[2.1] 4+ Curse/ 3-5 Aura Ranger Support, Budget Version included! [SC]

Why no Lightning coil in the BOdy armour section? It's not even an option?
GG GGG
Yeah I forgot about it. I would say its interesting, because it might allow you to turn off Grace which opens up one more damage aura. Nevertheless its pretty expensive and the curse setup is most likely on dying breath again. Removes the flexibility of tabula as well and you won't be resicapped without running purity of lightning and you most likely want to be running it anyways (however it does lock you into it). However that does indeed allow you to still run Grace and become really tanky, but like I said the way I play and plan my build it isn't made for 95+. There are better builds for reaching 100 and most great chests would only be able to compete with tabula if they also have +1 socket gem when 6 linked and the cheapest variant for +1 6 link is still a tabula. However if you can farm that kind of 20+ ex currency to buy such chests go for it, its certainly gonna make you tanky as fuck.

Keep in mind that the following part is not the "core" of my build. Its what you can do after you spend ~3ex and got a high level with the build and want to invest more currency in it.
Now for my testing this week. I have made enough currency to buy a Enhance 4 and it has been interesting in maps so far.

Since I decided to stop trying for a level to much, I have been running 4 Damage Auras(Haste, Anger, Wrath, Hatred) in the beginning of the week in my tabula. It certainly helps a lot for low dps parties and till tier 8 you really don't need grace if you are doing a good job of cursing and got relatively good hp. I still feel like having my curse setup in the tabula is stronger, but the swapping of auras is also pretty nice. Don't forget you need Enlighten 2 or 3 to run this kind of setup. I guess it comes down to personal preference, however you can run more maps with curses in tabula since no regen is possible then. My Enlighten 3 sadly stayed on 3 and I decided to sell it for the Enhance 4 currency, however with Enlighten 3 you can run the 4 damage auras also in Dying Breath.

I also took two 5% life nodes away and specced into Avatar of Fire and Elemental Equlibrium. Which is a loss of around 200 life for me and you certainly notice that.

Now for the Enhance 4. Obviously I immediately recolored my gear to fit my curse setup back in the tabula for that +1 gem level. 32% Quality on all gems linked. Thats 56% slow on my temp chains and with curse effectiveness should be hitting the 75% cap. It does however remove 1 curse and right now as long as I can't recolor my Alphas Howl (vorici 8) I cant fit in 2 self cast curses on my build. Which means I have a potential of 5 curses and only use 4. Enlighten 5 is insane and I did Dual Boss Palace with Temp Chains and 4 additional Projectiles yesterday and it was pretty easy. Most people run some curse and most run ass mark so hitting the 5 curse limit worked out most of the time. Nevertheless I now want to 6 link the whispering Ice I got to try out how good chilled ground and 4 curse on hit curses are with enhance 5.

I think for February my goal is trying to clear some Core Maps, but so far my groups still shy away from those maps. Sadly I wont have much time in the next week, but I'll see what I can try out and hopefully 6 link the whispering ice.

The offer still stands if somebody wants to see the build in action, I am always open for some maps.
Last edited by Jindor452 on Jan 22, 2016, 8:23:34 AM
First :

I am ONLY level 68 now, this is the time of decision making.

I have 5 curses(2xdoedre's + windscream).
Setup :
staff - ball-coh-curse1-curse2-curse3
Body armour - ball-coh-curse4-curse5 ( or switch weapon if I put kaom's)
Helm - Grace-haste-discipline-purity of lightning
boots - Vaal haste- generosity- inc duration - golem(will soon be removed)
gloves - cwdt - IC - inc duration - Vaal Haste

Second :
I'm really concerned that I cannot survive high maps without more life. ATM I have UNDER 3000 LIFE !!!
Tabula is a NONO for me(HC player, and tabula is shit) , even if i have to:
a)6 link my staff or my chest.
b)set up 2 cursing ball lightning
ATM i have 5L staff only.(with 3 curses, no enlighten)

For 4th-5th curse I have to swap weapons or use the body armour. I hate that and it's slow.
I have a Kaom's but i don't like it because it has no sockets and the armour is very low.
Basically, I though that if I get a decent armour piece, I can put the second ball-curse-curse-curse there.
With Lightning coil I would get Awesome mitigation but HAVE TO run Purity of lightning(as u mentioned.. i already wanted to use it).

I feel like having all auras/all curses is really hard because u dont have enough sockets.

And finally,

These are the options i have and can't decide on them, maybe u got some thoughts on it :

1. Run Kaom's for extra life but only do 3 curses(4 if i 6L my staff), because switching weapons is bad and slow
2. Run Lightning coil cause of massive mitigation + a bit of life . Links used for a second cursing setup
3. Run a 1400 EV 100 life 100 resist chest i have (4 linked). Links used for a second cursing setup

Current gear :

GG GGG
Last edited by Iboga on Jan 22, 2016, 10:14:09 AM
GG GGG
Last edited by Iboga on Jan 22, 2016, 10:37:50 AM
I mean Hardcore with my build really really isnt advised. I never played hardcore, but as I said the whole build shines with me dieing every 2-3 days while mapping otherwise its just a half assed version of either a curser or an aurabot. Combing both takes away your defences like crazy, but makes it great as well.

Anyways I recommend going full curser like VOC or at least dropping the top right of the tree and get a lot more life.

Well let's try to fix some problems first of all drop the flame golem it only buffs your damage and is a wasted slot. I would also right now say drop your windscream, first of all its gonna be hard to keep up if you have everything on generosity with 10% movementspeed and 5 curses really isn't that strong if you are in risk of ripping all the time.
With 4 curses stuff is a lot more manageable as you could self cast the last curse (e.g. warlords since you dont need it all the time). Or pickup a whispering ice and cry over the lost bonus damage to allies, but at least have your curses work.

For the chests I am really the wrong person to ask. I would say for now use Kaom's and accept the losses you have through it. If that means only 3 curses, thats fine like I said 5 curses isnt all that great in my opinion if you can do a lot better stuff with the rest. Lightning Coil or rare chest also works, whatever you think helps you survive more easily and it would allow easier distribution of auras.

Now for the curses. Especially on hardcore run Temp Chains, Enfeeble all the time. Then vulnerability or ele weakness and self cast that warlord marks on bosses and dont worry too much about casting it on mobs.
Also take your time most of your gems are pretty lowlevel and especially grace makes a lot of your armor so just level them up. Instead of the Flame Golem slot you can pickup Phase Run if you got the skill duration nodes since you need it for vaal haste on generosity, unless you want to alternate between your two Vaal Hastes. Drop the other vaal haste and take vaal grace you are going to like the additional defence it gives you and given enough dps which your groups will have later on, you wont be needing two vaal hastes. With the boots dropped you can also get more life on the boots and all of your other gear as your resis are closer to cap. If you decide for a chest outside of Kaoms you can get your warlords mark going in that chest with blood magic and again just selfcast it, the cast speed on curses is fine enough for that and nobody really needs the lifeleech instantly before you go into really high level maps.

You dont need enlighten for curses, its for auras and even then dont worry about it. 6 Linking is probably a lot more important for you, since the whole build normally revolves around the easy 6 link access of tabula.
Last edited by Jindor452 on Jan 22, 2016, 1:16:46 PM
Hey. Curently at level 79.

KAOM's KAOM's KAOM's ... 191 Stregth. This build can't get that :D just got 1 30str node so i can get Warlord's mark to level 16.

You can check my gear in last post, I have no strength on them and at this point i don't have several more exalted for that.
So, i traded my Kaom's for Lightning Coil.
NOW, I have :
3600HP
16000 Armour 62% dmg reduction
32000 armour 77% dmg reduction with a Jade.
All capped resists (75 75 79).
Dunno how the math works, but Purity of Lightning(level17) gives me 65resist and 4% over the top. ME LIKE.

I have 2 ball lightning setups :
Staff - Enfeeble + Vulnerability + Elemental Weakness
Coil - Temp chains + Warlords mark

Maybe its not the perfect setup because i'd like to cast both tempchains and Enfeeble with the first ball but getting 3 or more blues on Coil is very hard.

Skilltree : I got all life early and left the top right part out. +2 jewels with 7% life

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQguDR8UdRVQFm8XLxhqGNsZihmOGo8c3B0UHaohYCP2JKoksCcLKPoppSpNNZI26TrhPCg_J0CgQYdGcUrITZJN41FMVdZW-lgHXhNfsGTnbqpvnnTtdPF313gveu985X1bfXWApILHgwmDtoTFhtGNfY8aj0aXBpuNm6GbtZy-o4qmV6cIrEe0DLXytz64k7vjwzrEospKytPTfti94Yjjauvu7YPuDu9O73ryRfba-ej60vsJ_gr-Sf6P_ro=?accountName=Iboga&characterName=MyDyingBreath

At the curent clearspeed of parties, my 2 vaal haste are always on so i didn't get the skill duration nodes(will do much later). I also have them both linked with inc duration and generosity. This is where i dropped the Golem. AT your advice, I added Vaal Grace in the 4th slot with cwdt setup.
Tier 6-7 maps are pretty easy. I just hope high maps don't wreck me.

After I reach the top right part of the tree, i think i can also run DISCIPLINE alongside haste grace and purity.
That is gonna give me around 1000 ES. Really cool buffer for our low life.

*For the Future* or *If I had alot of currency* or *The Best this build can get for HC*

These ^^ 3 will let me wear Kaom's and maybe get pushed to 5 - 5.5k life. But I don't even know if it's worth it, as Coil is the best mitigation armour there is.
BUY a 6Linked WHispering ice and get all 5 curses in 1 hit.

New high lightning gloves I had to buy so I can run Coil :

Rest, for anyone interested to see a HC setup :

And a few words about Jewels:
You want life. And that is kinda all u want. IF u don't have enough resists, get that.
Projectile speed is nice. I bought 2 jewels with 7%life+proj speed for 2c each in THC.
IF u think u have enough life(kinda impossible) there's Conqueror's potency and Conqueror's Efficiency for curses skill duration and more mana reduction.

@Jindor

Thanks for the ideea of the build, i really enjoy it. My friends list enjoys it more :D
Cheers.

GG GGG
Last edited by Iboga on Jan 24, 2016, 4:26:59 AM
Yeah totally forgot about the strength requirement of Kaom's. Yeah you wont be hitting that^^
Guide actually talks about needing str on the rare gear for warlords mark as well as life, but thats only since I updated it.

I would still say drop your fifth curse, but if its working out for you then thats also fine^^

3 Vaal Skills is stretching it quite far, if you like to min max you can take out vaal grace early till your vaal haste is up and then put it back in to gather souls for it, but still give your vaal haste a way earlier start. Alternatievly you can also leave it out for now, I also only used it in t8+, but like I said I am a softcore player and only play since warbands :/

Yeah discipline should give you around 900 ES and is also pretty recommended if you dont run any of the purites normally.

Again if you drop your fifth curse you can get a lot more life very easily. The Boots just aren't worth it.
There is also a Karui Ward Jade amulet with +1 curse that you can get on hardcore with no price (likely 1 ex). Proj Speed and more movement speed.

For your goals 6 link staff and self cast curse is what I've been doing and its working out perfectly well, but I am also gonna give Whispering Ice a try. On high end maps I rip more often to elemental damage so Kaoms/Belly of the Beast might still be better, but yeah Kaoms is hard to get to and limits with the sockets so severely. While Belly is just another ~500 hp. Check out _VOC_ guide he played a 6 curser with kaoms, which looks more like the direction you are going and is able to reach 100. Removes all auras though, but thats the tradeoff in hc you can really only go full on curses or auras or play some kind of hybrid thats not as great. In SC I can go full on both, but lose the defences and it still is fine due to SC.

I really like the idea with projectile speed on the jewels, will definitely also write it in the guide! Chaos resistance is also a nice get with 7% max life, but its expensive.

Glad you like it and can survive with it, didnt think that this was possible. I might give HC a try in some future league then.
Dead, 81. 1shot ny Mine Boss. Dunno why i did extra dmg+elemental weakness
GG GGG
When doing a build you shouldput all equipement together instead of having so much spoilers. It makes it clunky to have an overlook before reading it.
Changed a lot from the guide (Included Budget version and my now ~25+ ex version). Tried out tons of stuff. I think posting my items will explain best :D

Tried my hand at both 6 Link Quill Rain and 6 Link Whispering Ice. Opinion is in the rewritten Guide. Dying Breath feels better, but all of them have disadvantages and advantages. Victarios for me now is a clear must pickup after going for the budget version of the build. I regularly rip people to reflect. The mapping speed is so insane that people regularly leave the group since they cant keep up. My friend list expanded from ~15 to 36 people in around 1.5 weeks. My Alphas Howl allows a level 24 Vaal Haste with 23 Generosity and I also run Haste on Generosity. 5 Auras with the aura effectiveness = at least double dps of every character.
I buffed Iairwaves a shockwave totem character with GG gear on TSC to 1,7 million dps and it wasn't even yet 100% min maxed. Releveling gems right now for 21 gems.

Finally I now also am a part of the lucky people that chanced Skyforth!
Last edited by Jindor452 on Feb 10, 2016, 8:07:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info