[2.0] Wukong - Acrobatics Crit Staff: Wild - Lightning - Flicker Strike & More (w/ MF and Atziri)

Updated MF section, added my current gear.

Will try to add more detail on endgame by the end of the week.
Nice build, the layout is great, thanks :)

Concerning armour vs Acrobatics, I must say that both have their pros and cons and when you test armour builds in practice, you get to see its power and it works great, but so does Acro + Phase.
In the end, I think it's a matter of playstyle and personal preference (here you could lose some crit and the Acro cluster to get more life and armour as well as some increased damage)

I may try this in the upcoming Darkshrine league, it'll depend on my mood at the time !

One last thing : could we get a video showcasing its potential in the endgame gear ? :)
"
Vadler wrote:
Nice build, the layout is great, thanks :)

Concerning armour vs Acrobatics, I must say that both have their pros and cons and when you test armour builds in practice, you get to see its power and it works great, but so does Acro + Phase.
In the end, I think it's a matter of playstyle and personal preference (here you could lose some crit and the Acro cluster to get more life and armour as well as some increased damage)

I may try this in the upcoming Darkshrine league, it'll depend on my mood at the time !

One last thing : could we get a video showcasing its potential in the endgame gear ? :)

Thanks =).

Due to comments so far, I added Lightning Coil to the list of recommended endgame gear.

I also wanted to include a section on doing Atziri, but I had focused on farming redblade helms (last weekend for warband).

The laptop I play PoE on isn't powerful enough to do vid capture PoE. Might install it on my tower when I have time.

In the meantime, I updated the guide with lots of pictures showcasing the endgame.
Last edited by Zhen on Oct 26, 2015, 1:31:01 PM
Update with section on Atziri and endgame mapping.
excellent! - bump -
How are you sustaining your mana with only 25% unreserved and no elreon or leech on jewelry? More expensive skills like cyclone and ice crash seem like they would run you dry pretty fast
"
How are you sustaining your mana with only 25% unreserved and no elreon or leech on jewelry? More expensive skills like cyclone and ice crash seem like they would run you dry pretty fast

I use a Surgeon's Hallowed Mana Flask of Warding, which only requires 4 charges per use. I would change to a Divine Flask (5 charge/use) with a 6-L.

1. Surgeon's affix + high crit = infinite flask usage.
2. Suffix gives 1 status immunity of choice (immunity to Curse or Bleed is especially useful).

The tricky part is testing how much %Q you need on the flask to sustain the skill, but don't refill mana so quickly that you lose your status immunity/mana regen prematurely.
"
Zhen wrote:
I use a Surgeon's Hallowed Mana Flask of Warding, which only requires 4 charges per use. I would change to a Divine Flask (5 charge/use) with a 6-L.

1. Surgeon's affix + high crit = infinite flask usage.
2. Suffix gives 1 status immunity of choice (immunity to Curse or Bleed is especially useful).

The tricky part is testing how much %Q you need on the flask to sustain the skill, but don't refill mana so quickly that you lose your status immunity/mana regen prematurely.

Have you considered using one of the mana leech nodes from the spirit void cluster or even the whole circle? The build is already touching it and with a high dps weapon, it isn't hard to hit leech cap on crits. I only have about .25% mana leech on a ring, but it's pretty much keeping me from having to flask entirely and not much of my damage gets leeched since I'm using ice crash.
Last edited by PrisonPrincess on Nov 8, 2015, 12:13:08 AM
"
Have you considered using one of the mana leech nodes from the spirit void cluster or even the whole circle? The build is already touching it and with a high dps weapon, it isn't hard to hit leech cap on crits. I only have about .25% mana leech on a ring, but it's pretty much keeping me from having to flask entirely and not much of my damage gets leeched since I'm using ice crash.

I personally find 1 mana potion to be more optimal. It provides both valuable skill points and extra survivability.
1. Even with mana leech, a mana flask will still be better in some cases.
After the general leech nerf in 2.0, mana leech isn't reliable enough for some cases (especially against tough solo bosses). Leech also requires attacking the target (not always safe). Running out of mana can mean death/extremely slow fights.
2. One potion slot will always be used for anti-bleed/anti-curse.
Unlike hp potions, mana potions have such low charge/use that a Surgeon's flask never runs out. Practical immunity is often better than the extra life refill, ie: curse-casting necro's and mobs/bosses that apply a lot of bleed.

I have .27% mana leech on my gloves and the leech is noticeable, so I can see where you are coming from. In fact, I used 1 skill point on the .4% mana leech node until I got leech on gloves, so I do recommend having some mana leech.

For me, #2 was the deciding factor for using a mana potion over skill point/blood magic.

Getting the extra leech node(s) could work, depending on dps.
Last edited by Zhen on Nov 8, 2015, 2:07:49 AM
wouldn't it make it easier to start with scion for a crit staff build?
something like this https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAyWdBcrya7URZ86yqcqnE9sauPC2DzLc-CGf7i0WOE3GPRh0U-tJmnnIPkn33Mphv3CPlz9i9_gqDCWBDbj0Dljso9Ma-vDGeNdZFCvJFOuGmVzpCS3jdqDBx1CONvwW16NYi6sM6m7VfsMpKb56QVRo4dweHE5yk_94k_edUUUdwUioL8-q1SG1s53S5fIwL7LA2PViuXqU0MQmWl3nkUWebrj45DuNqFm-sR1FMGYYgnBEv62OZms96shkyAZsmvjoQe9sa

i have pretty much no experience in creating builds and usually just use a guide. so keep that in mind. in this case though i found that starting with a duelist results in very long branches with not much going on along the way.
i only invested a couple of minutes on the above skill tree and it should not be taken as an "improvement" but rather just as an illustration for my point of view as to why i started with a scion.

i'd like to know what you think about that. am i completely in the wrong here (as i said, that is most likely :) ) and if so, where did i go wrong in my thinking?

anyway i'd like to thank you for your guide. i've been looking a long time for a melee staff build and yours is really nicely written and explained.

cheers and thanks for your time
tim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info