Doryani's Fist - Unarmed Cyclone and Righteous Fire! [HC] [2.0.4b+]

!Work in Progress!

Intro

First off, why?

I play CoC builds for the most part, I love discharge and never really get bored of it.

For the 1 Month Flashback I wanted to take a break however (Also wasn't feasible to get my hands on Voll's protector quickly and well, I'm impatient).

So I thought "how about unarmed?". Well facebreakers is used by many but Doryani's Fist's are not really that popular. So I went about creating a build from the following idea;

Unarmed Cyclone with Righteous Fire.

I started playing PoE after awakening, so just around the time Tempest Started.

I reached 80 in Tempest playing CoC Discharge and therefore my knowledge of the game is limited but it's all about learning.

Videos

Need to find a decent converter for my videos, suggestions welcome!

Advantages and Disadvantages

Advantages:

You look pretty fucking cool, I mean come on;

http://i.imgur.com/eBRlfSN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/c5lWKLe.jpg.

You can Perma proc Elemental Equilibrium with the help of Doryani's Fists and your Cyclone.

Very tanky.

Doesn't struggle vs big packs nor bosses.

Has access to extra AoE Jewel(Martial Artistry) thanks to being Unarmed.

Disadvantages:

Only works from 63+ (Doryani's at 63, RoTP from 65)

Absolutely Requires the two Uniques.

You can sustain RF as long as you are idle however the moment you spin and don't hit anything you will degen substantially. As long as you are in a pack or hitting at least 1 target you will not have that problem.

Low gear ceiling.

Not endgame viable due to lack of damage mostly.

Bad in parties.

Core Items

Gem links
6L -> Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic - Life Gain on Hit - Lightning Pen - X / (Added Chaos Damage)
3L -> Righteous Fire - Increased Burning Damage - Increased Area of Effect
4L -> Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enfeeble - Purity of Fire
4L -> Cast When Damage Taken - Tempest shield - Lightning Pen - Chain
4l -> Grace OR Determination - Reckoning - Riposte - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Alternative to last line

4L -> Grace or Determination - Purity of fire - Faster Attacks - Shield Charge

This means you swap Purity of fire with Enduring Cry in the relevant line.

I run the trigger gem set up but it doesn't get you charges as quick as I had hoped for, Manually casting Enduring Cry and having Shield Charge as an extra escape plan is superior imo.

Skill Tree

Initially I tried to get Ranger to work, simply because of IR and the abundance of Shield nodes and Eva+HP nodes near the ranger/duelist start areas.

This had two major downfalls, namely, Travelling and lack of HP regen nodes within close proximity to the areas I had to travel to anyway.

Ranger can still work fairly well though, just falls short of the Marauder start imo.

Marauder Final Skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38xFiMz_ZIXz8UIBo-7w58uCku8axXDdlh0iGWbPObrY0ZLvJBns2Rzmhlz34n7YIHpzDE9gYOAefGrnKpr6fUfDboFE0b-jwtDF9VqfcyPQ8J9hpV_Esl34PMg18cp5e0fNl8uwY5YSG8n7Ystz5TpWoBOtj7qoTvZKMYkaQZQYf-Cuw4Jy_zBqLq2sEB3Pno2L3yRSlPhXuCm5BVUWAS4S5TdO2E2YLHNZI64eQiZlSaO9NvBS1Hfij6_o-mVxpsn9_hc702mK1N4zbpna7vfKIAZU0kqgN18B--pxZvkSto8uNqWHdfBBo42Xw=

Bandits
Normal: Help Oak, gives 40HP.
Cruel: Kill all, gives +1 skill point.
Merciless: Help Oak, gives +1 Max endurance charges.

Gear Guide

My current Gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by ReddCore on Nov 25, 2015, 9:27:54 PM
Reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info