are the ones you probably want the most.

I personally think that EB is best used for casters and rangers who can kite their enemy and wont require it as a defensive tool.

the only positives to EB is that since your mana pool will be bigger, you'll have a much higher mana regeneration and thus you can spam skills more frequently, having less down time, and your able to get the flat mana cost auras without having to hinder your mana pool by too much. but the amount of positives is very minor compared to the positives of having an energy shield.

also you have very expensive abilities, that are unnesscary, like greater multiple projectile, thats just over kill, your making your ability cost so much more and reducing you projectile damage by so much that they're doing such little damage, and then im sure not all of those strikes are doing much and missing. instead go with a Lesser multiple projectile and also find a pierce or a higher quality gem, this way your still getting the same amount of coverage, but you'll be going through enemies, clearing large amounts of mobs better, and doing it with more damage, and less cost as well.

also the elemental weapon damage is far inferior to the melee physical damage since the elemental weapon damage only applies its bonus to half the attack's damage, while melee physical damage will apply to all of the damage. the only time elemental weapon damage gem does better is if you have a ton of flat elemental damage adders like added lighting, added cold, wrath, and anger. and of course any elemental damage you have on that weapon. otherwise, this is just costing you a ton of mana for less damage compared to melee physical damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info