[2.0]Order of the Frozen Sky - CI/Whispering Ice CWDT Ice Storm/Ice Nova/Shock Nova Auto Caster

Disclaimer

This build is just for fun and you will die playing it. This current build is not designed for Hardcore leagues or high tier maps when playing solo.
If your Summon Skeleton's die within 0.6 seconds your Heartbound Loop will start spawning skeleton's at double the rate proccing every 0.6 seconds with 1540 physical damage. This can be stopped with a Granite Flask for normal play but combined with high mob damage it can be annoying and very fatal.
You will always be dealing damage to yourself which is countered by having life leech from alot of sources but you have 0 physical defense so high end maps become very brutal.

Build Description:
I call this build "Order of the frozen sky" because it cast's Ice Storm almost non stop like the Bloodline's Mod.
Once started this build will cast perpetually with Ice Storm, Ice Nova, Shock Nova, Firestorm and Dual Curses along with Skeleton's that keep it all going from Heartbound Loop ring.
1 set of Ice Storm, Ice Nova and Shock Nova will cast every 1.2 seconds, Ice Storm will last 2.25 second's (supported by Crit Damage in 5l Staff)
1 set of Ice Nova, Shock Nova and Firestorm will cast every 1.8 second's
1 set of Ice Nova and Shock Nova will cast every 1.8 second's
All skill's are supported by Life Leech
I have 2 skill's I can activate when required which are Blood Rage and Vaal Discipline.

Curses:
The character will cast both Assassin's Mark and Warlord's Mark (or other gem of your choice)
These will be cast roughly every 0.6 or 1.2 second's depending on your preference.

Weapon Swap Potential:
I have max Power, Endurance and Frenzy charges over 90% of the time which I can take advantage of by having Discharge on weapon swap supported by Cast When Damage Taken in either a staff or other setup. I also think a single target setup on weapon swap would be very helpful but haven't tested anything just yet.

Jungle Valley map with boss kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5B9f_Q_jhU
This video was early in my testing and was done with 1 lower level CWDT then I currently use, less skill gem's and no Shavronne's Revelation ring.

For people unfamiliar with The Whispering Ice Staff or Army of Bone's Jewel here is a preview

Gearing Information

Aura's

Discipline, Vitality and Herald of Lightning are what I currently use.

Body Armour

I run a 5l Vaal Regalia (6l is obviously ideal) I recommend around 600+ ES with dual resist.
none of the current unique chest pieces are worth using with this build.

My Current Chest

Jewelry

A Heartbound Loop ring is required, Life Regen is the only roll you should look for on this.

Shavronne's Revelation (Anarchy/Onslaught Unique Ring) is not 100% required but will put you close to or above mitigating all damage you deal to youself with a 0.6 seconds skeleton setup

A rare ring with Intelligence dual res and ES is desirable for your second slot if you don't have Shavronne's Revelation ring.

An Amulet with Crit chance/Multi or spell damage along with required resist/ES roll's will probably be best in end game. but just aiming for required stat's/resists and ES is fine.
Eye of Chayula is possible if u really want to avoid stun however it won't really matter because all of your damage is coming from Cast When Damage Taken with alot of life leech.

For a belt Dual Resist with Strength or Flask effect duration/charges gained along with an ES roll will be ideal or triple res with ES if required. Unique option's would be Bated Breathe, Headhunter, Maligaro's Restraint or Perandus Blazon if you can afford to give up this slot

Boots

I currently use a pair of rare boots with 30% move speed and dual resist with ES similiar to rainbow strides. An Intelligence roll is desirable also for rare boot's but not required. Rainbow Strides are the best unique option until you can get 30% m/s and dual res rare boots.

Gloves

I use Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves for up to 150% extra crit chance with another benefit of putting your damage aura here for +1 to gem.
You could get away with not running these gloves and using rare ES gloves instead if you needed to

Helmet

I use a Ylfeban's Trickery which is for the spell damage to all spells and chance for shocked ground to make boss killing quicker (it can proc from my heartbound loop at a rate of 5% per .6 second's alond with any other hit's I take)
A rare helmet with 300+ ES with 40+ intelligence and 1 resist would be a good option also, the intelligence roll will make Ice Storm's damage about the same as with a Ylfeban's Trickery and the overall higher ES on a rare helm or extra resist can be handy.
Example

Jewels

Ideally any 1 of your required jewels should have the corruption "Immune To Silence"
You will need 1 Fragile Bloom Jewel however this may not be required for all setup's (This jewel will be easiest to try corrupting as it has no roll variation)
You will need 5 Army of Bone's Jewel's, 4 with 20% Reduced Skeleton Duration and 1 with 17% or 3 with 20%, one with 19% and another with 18%, totalling 97% reduction.
With a skeleton duration of 20 second's and reducing it by 97% we have a skeleton duration of 0.6 Second's.

End Game Requirements Are:
Whispering Ice Staff

Heartbound Loop Ring

CI gear
Voidbringer Conjurer Glove's (Optional)

Bandit Reward's/Levelling Info

I recommend to level this build as a life based crit totem or spell caster such as Flame or Shockwave Totem, Lightning Tendril's, Storm Call, Firestorm etc. It will not really be a playable build until you are atleast level 80 to 85 in my opinion.
Bandit Information

Hardcore (Not Recommended for Hardcore)
Normal - Kill all and take skill point
Cruel - Kill all and take skill point
Merciless - Help Alira (+1 Power Charge), Killa Oak and Kraityn
Killing all 3 for the skill point is also viable if you want more flexiblity.

Standard
Normal - Kill All and take skill point
Cruel - Kill all and take skill point
Merciless - Help Alira (+1 Power Charges), Kill Kraityn and Oak
Killing all 3 for the skill point is also viable if you want more flexiblity.

My Gear

Weapon Swap

This swap setup is used for Casting Discharge and SRS when needed

Current 5WSC Race Event Gear

This is my current gear acquired by end of day 4 of this event

General Offensive/Defensive Stat's

(NEED TO UPDATE)
IGN - @Smokntumbleweed ~ Streaming @ twitch.tv/smokintumbleweed
Ignite Vortex Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735563
Brain Rattler 100% Fire Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1757390
My Loot Filter located @ bit.ly/poefilter
Last edited by SmokinTumbleWeed on Nov 21, 2015, 1:16:28 AM
Updated with first video
Ignite Vortex Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735563
Brain Rattler 100% Fire Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1757390
Last edited by SmokinTumbleWeed on Oct 26, 2015, 4:34:49 PM
Hey, very inventive build, I love it !
I also thought about using Ice Storm with CwDT but it was in a very different way, maybe I'll get to do it some day and post on the forums we'll see. But I'm glad someone else actually did this !

Just one question : wouldn't a lvl 1 CwDT work with Icestorm as it is a lvl 1 skill ? I never tried it myself I must admit.
"
Vadler wrote:

Just one question : wouldn't a lvl 1 CwDT work with Icestorm as it is a lvl 1 skill ? I never tried it myself I must admit.

Hey dude a level 1 CwDT would work with Icestorm (would become level 2 when placed in The Whispering Ice) but it would come along with the less damage modifier from the CwDT gem itself which is 4% less damage roughly per level. I aimed for having my skill's proc as quickly as they can with each tick of my Heartbound Loop while keeping as much damage as I could. This current setup seem's to work good but you could change them to suit yourself. Roughly every 0.6 seconds it will tick for 770 damage (which is 350 x 2 + 10% from Fragile Bloom Jewel)
Level 10(9+1) CwDT is 1354 damage to Proc Icestorm which is 2 ticks of Heartbound Loop so cast every 1.2 seconds with 34% less damage
Level 4 (3+1) CwDT is 725 damage and would proc Icestorm every 0.6 Seconds with 58% less damage
Last edited by SmokinTumbleWeed on Nov 3, 2015, 9:37:56 AM
than it seems that LV2 CWDT does the highest DPS, so just put a LV1/Q20 CWDT in the staff ,
I think
"
kazescar wrote:
than it seems that LV2 CWDT does the highest DPS, so just put a LV1/Q20 CWDT in the staff ,
I think

A lower or higher level CwDT can be used for all of the setup's depending on your preference's to proc ice storm, ice/shock nova more or less often. I'm currently testing a build with more jewels (2 or more Fragile bloom's for 10% damage taken each) which will shift the calculation's I choose to run. Being efficient with skill proc's per damage taken at whatever bracket you choose is the most important thing.
My main reason's for choosing a higher level Ice Storm is freeze damage/duration and life leech which probably isn't even required depending on what I'm trying to farm.

Well it's ture that high dmg is easily to freeze monsters,
One more things I wonder is when using the Heartbound Loop Ring and five 20% reduced skeleton duration, so the skeletons will disappear when you summon it. In this case, will the Heartbound Loop Ring works on skeletons disappear not death?
"
kazescar wrote:
One more things I wonder is when using the Heartbound Loop Ring and five 20% reduced skeleton duration, so the skeletons will disappear when you summon it. In this case, will the Heartbound Loop Ring works on skeletons disappear not death?

I am not sure what 100% reduced skeleton duration does but if they do cast and trigger heartbound loop it will probably not be maintainable. Currently I take 1150+ damage roughly every 0.6 seconds while my ES regen is only 900ish per second, if I lowered my skeleton duration I would need alot more ES regen.
"
"
kazescar wrote:

I am not sure what 100% reduced skeleton duration does but if they do cast and trigger heartbound loop it will probably not be maintainable. Currently I take 1150+ damage roughly every 0.6 seconds while my ES regen is only 900ish per second, if I lowered my skeleton duration I would need alot more ES regen.

hmm in fact, I'm thinking of self cast summon skeltons, not cast by CWDT, so when deal with the huge dmg boss, like the butcher or the Vaal, can self cast skeltons or cast by a totem?

I'm not very sure about the idea, kind of waiting for reset of the passive tree :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info