EA/EE Mechanics - GGG please! =)

There is a bit of a debate going on and I can't find any hard information besides everyone's speculation. Here's the scenario:

I use GMP with Explosive Arrow and have +2-4 cold damage to attacks on my gear (with that being the ONLY added elemental damage) and I have Elemental Equilibrium and shoot a pack of monsters so that the explosions will overlap. Will the explosions go off at a very minuscule but separate times thus procing EE off the explosion damage and causing the pack to take less AOE damage from fire OR will they all explode as one (at least as far as EE is concerned) and not cause additional resists against fire.
"
rynur45 wrote:
OR will they all explode as one (at least as far as EE is concerned)

That isn't possible, the game doesn't process AoE like that, and there's no "for EE's eyes only" either. If explosions overlapped on some enemy it will take less damage from the second one (and third, fourth or however many overlapped).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 6, 2015, 5:30:55 PM
I would like to ask: if I am using windripper (cold & lightning damage)

How to trigger EE?
You fire off arrows and hit enemies with them.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 7, 2015, 6:40:49 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
rynur45 wrote:
OR will they all explode as one (at least as far as EE is concerned)

That isn't possible, the game doesn't process AoE like that, and there's no "for EE's eyes only" either. If explosions overlapped on some enemy it will take less damage from the second one (and third, fourth or however many overlapped).

thanks for the answer. that means ea is pretty bad for pack clearing with ee. will only be a damage boost vs single target where no aoe overlapping is possible yes?
"
dukilupp wrote:
I would like to ask: if I am using windripper (cold & lightning damage)

How to trigger EE?

wouldn't recommend using EE with a windripper since mobs will always gain resistance to lightning and cold every time you attack them, so unless you're doing a build focused on fire damage then you're going to lose dps. and a fire build with windripper is just silly =P
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info