[Can kill Desert Boss] L26 Vaal Molten Shell + Scold's Bridle + Emberwake + Taming

"
Harmona wrote:
That's some pricey shit you posted there.

That aside, I'm glad the Incinerate + VMS + Scold's combo is still alive. Might even try it, if I ever get enough currency.

I'm curious about the Consuming Dark version mentioned before... is it tankier? What's the dps loss? Throw me some numbers! :D

I'm running Consuming Dark, Scold's, VMS, Taming and Emberwake combo now but I didn't update my thread (OP linked it in his first post).

It is tankier (you have shield with block and extra ES), you can do Ele Reflect even with -max resists. You have better dps on Incinerate but u lose dps on VMS. Bosses die in a seconds anyway.

Like he said, purpose of this particular setup is best DPS possible, which he achieved... while not even having max lvl/qual gems (especially Empower) ... when it comes to DPS you wont beat this by anything. Trust me :)
Last edited by Diphal on Oct 8, 2015, 8:28:23 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Harmona wrote:
That's some pricey shit you posted there.

That aside, I'm glad the Incinerate + VMS + Scold's combo is still alive. Might even try it, if I ever get enough currency.

I'm curious about the Consuming Dark version mentioned before... is it tankier? What's the dps loss? Throw me some numbers! :D

I'm running Consuming Dark, Scold's, VMS, Taming and Emberwake combo now but I didn't update my thread (OP linked it in his first post).

It is tankier (you have shield with block and extra ES), you can do Ele Reflect even with -max resists. You have better dps on Incinerate but u lose dps on VMS. Bosses die in a seconds anyway.

Like he said, purpose of this particular setup is best DPS possible, which he achieved... while not even having max lvl/qual gems (especially Empower) ... when it comes to DPS you wont beat this by anything. Trust me :)

Also check out the hybrid variant for the consuming dark version, linked in op. It's what I used to actually level.

DPS loss is significant in nmubers but not in gameplay. VMS goes from 800k to around 200k, incinerate goes from 17k TT to around 20k TT.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
just made this:

from plain white no linked staff, which 6-linked in like 100 fuses using whetstones and hit +2 fire in like 10 regals, since its the pefect ilvl for that, 55
I still can't believe we paid so much for +3 stuff when its so easy to make

Now if only crafting ES chest was this easy...
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 10, 2015, 7:36:17 PM
Also, 4L just for LWarp seems kinda ridiculous.

These sockets can have a lot better uses.
One that would provide extremely high short survivability boost is using Vaal Discipline + Inc Duration which will raise max ES, it lasts like 8 seconds.
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 11, 2015, 9:48:08 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
Also, 4L just for LWarp seems kinda ridiculous.

These sockets can have a lot better uses.
One that would provide extremely high short survivability boost is using Vaal Discipline + Inc Duration which will raise max ES, it lasts like 8 seconds.

I agree.

"Can kill Desert Boss"
Haha, wow. The new Atziri!
Testing against reflect proved that without LL gem you literally die instantly - 1 click - dead. So running with FPen on VMS instead of LL seems like a terrible idea once xp becomes too precious to lose.
"
Shajirr wrote:
Testing against reflect proved that without LL gem you literally die instantly - 1 click - dead. So running with FPen on VMS instead of LL seems like a terrible idea once xp becomes too precious to lose.

Or just don't do reflect maps, or use consuming dark, or use infernal mantle, or use sibyl's lament (if not using emberwake+taming), or LL+cwdt warlords+purity of fire.

Lot's of options.

My CoC build can't do reflect maps easily and it's 99.8, so meh, not much of an issue any more. I did die once in a -max map to a reflect rare though.

No I mean reflect rare, not maps, I don't do reflect maps on any characters.

Played this build for several days.

I give up. Can't do it anymore.

In terms of survivability it is absolute trash, utter garbage.

Maybe you accustomed to play it, but it clearly isn't working out for me, at all.

When you have VMS active, you are nearly invincible, and can kill most things super-quick, rares, exiles and map bosses alike.

As soon as VMS wears out, you die from just about anything (except chaos dmg since you're immune)
- ground bombs? dead, you are almost melee so you get caught inside them, and once you see them they go off faster than you can react in most cases, can't use WB with staff
- bunch of random blue mobs attack you at the same time? dead, since you have no mitigation of phys dmg
- got frozen when freeze removal flask is out of charges? logout/dead
- any lag, even the smallest one? dead

Its nice being able to demolish map bosses, its not so nice when all your xp flies away from random deaths when you are caught in lag/between VMS activations/when not enough charges on VMS

Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 14, 2015, 2:37:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info