[2.3] Beginner-friendly Easy-Peasy Arc Caster

Hey dude I am still a noob at poe but looking at inquisitor ascendancy looks like there is a way to go for awsome arc stuff, maybe with some crit power charge wich are close to your tree? Would love to hear your opinion on this cuz it's may be my new char for ascendancy release :D
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
heya cyzax, well i've been a full out mele only solo none trade player since the start of poe since closed beta testing to now, so far i'm likeing your build slowly working my way but tempted to melee lol.

now lvl 34 and still doing good but starting to get a bit to cocky for my own good lol havent died yet.

Glad you like it :-p

It is way too easy to get overconfident with this build, since it doesn't require much more than you pressing the fire button. This works more or less up until A3M where you have to start being a bit careful.
"
Svink wrote:
Hey dude I am still a noob at poe but looking at inquisitor ascendancy looks like there is a way to go for awsome arc stuff, maybe with some crit power charge wich are close to your tree? Would love to hear your opinion on this cuz it's may be my new char for ascendancy release :D

I haven't actually looked seriously on Ascendancy yet, but Inquisitor looks like a very good option.

Also note that this build can quite easily be modified to be either Witch or Scion, so you have those Ascendancy classes as well. I think Witch-Occultist deserves a look.

hey cyzax, if i wanted to could i switch out arc for other skill's like spark, glacil spike, or others, if so what would i do about lightning damage nods i know i'm a pain lol.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
hey cyzax, if i wanted to could i switch out arc for other skill's like spark, glacil spike, or others, if so what would i do about lightning damage nods i know i'm a pain lol.

It would be pretty easy to slot in any of the other elemental damage type spells instead as this build doesn't have a great deal of lightning specific skill points allocated.

The Celestial wheel on the left can be adjusted for all three types, with the Walker wheel near the Witch staring point being the same.
The lightning wheel on top has similar fire and cold wheels on either side.
That leaves the Storm Weaver cluster which can be adjusted for cold, but not fire, but there is the Explosive Impact cluster just next to it for that.

However... The skill tree is optimised to generate the Mana Arc needs, which is quite a lot. Depending on what other skill you choose, you may have to adjust the build for this.

Now all that being said, the main reason I chose Arc for this build is that it is a build mostly for newer players, and Arc is so easy to use. It is also (IMHO) one of the best elemental skills when you don't have great amount of currency to sink into a build.

Good luck with whatever you try, and if you find some other combination you like, please drop a note :-)
ok thanks cyzax and i sure will if i find something better (arc rocks lol)
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Is the build going to be updated for 2.2?
"
bida2 wrote:
Is the build going to be updated for 2.2?

When I get some more time, I'll take a closer look, but for now I've put in my initial thoughts in the second post :-)

The full build skill tree in the main post is updated, and I'll update the progression skill trees as soon as I get the time.

Short version... The build is still viable as I see it without any big changes.
Last edited by Cyzax on Mar 7, 2016, 2:45:03 PM
Progression skill trees updated :-)
I made another beginner build if anyone should be interested :-)

That one use the Witch as base, but can also be made with a Templar without other changes than the skill progression.

It is a dual-totem build, using Ice Nova to freeze and shatter just about everything.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1638813

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info