[2.0] My version of the BoTW Cloner (Yes I'm jealous)

Hello everyone,

This is just a showcase of the tree and gear I'm using. Been theory crafting it since a long time and a large part of the credits don't go to me. ====> Not trying to argue or prove anything here.

I find this version of the build to be quiete competitive compared to the Build of the Week one, but I think you'll get overall more defense from the his version. You can't beat MoM and shit. I still end up with 5.8K Life at lvl 91, with shit jewels (no life on 3/4 of them).

It's difficult to tell wich one does the most DPS though. Anyway, I'm more than happy about my result, even more now that I upgraded to 2x 6L's : Damage is now ridiculous. I did some Sarn Arena today, was wrecking pretty much every one, a cycloner bleed had me quiete some times and people I couldnt kill couldnt kill me as well. One shoted many people.

Videos : - An "easy" (got scared at some points lol) Crematorium run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxhilcdNVVA&feature=youtu.be <=== No sound on this video, will make another one.

- An Underround River run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glteEcbo7X4&feature=youtu.be with x2 6L's now, damage is now off the chart (Upgraded my 5L belly)

The Pics :
Spoiler

The Passive Tree at lvl 92 : https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAA-4EBwSzCGcI9A3NFy8YPBhWGYoaOBqPHM4c3B0UHaodviLiJy8o-ipNK1Ay0TOHNZI6WDrYPQ8_J0GHRUdFnUZxR-JKyEyzTblN41FMU1JVxlXWWW1akV8qX5hfsGTnaPJqQ2qsa9ttGW6qb550VXy7fRh9W4CkgseDCYPbhMWFYIqvjxqPRpARkFWTOprgm6GbtaIApDmmV6cIqH2qxKxHrJivbK-ntfK3PriTvSfAVMBmwzrFispKzLzPMtAf0_vYveGI6-7siu_r8B_yRfba99f56PrS-wn-Cv5J_lT-j3vD

Credit to Swagve for helping me optimizing the tree

From there, you can grab whatever you want really. More life ? More jewel ? Up to you.

Bandits : Normal : Oak // Cruel and Mercyless : Skill Point

Pros&Cons :
+Can do pretty much any map modes except for Blood Magic, as most of your damage comes from your auras.
+Really good Clearspeed for a "summoner" build
+Incredibly fun to play and satisfying to watch clones of your pretty Scion do the nasty work for you
+Excels in PVP
+Really flexible build : you can go ahead with budget gear and farm the whole content of the game (except Uber maybe ?), it will just be slower.
+MF potential as it doesn't really require any DPS stats on your gear
+Really good in Parties as you provide really strong auras with Generosity and the aura nodes in the tree
+Didn't try, but pretty sure this is HC viable
+You pretty much never get hit, as Clones act as meatshields for you, but...

-...Really bad damage mitigation, that's why we have the big life buffer. Once in a while, you'll get one shot if you're not carefull in tough maps
-I don't really see any other bad aspects for this build, hit me up if you're thinking of something ;)

The Gear&Links :
Of course, you don't need this level of gear/gems for the build to work. Works perfectly fine with 5L's. What you'll need on your gear though is heavy dexterity, if you don't wanna spend extra +30 Dex points in the tree. I currently have +132 Dex from my gear.

The Jewels :
Ideally, you want the Increased Max Life on all of your jewels. Expensive shit though. Can go up to 6K+ life with right jewels.

EDIT : 10/23/015 : Since I've upgraded to the x2 6L's, I now don't really see the point about using the clones linked in the Deerstalkers
like this. I rather have more life, the curse setup and some quantity. 15% doesn't seem like much, but when farming lvl 77+ maps with 95% + IIQ, there's a difference in map and currency drops. You could fit as well some Goldwyrm in that slot, the mana regen would be a plus. But you don't need the mana regen of those boots though, it would just make the -40/-60 Regen easier ;).

Give a go to this build, this one or the BoTW one, either of those will give you a blast.
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Last edited by JungTzu on Oct 22, 2015, 8:02:01 PM
Looking good! I think it's a mistake to drop Elemental Equilibrium from the build, though. -50 res is really damn strong when 90% of our damage is elemental. If you apply it with Cold damage, it will make Hatred a bit worse, but it will make the other two elements ridiculously strong (up to 3x stronger against 75% resist enemies).

Watching your video, it seems like Pierce comes close to matching my Chain build in pack clearspeed. I still think Chain beats it thanks to the autotargeting (and you don't have to worry about positioning your clones properly on the edge of a mob). BUT, for single target there's no doubt that your build is way stronger. Have you attempted Uber yet? :p
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Oct 19, 2015, 1:15:51 PM
"
dariidar wrote:
Looking good! I think it's a mistake to drop Elemental Equilibrium from the build, though. -50 res is really damn strong when 90% of our damage is elemental. If you apply it with Cold damage, it will make Hatred a bit worse, but it will make the other two elements ridiculously strong (up to 3x stronger against 75% resist enemies).

Watching your video, it seems like Pierce comes close to matching my Chain build in pack clearspeed. I still think Chain beats it thanks to the autotargeting (and you don't have to worry about positioning your clones properly on the edge of a mob). BUT, for single target there's no doubt that your build is way stronger. Have you attempted Uber yet? :p

Hello man, glad you're giving your thoughts about this, being one of "us" cloners ;).

Well I ran EE with a curse setup on a different scion, like right after the gems were released. It was strong indeed, but with the traps and flash offering, I felt like I had to push on so many buttons, I need something that deals it's DPS without any help from me, except from flesh offering/vaal haste (or convocation, when it was still working for the clones, this was op as fuck.).

But anyway, at the end, I think your build is better overall. Your defenses seem to be incredible : with my build, I have to rely on my positioning so much. Except from a big life buffer and a bit of evasion, and that's it about my defenses :p. I really rely on my clones to block attacks for me.

As you said though, the single target damage is quiete ridiculous and I think it really competes with your build :). No I didn't try Uber, I'm pretty scared. I'll maybe try to do her when I'll get some more levels. But I need to do normal Atziri more first, only did her one time with this build, just to try. I died 2 times at the trio, one time at the vaals and zero time at Atziri ;). I don't know this fight at all also, did only Atziri 4 times in my life :p

Anyway, good job for the BoTW, your build deserves it, and thanks for passing by :)
Last edited by JungTzu on Oct 19, 2015, 5:12:41 PM
New video added
would be very cool to see some sarn arena videos
"
1235 wrote:
would be very cool to see some sarn arena videos

Okay mate, gonna try making one :)
Gear updated and curse setup added.