PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[PVP] This is the end... My only friend, the end [PVP]

"
... except one. Most people talking here are not interested in PvP or competetive games/gameplay in general (they want to play together not against someone). On the other hand, even most competetive gamers in PoE don't play PvP and I never heard them care for PvP except a very small number.

Funny guys... I critisize you for saying nothing but the same repetitive bullshit, 'we don't like pvp,' 'no1 plays pvp because it sucks.'

How is that any different than what I just accused everyone of doing?

Stop flaming PVP.

Until this game has tournaments which are well thought out like mine are to blend with the race design then this game has never had pvp.
What I'm talking about isn't new content besides some new NPCs maybe or a couple new arenas...

Der1ved's PVP system is a working queue system and a working tournament system for the existing pvp.

No balance changes will be needed, no exploits will be possible, many aspects of the game experience will be benefitted by these implementations.
"
der1ved wrote:
Funny guys... I critisize you for saying nothing but the same repetitive bullshit, 'we don't like pvp,' 'no1 plays pvp because it sucks.'

If no one cares... no one cares. And if no one cares - most people hope GGG don't care too. There is nothing else to add ôO
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
PvP doesn't need balances, could blend perfectly with race season and give hardcore/softcore players something to do with their lvl 100's which doesn't even detract much time from racing.

With currency rewards for tournaments organized by brackets race season pvp would give exp and currency, exploits are easy to prevent arena tweaks can solve running/hiding issue.

This is existing content that just needs a better que system and to be integrated into races/hardcore/softcore.

There is no doubt this will greatly increase the PofE's lifespan

The notion of having players in race seasons fight to the death and be removed from the league or put to standard league if in hardcore... Or removed permanently if in standard would attract a massive twitch audience and may need to have spectator integrated directly into the game
interesting ideas
I'm sorry, but the's posts is farrr too long, level balance means nothing, I can throw all my gear onto my lvl 79 and kill anything/ anyone.

Bracket won't mean mean, I haven't lost a single game last pvp ladder, rank 1 (Eu &Us)

But I couldn't agree more, something for pvp would be fucking nice.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 4, 2015, 6:54:16 PM
"
I'm sorry, but the's posts is farrr too long

Not a problem, here's a condensed summary

Derived's pvp system blends perfectly with race season taking place in two tournaments one at the beginning of the season where players are ungeared (not twinked) fighting in multiple tournaments with currency rewards granted to top finishers on the ladder. Level brackets separate the ques and players can earn exp with diminishing returns added for losses versus wins in higher brackets.

The finals of each brackets are fought to the death (removal from league) giving a huge boon to the twitch audience. Rewards should be an EX imo. thats less than 10 ex given out at the beginning and the end of the season.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This design blends with races in various ways:

00Better economy for items as more players will level from pvp reducing the market of items per player and increasing the demand.

00Players are forced to sacrifice PVP skills/abilities for PVE in order to kill high level content and gain items/currency vital to success at all levels of PVP.

00Two different tournament experiences with ungeared leveling players and twinks.

00Level 100's on soft/hard core modes have something to do with their characters even during an active race season as PVP does not consume that much time to place in a tournament.

00The majority of players in a new race season are out of the running for the main race rewards in the first 30minutes and 99.99% of players in the first 48hours. These pvp tournaments would remarkably benefit PofE's community by giving all players a way to be competitive during a race season. The twitch boon cannot be understated.

"
der1ved wrote:
"
I'm sorry, but the's posts is farrr too long

Not a problem, here's a condensed summary

Derived's pvp system blends perfectly with race season taking place in two tournaments one at the beginning of the season where players are ungeared (not twinked) fighting in multiple tournaments with currency rewards granted to top finishers on the ladder. Level brackets separate the ques and players can earn exp with diminishing returns added for losses versus wins in higher brackets.

The finals of each brackets are fought to the death (removal from league) giving a huge boon to the twitch audience. Rewards should be an EX imo. thats less than 10 ex given out at the beginning and the end of the season.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This design blends with races in various ways:

00Better economy for items as more players will level from pvp reducing the market of items per player and increasing the demand.

00Players are forced to sacrifice PVP skills/abilities for PVE in order to kill high level content and gain items/currency vital to success at all levels of PVP.

00Two different tournament experiences with ungeared leveling players and twinks.

00Level 100's on soft/hard core modes have something to do with their characters even during an active race season as PVP does not consume that much time to place in a tournament.

00The majority of players in a new race season are out of the running for the main race rewards in the first 30minutes and 99.99% of players in the first 48hours. These pvp tournaments would remarkably benefit PofE's community by giving all players a way to be competitive during a race season. The twitch boon cannot be understated.

Players that's not geared is essentially naked fist punching each other mara would win? Currency reward would be nice, but all the haters/ poor fags would complain, because they're poor/ cannot pvp.

Que time is already pretty abysmal already, 30 minutes ~6 hours wait time, if you're top of the ladder. Deleting a full fleshed player in a league is completely out of the question, temp leagues currency is very rare, and killing my soft core character would shock the standard economy.

1 ex as reward per duel is... iffy, you can easily forge duels, just to earn currency, however a single ex as a 2k ex character is trival money/ not worth risking character for.

01 If players are removed from pvp, as they lose nobody would nor will we have the population to sustain it.

02 I personally believe there's no such thing as, a pure pvp build, I mean, I have a strong pvp build, and the guys that say, you abuse other people/ beat them because you only have a pvp build, thats pretty untrue, I can clear maps at a competitive level, near full body bis builds speed, it just means my build can pvp and PVE viable and theres just can't pvp. Aka pure PVE builds are shit.

03 trying to argue a rpg dungeons crawler is "skill" Base game like fps is abit unrealistic, 90% of the match is fought outside of the arena, mechanics, wealth, progression etc, then you weigh in map type and build counter / swap gear. Thenn player skill. Personally I would not accept someone who just started playing poe being pvp champion because of 1 shot kill/ luck/ counter mechanics, it should be a process of wealth, theory and time investment.

04 I'm level 100, gaining one ex per match, I'd be pretty happy, as I have not lost a single ranked match before, whoever 1 lost/ dc is 2k ex vanish is unacceptable. And nobody would fight me lol.

05 exp while pvp'ING would be nice. Wiping out 99.99% of a new leagues population is beyond dumb, :/ everybody is a on a different time zone, if you start a late you'd might as well not try.

I think I missed a lot of the points due to a quick summary, however what I think you're purposing is currency as reward on victory, but this is just like a common dota game effect, the longest of such events cannot be longer than 4 hours, if not less, as winners will always get stronger. As known as the "snowball" effect. League must be void afterwards, similar to decent champions, as you progress you gain more currency, in a timed race environment. With that said, perment league characters obviously cannot join etc.

But then again, the reason people play rpg dungeon crawler gamessage is that they get a sense progression, if yOU feed them an infinite amount of currency to know what is the best when everything else is perfect you essentially have a 5 minute game stats simulator. It's not the product of best in slot perfectly rolled, items but rather the journey/ struggle.

I'm on mobile, excuse spellings.

Edit
Hi I'm lib, I play a lot of games.... and sort of a game developer as a career.

Edit 2
What if I told you, I can make a build that beat 95% of the pvp'ING population and reach top ladderboard status, on a lvl 80 character in under 5ex?
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 4, 2015, 9:30:59 PM
How can you be so confused??

Que times would change if PVP had relevance.

Exalts rewarded to top finishers, only top finishers fight to the death, there's 1 top finisher for each level bracket 30-40, ... 90-100 ... tournaments take place once at the beginning of the season and another round of tournaments at the end allowing players to rush a hero to level 59, for example, stack him with gear and compete in a pvp tournament on an alternate hero... OR alternately leveling two heroes to 89 and gearing them for the second round of pvp tournaments in a race season.

The rest of your points in my opinion so poorly misconstrue my sentences omitting some words and misinterpreting others as to be representative of someone who played wow PVP. Did you play wow pvp?

But please? Do try again and state any legitimate concerns

[Edited by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Nov 6, 2015, 8:43:46 PM
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info