[2.0] The Lazy Tanky Incinerate Marauder

If you're feeling lazy and you don't want to worry about your mana, or you don't want to worry about curses, or you don't want to worry about always keep your defenses up (endurance charges)... Well, you came to the right place :)

Warning: this Marauder is based on armor + Arctic Armour and use Blood Magic. If you do not agree with the use of a tank is better stop reading.

Warning 2: this time it seriously... There are more powerful build in terms of damage, but I think I've found the right balance between low cost, good defense and decent damage. I'm right or not? That is what you decide... Just to give you an idea. With this build yesterday I killed "Atziri" at the first attempt. I have not changed anything at all of my normal settings to achieve. I only set aside curses, for obvious reasons, in addition to 2 automated attacks. But Flask and incinerate remain intact... I died trying to kill Atziri? Of course, without knowing well the fight is hard not to die. But it was human error, not build problems.

First, this is my current equipment:
Spoiler

Any of these parts is imperative?... NO. All you really need is an armor with 5 links. Now, for the purposes of laziness is necessary "Daresso's Defiance". "Daresso's Defiance" always keep up your endurance charges, and if any enemy has the silly idea of believing that it is stronger than you, only will get activate your defenses or give you some extra speed and damage for a maximum of 5 seconds (Onslaught).
But it really is not necessary, nor is it necessary Saffell's Frame, nor any of the things I use. Maybe even you will benefit more with a shield with much more armor. It all depends on the situation...

OK, the important, STATS:

NORMAL DEFENSE
Spoiler

DEFENSE WITH ENDURANCE CHARGES
Spoiler

DEFENSE WITH ENDURANCE CHARGES + RUMI'S CONCOCTION (Granite Flask)
Spoiler

INCINERATE, my real setup
Spoiler

INCINERATE WITH LMP (I don't need this but...)
Spoiler

INCINERATE WITH FIRE GOLEM
Spoiler

INCINERATE WITH FIRE GOLEM + ONSLAUGHT
Spoiler

NOW the most important, the SKILL TREE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the interesting part, laziness:

It is known that if we want effectiveness we need curses. In this particular case we need Flammability. But why waste time cursing if we can do it automatically? Many times, when do it manually we are really wasting time cursing enemies was not worth cursing...
So it's better just to curse if I really need it? Of course, I'm Lazy, I don't need eternal curses, I just need curses when the enemy achieves hurt me. If an enemy is stubborn enough to not die in 1 second, or a flood of enemies throws me arrows or sticks or burning spit or whatevershit, then turn on my defenses and will be automatically cursed. For that we have the following:

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) --> Increased Duration (lvl 20) --> Flammability (lvl 5) --> Inmortal Call (lvl 3)

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 20) --> Flammability (lvl 20) --> FireStorm (lvl 20) --> Frost Wall (lvl 20)

As you can see, the last two gems of the second settings are not curses. FireStorm lvl 20 has a considerable amount of damage given our inclination for fire. Frost Wall keeps enemies away if they are put defiant.

But we have a third defensive configuration and equally important:

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 20) --> Increased Duration (lvl 20) --> Inmortal Call (lvl 20) --> VAAL MOLTEN SHELL (lvl 20)

Yes, Vaal Molten Shell, at the moment I don't remember exactly the time but are more or less 16 seconds extra armor and in our case more than 10 thousand points of damage if some clueless enemy attacks us. Obviously not an automatic skill, is manual and I personally use it in bosses. I'm not so lazy to not use it XD. Depending on our equipment, when used will give us around 7 - 10% extra armor. And do not forget that we are always using Arctic Armor. No photo considers the use of these additional defenses.

-------------------------------------------------

THE INCINERATE LINKS (if you do not put attention to the configuration that is in my armor... you lazy)

INCINERATE --> SPELL ECHO --> FASTER CASTING --> FIRE PENETRATION --> FASTER PROJECTILES

Believe me, you don't need LMP or GMP. If you don't believe me you can see any of the videos. I prefer more distance and more damage and if there are many enemies surrounding me all I have to do it is spin around in circles a couple of times and it's all.

--------------------------------------------------

FLASKS

This is what I use

We depend entirely on the Flasks and life regeneration. NO, our regeneration is so high that we have plenty of time to react and Corrupting Blood is not a problem, unless we are going through a serious case of laziness...
Elemental Reflect can be a problem but still I did not die by Reflect and I'm level 92 and I keep going up. The only type of map to avoid are those with Elemental Reflect and No Regeneration. Everything, absolutely everything else can be run without problem.

-----------------------------------------------

BANDITS

There really is no reason to tie anyone to a specific configuration. I personally chose life and then one more Endurance Charge. Please feel completely free to do what you like :) In this case and in my opinion no option is more good or more bad than others.

------------------------------------------------

What I can do if I don't have a Daresso's Defiance?

It is simple. You just have to cast manually Enduring Cry if you see that the situation could become dangerous.
I recommend forget FireStorm (previously mentioned). Leave that configuration with only 3 links in order to make room for Enduring Cry.

------------------------------------------------

NOTES:

- Near the beginning of the post I put my equipment, but if you did not see... In the shield I am using Arctic Armour --> Summon Flame Golem --> Enlighten

- You don't have Enlighten? No problem. We have more than 5.000 points of life and the reservation which makes "Arctic Armour" is only one hair on the tail.

- To fight Atziri, make sure to take off the 2 Flammability, Firestorm (we don't want accidentally hit the damn mirror), and Frost Wall (we don't want accidentally block our way).

- Someone said mobility?... Hey lazy, it's in my wand and you saw that: Lightning Warp --> Less Duration --> Faster Casting

- Why I have not mentioned "Slower Projectiles"?... Because it is not necessary. I repeat, yesterday I killed Atziri with the same configuration as seen here. Slower projectiles will give us more damage, but we have enough. And honestly I think it's better to have the difficult enemies distant rather than close. But, as always, it is up to you. I will not force anything. A guide should be seen as advice and not as set in stone.

- This is my first guide and I don't speak much English. If something seems confusing let me know. If any in my skill tree you don't like or believe that can be improved in some way, let me know :)

-------------------------------------------------

VIDEOS

Spoiler
Jungle Valley (Rush to the Boss)
- Temporal Chains
- 40% slower regeneration
- Mosters attack, cast and movement speed increased
- Monster with 2 power charges every 20 seconds
- Monsters skill chain
- Boss deal 30% more damage and attack 25% more faster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchGXCxriWs

-----------------------

Necropolis (Zana mission, lvl 75 and only boss fight)
- Monsters whit charges of every type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEmN9X_e3w

-----------------------

Terrace Double Boss fight in 22 seconds
- Shocking Ground
- Elemental Equilibrium (so I do less damage)
- Monster 30% more critical multiplier and 294% more critical chances
- Monster deal 77% extra damage as Fire
- Two Bosses XD
- Boss 30% more damage
- Boss 25% more attack and cast speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOjgNDBQg-8

------------------------

SHIPYARD, fun with monsters +80% fire resistance and No curses (Boss fight included)
- Vulnerability
- +80% Monsters Fire Resistance
- Monsters immune to Curses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwIJPsoGMpc

-------------------------

Arsenal, suicide Golem (Zana mission map lvl 74, just to show the defensive and attack capabilities of "Vaal Molten Shell" in this build).
- Inhabited by annimals
- Monsters with increased movement, attack and cast speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQqaElhflM8

-------------------------

BAZAAR, Double Boss (at the time I did not know I killed them, until minutes later)
Boss fight at 1:12 XD
- 22% more Magic Monsters
- Temporal Chains
- Monsters 30% more area of effect
- Monsters Reflect physical damage (lol)
- Monsters immune to curses
- Two Bosses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIDtkwtcLY

--------------------------

SPRINGS, a good RIP map.
I almost died because for some reason I could not use "Lightning Warp" (for about 2 seconds) at the entrance of the boss. Probably human failure, or maybe lag...
- 20% more monsters life
- 22% increased monsters Damage
- Monsters 81% extra damage as Fire
- monsters gain 2 frenzy charges every 20 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBC9usOVGbk

--------------------------------------------------

Later on more Videos... and I give you something to think about. As seen in the videos, my computer is a real shit. If with this computer I was able to kill Atziri, then you too can. Come on, don't be lazy.

:)
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Oct 23, 2015, 12:36:09 PM
RESERVED
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Added Shipyard video :)
ty for your guide. :)
Added a new video, but just for fun. Zana mission, Arsenal lvl 74 and a Suicide boss XD

Tomorrow a Springs video (I need time to upload) with nasty extra damage.
Added 2 new videos... Bazaar and Springs.

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info