Kabushiki's Mjölner Vacuum Supporter [2.0.4]

The purpose of this build is to Support a party in endgame maps, improve the clear-speed, pull the mobs together quickly and to control them effectively. This is accomplished by using a Mjölner linked with BL and Shock Nova and a Tri-/Quad-Curse setup on the main link.
Unlike other Vacuum builds the purpose is not to pull 50+ mobs or to tank mobs forever.

History
This is the build I ran at the start of Tempest before Spirit Busting was a thing. Sadly I died at lvl 85 on a hard rolled 79 map through careless play.
I decided to run this build again in the one month Flashback league.
I'm currently level 90 and have done dozens of 78+ maps with hard rolls and the mod overload that comes with the Flashback league.

Videos
Coming soon...
Meanwhile a small preview

Build Strengths
  • Tri-/Quad-Curse
  • Very tanky
  • Controls monsters effectively
  • Great synergy with many builds (SRS, EA, KB, Firestorm, etc)
  • Trivializes endgame maps for party
  • Can do all map mods

Build Weaknesses
  • Can't solo
  • Requires a Mjölner (although it can be played as regular Vacuum without)
  • Hard to color 5L/6L
  • Causes performance drops if not careful
  • Lightning Thorns

Stats

How to level up without currency
Act 1-2
Start as Marauder, take Groundslam and get a 2H Mace from Vendor if possible. Otherwise equip the first 2H Mace or Staff you find.
Get Vigilant Strike from Breaking some Eggs and Leap Slam, Added Fire and Rallying Cry from Brutus.

In Act2 get Melee Physical Damage, Herald of Ash and Faster Attacks. The links you are aiming for is Ground Slam + Melee Phys + Added Fire (+ Heavy Strike) and Leap Slam + Faster Attacks. If you have spare Links you can get Vengeance or Warlord's Mark.
Start leveling Weapon Elemental Damage and Blood Rage on your weapon swap.
Help Oak.

Act 3-4
Kill Gravicius and get Ice Crash. Swap Groundslam for Ice Crash as soon as you get a 4-Link (Ice Crash + Weapon Ele + Added Fire + Melee Phys). Don't use it on a 3L.
In Act3 don't forget to do the Library and get Fortify. Link it with Leap Slam or Heavy Strike so you can drop Vigilant Strike.
Remember to upgrade your Mace frequently.

Stop to grind Dried Lake until you have caught up with the level of the Zone or 1-2 levels above.
Get Flame Golem and CwdT. Once you've skilled Sanctity you can start using Blood Rage. Personally I like to link it to CwdT together with Golem.

Act 1-4 Cruel
Keep your Weapon upgraded throughout Cruel. Once you skill the Jewel try to get one with Mana on Hit or Mana Leech.
Help Kraityn in Act 2.
When you hit Act4 try to roll a Hallowed Life instant flask and look for a Granite. Then catch up with levels in Dried Lake.
Skill Diamond Skin if you have trouble with your Resists.

Merciless and early Maps
You can start putting points in extra Endurance Charges and use Enduring Cry over Rallying Cry when you have a good Mana Jewel or some Leech/Mana on Hit on your gear.
Help Oak one more time in Act 2.
While you level in Dried Lake start getting geared for maps. Try to buy a cheap Mace with good DPS and max your Resists if they aren't already.

Vacuum Pre-Mjölner
After refunds your tree should look similar to this.
Before you can transition to regular Vacuum you need

A Gemini Claw with high attack speed

You also need Brute Force Solution and some %Knockback Jewels.
Put Brute Force Solution it in the Jewel slot in the Duelest area. Replace the other Jewel with a %Knockback one.
Your ideal links will be Cyclone + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Inc AoE. These colors are quite hard to get but you can change the links depending on what you get.
For Cursing I recommend Shock Nova + CoH + Ele Weakness + Temp Chains.
Shock Nova can be replaced by Ice Crash, Molten Strike or some other skill if you can't get the colors for Shock Nova.
For mobility Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic.
From this point on use Purity + Determination for your Auras.

Once you can afford a 5L and a 2nd Doedre's Damning you can start Tri-Cursing.

At this point you start saving up for a Mjölner.

Remember in order to transition you need 300 Int. With the unique Gloves and Rings it will be a little difficult to keep resists maxed while meeting the stat requirements but with Purity it should be possible.
Since you are losing the Life and Mana on Hit from the Claw switch Faster Attacks on Cyclone with LGoH and AoE with Bloodmagic.
Since you can't use Whirling Blades anymore I would start running Phase Run and Leap Slam or Flame Dash.

Endgame tree, Jewels, Bandits
Tree: Passive Tree
Play around with Diamond Skin, 30Dex, 20Str, more Life Regen or more Jewels to fit your Gear.

Jewels:
1x Brute Force Solution
3x Life + Knockback
Play around with Attributes and Resists to fit your Gear. Otherwise aim for Attack Speed, Cast Speed or %Armor.

You can also try to get Mana on Hit (from Jewels/Ring Corrupt/Revelry) and switch Bloodmagic for Blind on Cyclone.

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Oak

Links
3L: Shock Nova + BL + Knockback
3L: Determination + AA/Purity of X + Enduring Cry
4L: Cyclone + LGoH + Bloodmagic/Blind + Fortify
4L: Vaal Grace + Phase Run + FC + Increased Duration
4L: CwdT + Chaos Golem + Molten Shell + Flame Dash/Leap Slam
5L/6L: Shock Nova/Ice Crash + CoH + Temp Chains + Enfeeble + Ele Weakness (+ 4th Curse/AoE/FC)

If you can max Resists without Purity you can swap it out for AA. Chill + Temp Chains is very effective even after the nerf.
For Quad-Cursing a +1 Curse Ammu is required.
Shock Nova can be replaced by something else depending on the colors. I'm using Molten Strike at the moment.

Gear

Map mods
This build can do all map mods. However Curse Immunity will obviously limit it's usefulness by a lot.
For no regen maps I recommend turning off Determination and switching in a Mana Flask.
On Ele Weakness maps remember to keep your Endurance Charges up.

Playstyle
  • Keep your Endurance Charges up
  • Use 1 short Cyclone on big groups to keep lag to a minimum
  • After mobs are grouped apply curses
  • For Warbands or Bosses that run around hold Cyclone to keep them controlled
  • Use Phase run between packs
  • Use Vaal Grace + Rumi's for hard packs
  • Be careful with Fracture and Allies cannot die - those mods can cause severe lag and even disconnects if you proc too much!

FAQ
Why no Aegis?
Unlike regular Vacuum builds this build doesn't pull and control that many mobs and it doesn't need to control them forever.
Also Aegis only helps against weak mobs who don't touch this build anyway.

Why not use Unwavering Stance?
We can't get stunned while in Cyclone.
We have naturally high HP and Armor so it's rare to get stunned anyway.
We would lose out on Evasion which isn't much but with Quality Enfeeble still enough to evade 10-20%.

Is this build Harcore viable?
I currently have ISP issues so I'm playing Standard on Flashback. That being said this build is definitely viable on Hardcore with careful play. Watch out for Lightning Thorns though!

Credits:
The build was partly inspired by TheVoid's The RF Mjölner Vacuum Cleaner Build.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Oct 11, 2015, 11:44:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info