End Game Viable BM EE Cycloner

Concept
For quite some time I have been trying to put together a build that takes advantage of the -50% elemental resistance from Elemental Equilibrium while completely avoiding the downside of +25% elemental resistance of hit type. I fiddled around with several different thoughts before coming to the idea of scaling separate, high damage elemental hits in both hands and a skill that alternates hands on each attack. I originally intended to use Double Strike with Melee Splash but the clear speed was awful so I switched to Cyclone and never looked back.

Naturally, the notion of 2x Dyadus was perfect for the build. However, after some testing, I decided to swap out the main hand Dyadus for a Hyaon's Fury for higher dps, and later on, replaced the other Dyadus with a +2 weapon range cold/fire rapier. To take full advantage of EE, we want to be dealing damage of only one element (more specifically mutually independent elements), so we can't effectively run any auras other than Haste (lol) to increase our damage. Therefore we opt to take Blood Magic for a substantial increase to our maximum life as well as the ability to sustain cyclone without dropping a support gem. I was skeptical of the damage output of this build but it is actually quite high! It is completely endgame viable since I have been able to clear every map with every map mod that I have come across, with the highest of monster level being 78. I believe that it is Atziri viable also, I died trying to kill her myself (only 2nd ever time fighting her), but I was able to easily beat the Vaal bosses and Trio.

Skills
Main attack:

6L: Cyclone - Increased AoE - WED - Innervate - Faster Attacks - Lightning Penetration
or Cyclone - Increased AoE - WED - Innervate - Faster Attacks - Concentrated Effect
or Cyclone - Increased AoE - WED - Innervate - Faster Attacks - Hypothermia

5L: Cyclone - Increased AoE - WED - Innervate - Faster Attacks

4L: Cyclone - Increased AoE - WED - Innervate

I have found that Innervate is an extremely powerful support in this build and the 20% movement and attack speed increase your clear speed dramatically (the shock chance is just gravy on top). It can be swapped out for Conc Effect when fighting bosses if you want to increase your dps.

Utility:

Leap Slam - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness

This combination can give us a dps boost against bosses, rares, and magic packs while simultaneously keeping Fortify up for added survivability.

CWDT - Molten Shell - Conc Effect - Fire Pen

I tested Immortal Call and Increased duration but it went off so often that having 7 endurance charges up constantly along side the damage absorption and bonus armour from Molten Shell proved to be more effective at mitigating physical damage. It also allows us to run Ele Weakness maps because of the +28% all res. We use max level CWDT to increase the damage of Molten Shell as much as possible. Since we are only dealing cold and lightning damage with our weapons, this also takes full advantage of EE.

Chaos Golem - Minion Life - Minion and Totem Res - Fortify

Fire Golem can be used instead, but I prefer the bonus physical reduction because our dps is already sufficient. If you truly want more dps, you can also kill Kraityn in merciless for +1 frenzy charge instead of +1 endurance charge.

Enduring Cry - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration

We have very little life leech so Increased Duration on Enduring Cry is a nice little boost to our life regen. We throw Vaal Haste in also because it is pretty handy against map bosses.

Blood Rage

The bonus attack speed and frenzy charge generation can't be passed up, and the degeneration is no problem with our high life regen and 7 endurance charges. This can be linked to Increased Duration for a minor quality of life improvement but I find that it doesn't need to be linked at all.

Passives and Bandits
Level 88 tree: http://poeurl.com/zBHYBZC
Normal: Oak, +40 to maximum life
Cruel: Kraityn, +8% attack speed
Merciless: Oak, +1 endurance charge

Gear
Weapons and Helm

End Game:

Cyclone range is based off of the weapon with the higher range of the two so we can make use of a rapier since it has the highest weapon range (7) for a one handed weapon. If you can get your hands on a rapier with high attack speed, flat cold and fire rolls, you can master craft +2 weapon range for a total of 9 range. This gives you an excellent increase to your AoE (9 range vs 6 range on Hyaon's) and we can effectively run Conc Effect instead of Hypothermia for an extra 20% more damage multiplier with the same total AoE. However I find that the DPS is sufficient without Conc Effect, so I have been running Lightning Penetration as the 6th link. The elemental DPS on this rapier is slightly lower than Dyadus, but since you have more attack speed, you end up hitting with Hyaon's more often so it actually gives you slightly more DPS. Devoto's Devotion is the BiS helm for this build due to the movement speed, attack speed, and high evasion + armour.

Mid to Late Game:

Using Hyaon's gives a solid increase in DPS over 2x Dyadus and it also increases the range of your cyclone by 1 resulting in higher AoE. Also, now that we deal lightning damage, we no longer have to use The Three Dragons to apply shocks for our Innverate. At this point I would recommend picking up Starkonja's Hood as it is quite cheap and gives us good life, attack speed, and decent evasion. We can put Dyadus in the offhand for chilling enemies as a defensive tactic, or in the main hand for minor DPS increase via ignites.

Budget Version:

If you are just starting off, I recommend using 2x Dyadus and The Three Dragons to shock with your fire damage (you still get 25% ignite chance from main hand Dyadus via hits from cold damage with your off hand).

Armour

Carcass Jack and Bronn's Lithe are both good choices for an armour. From testing I have found that the AoE increase from Carcass is slightly more powerful than the bonus damage and movement speed from Bronn's (I only tested it on a 4L). The choice is up to you though, I recommend trying them both for yourself and seeing which you prefer.

Other than that, the stats you want to look for on items are, in order of importance:
-Life
-Resistances
-WED
-Attack Speed
-Armour/Evasion

Here is the gear I am using:

Defensive Stats
Coming soon™

Offensive Stats
Coming soon™

Dangerous Map Mods

There are only a few map mods that the build has any trouble with; Elemental Reflect, -Max Resistance, and No Regeneration. To increase our survivability we simply swap WED for Life Gained don Hit and things run pretty smoothly. The only thing that can be an issue is Molten Shell on Reflect maps. If it goes off in a very large pack, the damage is so high that it can one hit you, so you either have to take the gem out for these maps or be very conscious while tackling large packs.

Videos

Ele Weakness Gorge Run: https://youtu.be/Mol7y6y1m_E
Budget Version Strand Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CgToqQiOY
Last edited by StraightSlothin on Oct 19, 2015, 7:26:57 PM
I've taken a look at your tree, it's 127 points... and not very efficient, i can suggest a quick improvement for it:
http://tinyurl.com/ofaqe5b
My tree have more life, more damage, more attack speed, more armor at 112 points compare to your tree. It have only 4 jewel slots compare to your tree, but there're 4 jewel slots (3points each) if you find really good jewel and wanna grab them.
I also didnt take IR, i dont think it's necessary, but if you want it's 2 points away.
112 points means like level 92 if u help 3 bandits, which is pretty high already. If you want to level up further with my tree, best choices i think is grab all the attack speed, and life+ar/ev on duelist tree. It's actually pretty good, average 4% as / point is consider effective I think. Or if more life is never enough, get life nearby :D, scion life well is there to complete.
Need a purpose in life...
"
I've taken a look at your tree, it's 127 points... and not very efficient, i can suggest a quick improvement for it:
http://tinyurl.com/ofaqe5b
My tree have more life, more damage, more attack speed, more armor at 112 points compare to your tree. It have only 4 jewel slots compare to your tree, but there're 4 jewel slots (3points each) if you find really good jewel and wanna grab them.
I also didnt take IR, i dont think it's necessary, but if you want it's 2 points away.
112 points means like level 92 if u help 3 bandits, which is pretty high already. If you want to level up further with my tree, best choices i think is grab all the attack speed, and life+ar/ev on duelist tree. It's actually pretty good, average 4% as / point is consider effective I think. Or if more life is never enough, get life nearby :D, scion life well is there to complete.

I think there is a bug? My tree is only 108 points, I will post poebuilder version (http://poeurl.com/zBHK212) also. The different ways of pathing both have their pros and cons, I may respec later to compare the two but I believe the difference will be minimal.
If you were to make a mana based version of this, besides haste, would blasphemy + ele weakness be your second aura?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info