The 7 main problems with HLD and how to fix them

"
Stop defending casters. They are still really really strong + ranged + have better cwdt set ups then anyone else, huge es pools and shields and now superior movement via whirling blades to lame people out via regens as well as anyone else can. Casters are fine now like you said. They are most powerful against melee even without shotgunning just because of spells like Firestorm for example, but fall short or go even with bow users. Besides, that wasn't exactly where my post was going in the first place. I was basically referring to your very last paragraph, bow and daggers have stupid high base weapon damage and dps in mirror form plus a tree location best fit for PvP. Why are the 2 most obvious crit weapon types, also in the best tree location with dodges, evasions, great dps nodes yet also have 400+ base damage x 600+% multipliers (500-600 without Abyssus)? RT 2h/1h on the other side of the tree can't take enough dps nodes to even compare to that damage output nor survivability.

I know people still think Kaom's is some hot shit (legacy is still good) and mara/duelist/templar trees = godlike survivability via regens and un-paralled damage output because they use 2 hands instead of 1 but that's just not the case. Those lame fire trappers and hp based staff casters are still plenty powerful even with new Kaoms, yes...but RT melee is not on the same level as other builds contrary to what people want to believe. I also know Lapiz isn't a slouch, but to defend melee crit dagger, claim you can't catch people etc.. etc.. is just not a great argument. Seriously in the current state of the game exalt for exalt you can not say an hp based crit dagger with a 6link chest and dodges pushing realistic 5-6k life < 2h melee with kaoms pushing realistic 7.5-9k tops. You also can't defend crit bow, like ever...seriously there's a reason everyone's crit bow, people don't play whats hard and un rewarding. They play what's easy to play and performs the best.

Anyways, forget all that bull shit.

GGG just focus on my EA and Frost wall suggestion re quoted by Rupenus then lolozori. Maybe also consider one other thing I've been writing for nearly 2 years now. Removing the sword exclusive BCR cluster in favor of a universal 2h one, in the same area of the tree with the same percentages damage/reduction wise for 2h sword/axe/mace, not staff.

For once i completely agree with your post, frostwall seems to play a huge factor in why these builds are OP right now, removing it from cwdt spells would force people to try to use it on totems or themselves instead of waiting until it triggers multiple times in a row and shotgun the opponent. Giving BCR cluster to the general of melee/2h builds is the way to go like you said, would fix a lot of the issues non-sword 2h'ers have right now.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Nov 3, 2015, 8:10:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info