[Not a bug] Hammerstorm bug

I'm not sure if what happened is supposed to, as I've never had it happen before. I was down in The Mines Level 2 fighting the Hammersmith (Cruel difficulty) during the present league (IC001). A spirit merged with Hammersmith and gave it "Thief's Grip". As I fought it, I discovered that when I'd pop a potion and while it was restoring me health and Hammersmith would hit me, the potion effect would immediately stop/disappear. This wound up getting me killed, but thankfully I'm not playing HC. Is this working as intended, or is it a bug?

List version:
Hammersmith
w/Thief's Grip
Interrupts potion effect
Bug?
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 11, 2015, 7:40:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
damientalrose wrote:
A spirit merged with Hammersmith and gave it "Thief's Grip". As I fought it, I discovered that when I'd pop a potion and while it was restoring me health and Hammersmith would hit me, the potion effect would immediately stop/disappear.

as in the wiki described, thief's grip should only prevent you from leeching life of the possesed monster.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
damientalrose wrote:
A spirit merged with Hammersmith and gave it "Thief's Grip". As I fought it, I discovered that when I'd pop a potion and while it was restoring me health and Hammersmith would hit me, the potion effect would immediately stop/disappear.

as in the wiki described, thief's grip should only prevent you from leeching life of the possesed monster.

The issue is not that I can't leech life from someone with Thief's Grip, it's that when I was fighting this particular monster, my potion effects would completely end once I got hit--Not when I hit the monster.
I realized that this same effect happens from other monsters and then discovered the modifier "Nullifier". Hammersmith didn't have that, but now that I've seen it, maybe it was just disguised.
Thief's Grip ends active potion effects on hit, among other effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info